trying to figure out what a song is

Started by Kitsune Ascendant, September 06, 2006, 04:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune Ascendant

I can't remember much about it, at the moment. no lyrics. here's what I DO remember:

it's by Y.O.U. (I'm pretty sure it is)

the music video (well, the one they were showing at century theatres a few months ago) had four (again, I think) guys, and at least one had a flashlight, and it was in a moon-like place, and about half way through the song they wake up a giant robot (or something like that).

it's rather slow (I'd say around 1.5 beats per second)

it's got this part that repeats a fair amount. if you were to start at c, it would be "CCA-G-E-D-CDE-A(below the inital C)". in fact, I've had that one part stuck in my head on and off for months, which is kinda driving me crazy. but I remember that I rather liked the song.

so yeah. sorry 'bout the lack of info, and I hope there's someone out there who can help.
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

mini-lion

that my friend sounds like the band Coldplay and their song Talk

though there video may be a rip of the song your thinking of

llearch n'n'daCorna

The Police play a song called "Walking On The Moon" - that's not the one you have in mind, however, I think.

I think.

I can't say I've heard of Y.O.U. before. Probably heard some of their music, but wouldn't recognise it from a list... :-/
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Leafar

Kitsune Ascendant

Quote from: mini-lion on September 06, 2006, 04:53:49 PM
that my friend sounds like the band Coldplay and their song Talk

though there video may be a rip of the song your thinking of

mini-lion, you are indeed correct. I checked the lyrics, and they're ringing several bells, blowing a few horns, and the little klaxon is going off in my head. that is indeed the song. thanks.

new question. is this particular song a good example of their style?
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

mini-lion

it is indeed, there x&y album is very much to that style, with songs like fix you and speed of sound. Plus if you do like this type of music their older albums are worth a listen along with the band U2 who sound very similar.

A good choice of music i must say