2013/12/11 [DMFA #1450] Gravity vs Mab.

Started by Howl, December 11, 2013, 04:00:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howl

It's a two on two, Alexsi and Gravity vs Mab and Pip. Maybe mister Bard will go out and throw down Magic Strings or an Impressive Rift to speed things along.

Farry

*cough* per se *cough*

Grammar Nazi here, passing through.

Naldru

I acutally wrote the note below before I saw the comment at the bottom of the strip.

I am also reminded of the sheriff who was having coffee at his campfire while a fellow was sneaking up.  Without looking up, the sheriff said "Don't know who you are, but you would probably be more comfortable down here having some coffee."  Amazed, the fellow stood up and joined the sheriff, asking how he had known he was there.  "Simple," the sheriff responded, "I always say that when I'm having coffee at the campfire.  If somebody responds, I know somebody is there."  It could be that wily Wildy says that to everyone so that she can see their reaction.  Therefore, not only will the statement be correct some day, the reaction of the other individual would tell Wildy whether it is correct in that specific instance.

How many strangers have we seen approaching or entering the inn without having secrets that will complicate the lives of the locals.  In that case, Wildy's statement would simply be an accurate statement based on experience.

Pip was sitting on Mab's shoulders.  (Comment to the reply following this reply.)
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Kuzma Volkov

We haven't seen pip for awhile. It's like a kid that goes silent, I fear for our bards fingers.

-AndroidVolkov

thegayhare

Hmmm thats odd

in a mab vs gravity fight I'd have had my 10 bucks on mab for the win

Prroul

Quote from: Kuzma Volkov on December 11, 2013, 10:58:31 AM
We haven't seen pip for awhile. It's like a kid that goes silent, I fear for our bards fingers.

-AndroidVolkov
Sure we have, he's in the background of the third panel, wrapped up with Mab and plummeting on top of Alexi. You can see his wings and tail clearly in the window.

A couple of other witty sayings that might also have relevance:

"A broken clock is still correct at least twice a day." and "The fact that I am paranoid does not necessarily mean the world isn't out to get me."

I will say that Gravity certainly isn't helping Alexi any... I don't think it is Alexi and Gravity vs Pip and Mab, I think it's more along the lines of a free-for-all brawl.

thegayhare

well what ever the alliances it certainly seems like gravity is the one with the upper hand at this moment

ZacAttac21

Quote from: thegayhare on December 11, 2013, 11:05:12 AM
Hmmm thats odd

in a mab vs gravity fight I'd have had my 10 bucks on mab for the win
Looks to me like Alexsi is the one who lost here.

ArchTeryx

Really, this is the epitome of a Funny Background Event: it's funnier to see the Alexsi, Mab, and Minidrag Revue through the window then Wildy trying to trip up Quoar (?!) in the inn.

nichdel

For some reason, this is the first update in a long time that has reminded me of Furcadia.