2014/01/22 [DMFA #1457] Further Down the Rabbit Hole

Started by Lorien077, January 23, 2014, 01:25:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorien077

Sure didn't expect this from Cyra and Biggs.   Does anyone else think the end goal may be to incite some sort of large scale war?  Jyrras being in that folder not only makes me worry (yikes not Jy-squeak!) but might further support that conclusion.  (What with the creature council's interest in him)

Apologies if I've derped. :B
You have my permission not to love me; I am a cathedral of deadbolts and I'd rather burn myself down than change the locks.

My scribbles: http://lorien077.deviantart.com/

joshofspam

Quote from: Lorien077 on January 23, 2014, 01:25:07 AM
Sure didn't expect this from Cyra and Biggs.   Does anyone else think the end goal may be to incite some sort of large scale war?  Jyrras being in that folder not only makes me worry (yikes not Jy-squeak!) but might further support that conclusion.  (What with the creature council's interest in him)

Apologies if I've derped. :B
Well to be fair, a few seem to have interest with Jyrras.

But it doesn't seem like that went anywhere much after Kria was snooping around. It does make you wonder just how much Biggs and Dee know about Jyrras?

Because ultimately that would decide what part in their plans Jyrras serves in them. An obstacle. A threat. Or a potential resource.
Even a distraction if you consider the wide ranging political fallout Deebs and Macey would bring if discovered by the outside world.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

HaDDea

Crap, it was Biggs who ordered the hit??!! And is it just me, or does Destania seem... less than enthused about the whole thing? Jyrras needs some Fae bangles really badly right about now, before phase 3 begins in earnest  :<

Hm - I wonder who actually carried the hit out - it can't have been easy.

Mermidion

Gee. i really don't know but i kind of get the feeling that maybe...and i say maybe,  Biggs could be a bad guy.  :mwaha

ZacAttac21

Quote from: HaDDea on January 23, 2014, 02:07:59 AM
Crap, it was Biggs who ordered the hit??!! And is it just me, or does Destania seem... less than enthused about the whole thing? Jyrras needs some Fae bangles really badly right about now, before phase 3 begins in earnest  :<

Hm - I wonder who actually carried the hit out - it can't have been easy.
I dunno, she looks pretty happy to me. As for the hitman, from analyzing their signature, I'd say the first letter of their name is either "F," "H," "P" or "R."

Hey, wait... My character's name starts with an "R," and he's powerful enough to take on a tri-wing, isn't exactly fond of the dragons, and is allied with Taun, who seems to have something against Owona...

...Egads... It couldn't have been... It must have been... PIP!!! :U

Lorien077

Quote from: joshofspam on January 23, 2014, 01:54:34 AM
Well to be fair, a few seem to have interest with Jyrras.

But it doesn't seem like that went anywhere much after Kria was snooping around. It does make you wonder just how much Biggs and Dee know about Jyrras?

Because ultimately that would decide what part in their plans Jyrras serves in them. An obstacle. A threat. Or a potential resource.
Even a distraction if you consider the wide ranging political fallout Deebs and Macey would bring if discovered by the outside world.

I suspect Dee (whom I mistakenly called Cyra, I meant Destania >_< ) probably knows a fair bit; seems like she's been spending quite some time scheming and spying.  Or maybe its just that Biggs keeps track of Wildy and any friends of hers?  In any case I doubt he's the next planned hit, can't see a purpose it would serve them.  Like you said he'd be too good of a resource or distraction.  But I doubt its going to end well for Jyrras if he does get dragged into this.
You have my permission not to love me; I am a cathedral of deadbolts and I'd rather burn myself down than change the locks.

My scribbles: http://lorien077.deviantart.com/

Tapewolf

Two immediate possibilities spring to mind: One, that they're trying to frame Hizell, as Lorien hinted at.
But it's also possible that their anti-dragon plan requires vast amounts of energy, and Owona just provided it in a fairly terminal fashion.

