9/11- Heads or Tails?

Started by Sunny, September 11, 2006, 03:25:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zedd

These are the cupcakes my mom made not RJ

luiqui

Quote from: Lomgren on September 11, 2006, 12:53:51 PM
The brownies?  *shudders*

So what's more fair... RPS or a normal coin?  I'd think RPS would have a bit of a psychological factor involved...

I suppose... although the familiar hand at that game would likely attempt to predict the actions of their opponent to so many levels of abstraction that it would be pretty much random anyway.

Lomgren

Quote from: luiqui on September 11, 2006, 02:48:07 PM
Quote from: Lomgren on September 11, 2006, 12:53:51 PM
The brownies?  *shudders*

So what's more fair... RPS or a normal coin?  I'd think RPS would have a bit of a psychological factor involved...

I suppose... although the familiar hand at that game would likely attempt to predict the actions of their opponent to so many levels of abstraction that it would be pretty much random anyway.
That's true... unless you know the other person always has a favorite to go with.  But then I guess the person could try to trip you up and go with a different one this time...

Sid

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 11, 2006, 10:20:09 AM
Quote from: Sid on September 11, 2006, 10:16:16 AM
But if you want to be really hardcore, you play RPS-25 instead :D
*is somewhat random today*

Kasarn got there first, I'm afraid :P

*curses* That's what I get for not checking all the text links ^^;
:boogie

Zedd

ITOS

If Biggs dies will Wildy inherit his stuff?
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Falcarthum

Quote from: Gabi on September 11, 2006, 10:22:57 AM
Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on September 11, 2006, 10:11:52 AM
Paper-scissor-rock method? This must be a Canadian term. :|
The Rock-paper-scissors game is just as common in Argentina as it is in the USA and Canada... And Mexico too, I think.

oh, yes... I remember that in my childhood you had to shake your closed hand at the rythm  of the phrase: "ja gua yus pi!" [HA WA YOOS PEE] (no translation needed), opening  it in the last syllabe...

In japan is named Janken, and there is international tournaments, too!

Just see the wikipedia entry :comp

mmm... the spanish entry say that this game was created in china, played by the warlords of the Han dynasty...  :reading

"Fantasy & Reality are opposed sides of the same coin."
"Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity."

<== Yappity by Silverfox

Zedd

Quote from: Falcarthum on September 11, 2006, 04:01:52 PM
Quote from: Gabi on September 11, 2006, 10:22:57 AM
Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on September 11, 2006, 10:11:52 AM
Paper-scissor-rock method? This must be a Canadian term. :|
The Rock-paper-scissors game is just as common in Argentina as it is in the USA and Canada... And Mexico too, I think.

oh, yes... I remember that in my childhood you had to shake your closed hand at the rythm  of the phrase: "ja gua yus pi!" [HA WA YOOS PEE] (no translation needed), opening  it in the last syllabe...

In japan is named Janken, and there is international tournaments, too!

Just see the wikipedia entry :comp

mmm... the spanish entry say that this game was created in china, played by the warlords of the Han dynasty...  :reading

:tmyk

Jack McSlay

Quote from: Kasarn on September 11, 2006, 08:03:53 AM
Quote from: ShiningShadow on September 11, 2006, 07:10:29 AMYep the whole fate of the universe by a flip of a coin. Really cosmic if I see it that way. Me I prefer rock paper scissors method :meh that's me anyway......

What about dragon?!
:U that seems really insane, but it would be funny
"rock!"
"goat!"
"hey! there's no goat in this game!"

we don't use Rock-paper-scissors not coin toss around here... we use a lot the odd/even or zero/one method instead
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Aisha deCabre

Ah, Rock-Paper-Scissors...my favorite of the decision-making games.  It's also fun to use substitutes sometimes...I once tried to make up one for Fire-Grass-Water, A La Pokemon.

'Course, I like rolling dice just as well, for a more-than-one thing...

So why would Mab be trusted with the coin toss?  Unless she's the only one trustworthy enough not to use a one-sided trick coin...   :rolleyes
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Mel Dragonkitty

You don't need a trick coin. If you have good hand-eye coordination you can pick the coin out of the air with whatever side you want. In my family the coin has to be down and the person who tossed is not allowed to call first. Better yet, the coin has to hit the floor and not be taken from the air.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Lomgren

Quote from: Mel Dragonkitty on September 11, 2006, 08:53:57 PM
You don't need a trick coin. If you have good hand-eye coordination you can pick the coin out of the air with whatever side you want. In my family the coin has to be down and the person who tossed is not allowed to call first. Better yet, the coin has to hit the floor and not be taken from the air.
Even if it is spinning absurdly fast?

KarlOmega1

All I can say now is that...PYRODUCK is in da house!!! Wooooooo!!!!!
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Zedd

Wel lyou know Mab...She can be evil sometimes for a sweet gentle fairy cat..You dont wanto tick off*...    (*See note here http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_293.php )

ShiningShadow

I think Mabs really get serious if she wants. But when she throws down then that's a strip I would love to see. To literaly see the fur fly :kruger......... :mowmeep

Reese Tora

well, speaking of rock paper scissors, they could have played ro sham bo for the right to go >:3
(no, wikipedia does not contain information about ro sham bo, it sends you to rock paper scissors, try the urban dictionary)
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Aridas

I think ro sham bo actually exists as the alternate name to rock paper scissors... South Park is the farthest back thing I can remember which spawned the "alternate" game...

Reese Tora

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on September 11, 2006, 11:00:39 PM
I think ro sham bo actually exists as the alternate name to rock paper scissors... South Park is the farthest back thing I can remember which spawned the "alternate" game...

It is, but the Southpark alternate definition is the one makes my statememnt funny.  :erk
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

GabrielsThoughts

for once I have nothing to say...except this, which is really more of nothing anyway...and I doubt anyone would notice since everyone has stopped talking about the comic. :erk
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

KarlOmega1

I just thought of something...I always wondered if Pyroduck was a demon or something...
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Alondro

*Charline hmphs*  Usually when I flip for heads or tails, it actually means the use of said body parts in the flipping.   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

e_voyager

ah you reminf me of the old days. siggs. the forba me coem usined felines to flip though. i wonder why
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Lomgren

Flipping felines for heads or tails?  I don't think I like that idea...

e_voyager

eh most ot them were jerks. the few that weren't were family and had ticked me off at the time. i thin the probe whast6 they i fliped them too hign and 8 out of ten times the landed heads up
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

ShiningShadow

Really? then you are the luckiest person on the planet........ :)

Zedd

Is it always danger I smell when bettign with the lioness?

Mel Dragonkitty

Quote from: Lomgren on September 11, 2006, 09:00:18 PM
Quote from: Mel Dragonkitty on September 11, 2006, 08:53:57 PM
Even if it is spinning absurdly fast?

Normal flip with the coin rotating in the air. I guess if you got a coin flipping gun it might be safe to play against my Dad. He's in his sixties and I've never seen him miss snatching it the way he wants. He managed to teach the trick to everyone in the family but me. I have vision problems and small rapidly moving objects appear to blink in and out to me. (Dodgeballs in particular.... brrrr dodgeballs!) :boggle
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

e_voyager

don't feel so alone i can't do it either and i'm in my 20's... i think i am at last

Boog

When in doubt, a three-headed coin always wins.

luiqui

Quote from: Alondro on September 12, 2006, 12:21:42 AM
*Charline hmphs*  Usually when I flip for heads or tails, it actually means the use of said body parts in the flipping.   >:3

Not quite what you were saying, but it reminded me of this:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/36241861/?qo=7&q=by%3Atohofuhai+sort%3Atime+-in%3Ascraps