Moving! (Finally)

Started by Shax, January 20, 2014, 01:06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shax

Well, its time for take 2 on me moving... Last time, it didn't work out... Some of my roommates were psychos, and one of them tried to kill me. But at least this time I'll be with close friends.

My planned move is about the mid of March of this year. I have some obligations to finish here first, plus I want to be here for my sister's 1-year anniversary of that horrid car crash on Feb 12th of last year...

I'll be moving to Greyslake, Illinois which is only about 3 hours away from where I currently live. And this move will be a great change for me too.

Currently I'm just trying to keep working with what I got and earn some money with my horrid job I have (Meijer's sucks by the way, don't ever work there!) working about 2 days a week, so about 12 hours a week at the minimum of $7.40 an hour. After adding in costs of living here right now plus what I owe for bills I only get about 20 a week for myself for good/gas. I still need to invest in getting a hitch installed onto my car.

Otherwise, with this move, my future is starting to look a little bit brighter, and has even lifted my spirits, even if slightly, for the first time in a very long time.

Qilby

I absolutely detest moving, but I can see how it would be a very positive thing for you. So, don't keep us waiting, how did it go? Are things better or getting there?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Qilby on February 26, 2014, 05:41:17 PM
I absolutely detest moving, but I can see how it would be a very positive thing for you. So, don't keep us waiting, how did it go? Are things better or getting there?

... Did you not read the post? He said March. Middle of March. So... he won't be moving for at least three weeks, by my count.

Little bit early to be asking how it went, I think.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Qilby

Ah, I thought I was replying to a (sadly) dead thread! I actually skipped that second bit and then went back to look for a date and only saw February the 12th, but that was for the accident last year. Here's hoping it all turns out, then!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Qilby on February 27, 2014, 12:33:26 AM
Ah, I thought I was replying to a (sadly) dead thread! I actually skipped that second bit and then went back to look for a date and only saw February the 12th, but that was for the accident last year. Here's hoping it all turns out, then!

You were. It's been more than a month with no conversation.

Qilby

Indeed, and I felt as though such a life-changing event needed some support. Sorry to jump the gun, Shax! You'll have to give us all an update after the stress is gone.

Shax

Will do. But most of the stress is gone as I have already quit working at the tyrant that's Meiji's.

Shax

Well, tomorrow is the big day... Nervous as hell for the long drive ahead of me x.x

llearch n'n'daCorna

Sprocketsdance

You'll do great! Just don't stop in Gary, Indiana ;)

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

joshofspam

Best wishes for success!
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Brunhidden

enjoy march flatlander! may your storage bins empty swiftly
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Shax

Well I made it here alright. Its a nice place. Funny enough my room is the exact same layout as my old room back home. XD

llearch n'n'daCorna

Heh. You feel right at home as a result?

Qilby

Sofox

Great stuff with the move, hope things go brilliantly for you from now on.