2014/02/14 [PF #302] - Their ass: grass. Daryil: weedwhacker

Started by Eboreg, February 14, 2014, 09:41:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eboreg

Hoo, boy. I do believe that those foxies are in a lot of trouble now. However, given Daryil's recent antics and the way that tri-wings work I believe he just did this as a form of psychological warfare. No need to smack people down when you just made it clear that you can smack them down.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

joshofspam

I don't know what Daryil would do with them either.

They still are threats overall, but how would Daryil deal with the threats? We know though he doesn't like killing, he doesn't condemn it either if it's necessary or in self defense. Not to mention what we've seen of them thus far is rather sad in a sort of way.

Waiting to see what card Daryil will play this time.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Just for fun, since it's Valentine's Day:

...what's actually going to happen is liable to be far, far less pleasant.

In other news, I commissioned a chibi of one of the fox guards from Merlin, which turned out quite nicely:
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/12743574/

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Raskahn

Aww, "...what's actually going to happen is liable to be far, far less pleasant."
Can't we just..you know.. leave it at tri-wing non consensual smoochies?

I mean...they ARE twins for Daryil's sake.

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 14, 2014, 11:14:08 AM
Just for fun, since it's Valentine's Day:

...what's actually going to happen is liable to be far, far less pleasant.
xD Whatever happens, you just know that's what's going on in Daryil's head.

Madmann135

I seriously doubt that Daryil needed to break those cuffs, he could have done that for simple psychological warfare, to show them just how powerless they are.
I mean he's a demigod and the form he is in (conically speaking) is an avatar, capturing an avatar is the same as capturing a (marvel) life model decoy.

Still all warfare is first won in the mind first and Daryil is surprisingly good at winning the first battle.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Aurik Marr

We are forgetting that his eyes turned red. That never bodes well. My money is on daryil going completely psycho on them, then regretting it later.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Aurik Marr on February 14, 2014, 09:07:37 PM
We are forgetting that his eyes turned red. That never bodes well. My money is on daryil going completely psycho on them, then regretting it later.

I disagree. Not with the boding poorly - I'm all on your side with that. I disagree that the intended image is that his eyes turned red. I think they narrowed, sure, which implies concentration, but the grin suggests that he's really not all that upset. I mean, they haven't really done anything to anyone other than themselves, yet, have they? They've upset a bunch of people, but he does that all the time; they intend to kill everyone, but again, they haven't got there yet.

As long as they don't get there, who cares? Certainly not Daryil.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aurik Marr on February 14, 2014, 09:07:37 PM

That panel was based on one from this filler comic:
http://www.dhscomix.com/comics/comic.php?v=26&p=Bonus2
...after she drew that, I knew we needed the same expression for this bit.

AmigaDragon

"Darren"? Does he not really know who Daryil is or is he just bad with names?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

ZacAttac21

Quote from: AmigaDragon on February 15, 2014, 10:11:15 PM
Pretty sure he just doesn't know Daryil. Can't say I blame him; heck, I mispronounced Daryil's name for a few weeks myself.

Raskahn

Quote from: Raxuno on February 15, 2014, 11:36:12 PM
Pretty sure he just doesn't know Daryil. Can't say I blame him; heck, I mispronounced Daryil's name for a few weeks myself.

I presumed the "Y" is silent.

Merlin

Quote from: Lone_Wolf on February 16, 2014, 06:04:45 PM
Quote from: Raxuno on February 15, 2014, 11:36:12 PM

I presumed the "Y" is silent.

I think it's pronounced "Dazza" <\australian>

Tapewolf

llearch n'n'daCorna

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 15, 2014, 05:49:16 AM
That panel was based on one from this filler comic:
http://www.dhscomix.com/comics/comic.php?v=26&p=Bonus2
...after she drew that, I knew we needed the same expression for this bit.
*Reads the fourth panel* Wait, that's a sunflower? I always thought it was a giant cheeseburger. :B

Tapewolf

Quote from: Raxuno on February 18, 2014, 03:35:26 AM
*Reads the fourth panel* Wait, that's a sunflower? I always thought it was a giant cheeseburger. :B

After we drew Daryil doing that in the first arc, just as I was about to upload the thing, I did a search and found that sunflower heads are actually eaten as a snack in China.  I was not happy.

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 18, 2014, 04:16:11 AM

After we drew Daryil doing that in the first arc, just as I was about to upload the thing, I did a search and found that sunflower heads are actually eaten as a snack in China.  I was not happy.
xD Where did the sunflower idea come from in the first place?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 18, 2014, 04:16:11 AM

FWIW, I expect that the seeds are eaten, not the rest of the head. Plus I don't see Daryil as an omnivore - his teeth are all wrong for it. Hence him eating sunflower seeds is all wrong anyway...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Raxuno on February 18, 2014, 05:31:55 AM
xD Where did the sunflower idea come from in the first place?

I'm not sure, actually.  It might even have been Ren's idea, though I have a vague memory of suggesting Daryil was doing something weird like eating a flower.
It's not in the original text version of the script doesn't have it, and I'm not sure the original layout file with instructions still exists.