There is also an outside chance that Dee wants to ascend using Owona's soul, but I'm not convinced - for one, it would have been more sensible to have done the hit herself so that she could do it there and then, and secondly, her clan would consist entirely of Dan, and she seems to be treating him far too much as a disposable resource for that to make any sense.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Howl

I'm not a hundred percent that Biggs means to call a whack on Jyrras. He probably has a clue that Wildy is fond of the little pipsqueak (as a sort of chew toy, granted, but still), and considering a discussion he's had with Dee, messing with him would probably be too close to stepping on Wildy's toes to do it.

Maybe Biggs is in the closet, I don't know.

HaDDea

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 23, 2014, 03:42:47 AM
Two immediate possibilities spring to mind: One, that they're trying to frame Hizell, as Lorien hinted at.

Perhaps then we've also found our mystery anti-cubi cult? Biggs and Dee putting hits out on 'cubi to make them nervous and jittery around dragons and thus more amenable to going to war against them?

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 23, 2014, 03:42:47 AM
But it's also possible that their anti-dragon plan requires vast amounts of energy, and Owona just provided it in a fairly terminal fashion.

That might explain why Biggs talks about his "star" - though I suppose it could also just be a figure of speech. 18k years of existence from a highly magical creature ought to provide a fair chunk of magical energy for.... something.

... Jyrras doesn't have any prototype massive energy canons or gundam suits with magical world-destroying lasers, does he  :eek

(imagines Dimanika swallowing an actual star then saying "that's a spicy meatball!", and achieving tri-wing status with a belch)

MT Hazard

"Hey Dest? You know that plan to save the cubi race by destroying the dragon race? Pretty sure that killing off one of the few remaining clan leaders is a bad idea."
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Stilghar

What the squirreling hork?

And to think for a while there I actually almost somewhat liked Biggs...
"For a man to help others with all his gifts and native strength: that is the noblest work."
-Sophocles

Prroul

Just a weird, random idea here...

What is Des's goal, why is she doing this? Why hasn't she followed the rest of the clan? What is keeping her driving on?

My guess? Dan.

Look, she may be a crazy psycho, but she's also a mother. And while there was a statement concerning bowling balls that still makes me squick out from time to time, generally it -does- mean something. Of course, given Des's world-view, she's probably going at it in a somewhat... warped... way.

Basically, she wants to make the world safe for her boy. And so she's doing it by eliminating everything she considers a threat to Dan. Even if she has to bathe the world in a river of blood to do it.

I suddenly have this creepy image of a blood-covered Destania reaching out to Dan murmuring something like "There, dearie... nothing's going to harm you, not while I'm around." (cue Sweeny Tod musical cutscene). With that creepy psycho-chick supposedly-soothing voice.

Just a thought...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Prroul on January 23, 2014, 09:58:57 AM
Look, she may be a crazy psycho, but she's also a mother. And while there was a statement concerning bowling balls that still makes me squick out from time to time, generally it -does- mean something. Of course, given Des's world-view, she's probably going at it in a somewhat... warped... way.

Basically, she wants to make the world safe for her boy. And so she's doing it by eliminating everything she considers a threat to Dan. Even if she has to bathe the world in a river of blood to do it.

That would make sense, except that she:
*Knowingly sent him to take on Dark Pegasus in an encounter that would have killed him if not for Lorenda
*Sent a group of people to kill the man she knew was assigned as his protector, with total disregard for his friends - and Alexsi
*Didn't actually tell him to keep the hell away from dragons - he has bumbled into at least two that we know of already

I'd love to be proved wrong, but Zezzuva's remark that Dan is some kind of pawn created as an expendable tool seems to be the more likely explanation.

katasev

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 23, 2014, 10:09:10 AM
Quote from: Prroul on January 23, 2014, 09:58:57 AM

That would make sense, except that she:
*Knowingly sent him to take on Dark Pegasus in an encounter that would have killed him if not for Lorenda
*Sent a group of people to kill the man she knew was assigned as his protector, with total disregard for his friends - and Alexsi
*Didn't actually tell him to keep the hell away from dragons - he has bumbled into at least two that we know of already

I'd love to be proved wrong, but Zezzuva's remark that Dan is some kind of pawn created as an expendable tool seems to be the more likely explanation.

