2014/02/28 [PF #304] - Soul Salad Surgery

Started by joshofspam, February 28, 2014, 01:04:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshofspam

Ohho! Seems like Daryil is really playing to the crowed here.

Sounds like Fendrick might be getting those battle droids he wanted. Just not on the terms he was hoping for. >:3
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Eboreg

Wait a sec, Daryil was supposed to be converted in that room. So now he has the cuffs off and... Daryil you magnificent bastard.

Second thing, I feel like that "fly in amber" thing is a Jurassic Park reference.

Also, I'm kind of wondering what Daryil has in store for Major Nutcase.

Finally, I have always thought that when two mind readers want to communicate with each other, they don't need to talk. Good to see that Tape is showing that aspect.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Eboreg on February 28, 2014, 11:34:48 AM
Second thing, I feel like that "fly in amber" thing is a Jurassic Park reference.

Possibly, I forget now.  I did rewrite that conversation over and over again - in the end I used the original lines from Future History.

QuoteAlso, I'm kind of wondering what Daryil has in store for Major Nutcase.
That should start to unfold around mid-May, barring some horrible catastrophe.  The arc should finish in late June.

QuoteFinally, I have always thought that when two mind readers want to communicate with each other, they don't need to talk. Good to see that Tape is showing that aspect.
It's a bit of a fiddle because you have to lower your mind-shield and stuff like that.  On the other hand, as his Tri-Wing clan leader, Daryil can download everything Niall knows anyway.

It also has the disadvantage that non-'Cubi or polite 'Cubi are cut out of the conversation.  In this instance that is deliberate, of course, since they don't want the not-dead-yet guard to overhear their plans.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Raskahn

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 28, 2014, 12:17:19 PMthe not-dead-yet guard

Now this has me wondering, which guard was kept alive?
Was it the classic "death rattle" one or, the "death by snu snu" one?

Edit:

"death rattle" guard may also be reffered to as "death by finger bang" guard.

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Lone_Wolf on February 28, 2014, 01:06:33 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on February 28, 2014, 12:17:19 PMthe not-dead-yet guard

Now this has me wondering, which guard was kept alive?
Was it the classic "death rattle" one or, the "death by snu snu" one?

Edit:

"death rattle" guard may also be reffered to as "death by finger bang" guard.

I'm betting it's the guy who wasn't bleeding out his nose.

Also, Daryil is trying to scare Wils and Tanholt? What's he playing at...

Tapewolf

Quote from: CubiKitsune on February 28, 2014, 01:21:55 PM
I'm betting it's the guy who wasn't bleeding out his nose.

That is correct.  Whatever technique Daryil used to rip the other one's soul out, it didn't do his body any good.

QuoteAlso, Daryil is trying to scare Wils and Tanholt? What's he playing at...
Fun fact:  Tanholt was really supposed to have fainted when Daryil started attacking, but I forgot to write it into the layout file I gave Merlin.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 28, 2014, 12:17:19 PM
Quote from: Eboreg on February 28, 2014, 11:34:48 AM

Possibly, I forget now.  I did rewrite that conversation over and over again - in the end I used the original lines from Future History.

Actually, I witnessed him change it many times and I was the one who suggested he keep it as "a fly in Amber" because it works on multiple levels, one level being a reference to a certain person. ;)

Icon by Sunblink