Actually all of the above makes me draw a few interesting parallels to the comic El Goonish Shive... (spoilers if you've never read it):
Pitting your son aganist an overpowered opponent to teach him a lesson...
I will destroy this world and replace it with one built just for you!

Also:
-- She did send him to DP's house, but teeechnically, she might have just been sending him to establish good relations with Kria Soulstealer via check or money order. The only reason DP got finished being revived was because Regina did the deed. Dee might not have known she was there, or she did and might have thought that her baby boy(now that he's come into his Cubi heritage) could easily destroy her (forgetting that he's still basically a baby in Cubi years and nowhere near as strong as she is). In her eyes, she practically gift-wrapped a revenge vow fulfillment for him and he blew it.

-- Disregard for his friends and the dragon-compromised Alexsi, sure, but she knew Dan was at the Academy. Perhaps she figured it'd be better to remove Abel before his weakness (as she would see his refusal to kill his father) infected Dan, so maybe he could get a more suitable guide to all things Cubi. She does, after all, consider him a ((warning: Abel's Story link)) weak, worthless worm and she certainly didn't seem to mind (or at least never stuck her fingers in) when Aaryanna, former teacher's pet and current head of the torture pain department, was hanging around Lost Lake.

-- The dragon thing might just be an oversight, but it probably wasn't really that big of a deal before Dan came into his Cubi heritage - without headwings, most folk seemed to just mistake him as having Angel blood in him. Being as Dan is literally one of two remaining Cyran cubi and the only one not in a controlled, protected territory, before he got his mark / headwings it would be like finding a needle in a field of haystacks to pick him out.

Tuyu

Quote from: MT Hazard on January 23, 2014, 07:19:32 AM
"Hey Dest? You know that plan to save the cubi race by destroying the dragon race? Pretty sure that killing off one of the few remaining clan leaders is a bad idea."
"Especially one of the ones that'd be good in a fight."

katasev

Quote from: HaDDea on January 23, 2014, 05:57:13 AM
(imagines Dimanika swallowing an actual star then saying "that's a spicy meatball!", and achieving tri-wing status with a belch)

*cough* That may be more likely than you think.  :mowwink

Tapewolf

Quote from: katasev on January 23, 2014, 11:32:29 AM
Also:
-- She did send him to DP's house, but teeechnically, she might have just been sending him to establish good relations with Kria Soulstealer via check or money order. The only reason DP got finished being revived was because Regina did the deed. Dee might not have known she was there, or she did and might have thought that her baby boy(now that he's come into his Cubi heritage) could easily destroy her (forgetting that he's still basically a baby in Cubi years and nowhere near as strong as she is). In her eyes, she practically gift-wrapped a revenge vow fulfillment for him and he blew it.

I considered that, what gives me doubts is the flip reply to Dan's "And what happens if I fail, and die?" question.  Granted she was pretending to be Biggs, but it doesn't sound like someone wrapping their child in cotton wool (i.e. the prospect of Dee finding out 'he' sent Dan to his death and destroying him utterly should have scared the pants off him).    In fact, if she doted on Dan and wanted him to survive at all costs, she'd probably have stopped him becoming an adventurer in the first place...

Again, I'd like to believe Destania cares for Dan, but at this point I have grave doubts about it.

katasev

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 23, 2014, 12:11:35 PM

I considered that, what gives me doubts is the flip reply to Dan's "And what happens if I fail, and die?" question.  Granted she was pretending to be Biggs, but it doesn't sound like someone wrapping their child in cotton wool (i.e. the prospect of Dee finding out 'he' sent Dan to his death and destroying him utterly should have scared the pants off him).    In fact, if she doted on Dan and wanted him to survive at all costs, she'd probably have stopped him becoming an adventurer in the first place...

Again, I'd like to believe Destania cares for Dan, but at this point I have grave doubts about it.

She was being very, very in character though. And her response to Biggs - "I have to leave some clues!" indicates that she never had any real worries about Dan's survival rate. No sense "leaving clues" to only one someone who may or may not end up dead via an adventure you just sent them on.

Cotton wrapping was never Dee's thing anyway. More like barbed wire blankets. D: I'm sure she really does want him to survive, but she also wants him to be strong, and if he isn't strong enough to handle what she throws at him then he certainly won't be strong enough to survive whatever her scheme against the dragons is...

seikueon

Technically, I feel this is somehow Bigg's plan.  Since the re-mention of "his star" that Dee's "hitched" herself to.

I think Biggs has some sort of plan and Dee's offering her helpful suggestions of the people that are in her way that somehow help him out too.

Zebra Bug

Oh, I'm sure Dee DOES want Dan to survive. But out of motherly affection? I doubt that oh so much. Very much. Sure most women have deep connections to children they birth, but not every woman does. Look out in the real world, there are women who abuse/neglect their children for numerous reasons, some maybe understandable (they were abused, they are mentally ill, they just don't know better), some not so much. Some women abandon their babies. Not every woman magically becomes a 'mother' just by giving birth. Thankfully, most do; but it is not absolute. And so, it is fairly possible that if Dan showed the slightest inkling of Dragon-friendship, or found out Pryoduck was a Dragon, and allied with him, that she would try and have him assassinated too. After all, she could always have more children. *stops to think*...with Biggs?  :erk

I may be wrong. Dee has been warm with Dan, affectionate. She might love him. She probably does. But that doesn't mean she won't use him to her own ends, and discard him when she is done. Or maybe plot-twists are winding up and it turns out Dee is under mind-control or something.

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

joshofspam

My guess would be that Dee would have quite a bit of contradictory views on people and goals.

She seems to balance her objectives, vengeance and family rather unsteadily with one another and can over react when one overlaps the other and she believes she must take action.

Oddly enough, I think Biggs adds a counter balance to all that unleveled headed responses that Dee would normally get herself into if it was just herself. I'm actually really wondering about Biggs now, either he or someone the he employed had to have incredible skill and power not only to track down that clan leader, but also kill them. It really shows a certain level of competence and danger that Biggs can have. I almost want to think that Biggs also did that to remind her of who she's working with and not to have another slip up like she did going after Abel.

MT Hazard

I've looked back at the archive and I've come to the conclusion than Dan's neck is slowly getting longer.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

joshofspam

Quote from: seikueon on January 23, 2014, 12:23:56 PM
Technically, I feel this is somehow Bigg's plan.  Since the re-mention of "his star" that Dee's "hitched" herself to.

I think Biggs has some sort of plan and Dee's offering her helpful suggestions of the people that are in her way that somehow help him out too.
I find it interesting how he often uses that word in his plans.

A Star? A possible performance? Who is the lead actor in this production that Biggs is setting up. It certainly sounds like Biggs shares her overall objectives. But he sounded certain that him and Destania would have a falling out at some point. But who could have the ulterior motive then?

Tuyu

Quote from: MT Hazard on January 23, 2014, 06:28:56 PM
I've looked back at the archive and I've come to the conclusion than Dan's neck is slowly getting longer.
Biggs' too.

Two years from now, everyone looks like Quill...and Quill looks like... ;)

Prroul

Quote from: Zebra Bug on January 23, 2014, 02:06:17 PMAfter all, she could always have more children. *stops to think*...with Biggs?  :erk
The quote that launched a thousand 'ships...