2013/10/23 - [DMFA #1438] GAH! Cute and terror overload!

Started by killpurakat, October 23, 2013, 02:26:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

killpurakat

Oh dear lord! That's the most awesome cute face EVER! Well, non-face, at least... I so want a plushie of Abyss so I can squeeze it to death.  :hug

AND ZEZZUVA SMILED! THE CATACLYSM IS COMING! BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES! THIS PROMISES TO BE EPIC!!!  :mwaha

joshofspam

Quote from: killpurakat on October 23, 2013, 02:26:57 AM
Oh dear lord! That's the most awesome cute face EVER! Well, non-face, at least... I so want a plushie of Abyss so I can squeeze it to death.  :hug

AND ZEZZUVA SMILED! THE CATACLYSM IS COMING! BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES! THIS PROMISES TO BE EPIC!!!  :mwaha

Makes you wonder how Ducky, Alexsi, Destinia and all Dan's other acquaintances are going to figure into what gears are turning in Zezzuva's head?

Dan might be a little sensitive to whatever she's about to suggest.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Ganurath

Wait... How does the Anti-Creature Cult only killing a single Cubi indicate that they're actively hunting Cubi?
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ganurath on October 23, 2013, 02:57:43 AM
Wait... How does the Anti-Creature Cult only killing a single Cubi indicate that they're actively hunting Cubi?

How did you get that?  She says in the first line that there have been a number of murders.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

joshofspam

I don't think she said a single cubi death. She's saying they've only been killing cubi. If the death count is high, but only consists of cubi for a "creature hunting cult", it can't really count for a creature hate group if it only hunts down one type of creature. That's what we call a "Cubi hunting cult".

It's not surprising that a death count may be bigger for such a group then we actually have seen hinted up until now. These records could be older then how much time has passed in the main script.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Mermidion

Quote from: joshofspam on October 23, 2013, 02:56:26 AM

Dan might be a little sensitive to whatever she's about to suggest.

hmmm i kind of feeling like future predicting right now.And since what we know of the story lines in this comics so far i would say it will go like this:
The cubi clan leader will prepare for War  but will tell Dan to keep out of the whole thing and hide somewhere cause of the involvement of his mother and that he has no clan to bring into this.which will most likely piss Dan off and cause him to do something reckless.
Also i believe that Abel,Wildy and Jyrras will likely run into the mentioned anti-cubi cult very soon.

The most fun is that i am almost never right but its nice to predict what could happen every now and then.  :mowmeep

Jasae Bushae

Golly, shes enjoying a smorgasboard right now with all of that horror XD
I might be a hack writer but thats no reason not to Enjoy writing anyways
http://greenfrostfire.deviantart.com/

Wdot

While I like the Abyss face, I really like the face of Zezzuva who caused the joy of Abyss's face to radiate the cuteness. I think Zezzuva dresses up like Batman when she's required to attend Halloween parties.
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt

Tuyu

Quote from: joshofspam on October 23, 2013, 03:09:18 AM
I don't think she said a single cubi death. She's saying they've only been killing cubi. If the death count is high, but only consists of cubi for a "creature hunting cult", it can't really count for a creature hate group if it only hunts down one type of creature. That's what we call a "Cubi hunting cult".

It's not surprising that a death count may be bigger for such a group then we actually have seen hinted up until now. These records could be older then how much time has passed in the main script.
A bit confusing...

As it's written in Zezzuva's balloon, "some" deaths are due to the rise of the cult...but  the cult has killed exactly one person, and that person was a cubi.

(And it's propAganda...)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tuyu on October 23, 2013, 02:45:05 PM
As it's written in Zezzuva's balloon, "some" deaths are due to the rise of the cult...but  the cult has killed exactly one person, and that person was a cubi.

Can you point out the exact place where it says that?  What I'm reading is "their entire death count consists of only 'Cubi".  i.e. when you look at the stats, all the kills are 'Cubi

EDIT: If this is confusing people, it might be worth rewording it when the shading is completed...

Amber Williams

Please keep in mind that I sort of had to slam down the text ASAP because my computer was in the process of locking down randomly.  So this version will likely have typos and be a little bit confusing.  The full proper version will end up being a bit more sense-filled.   :cry

Tuyu

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 23, 2013, 02:48:39 PM
Quote from: Tuyu on October 23, 2013, 02:45:05 PM
As it's written in Zezzuva's balloon, "some" deaths are due to the rise of the cult...but  the cult has killed exactly one person, and that person was a cubi.

Can you point out the exact place where it says that?  What I'm reading is "their entire death count consists of only 'Cubi".  i.e. when you look at the stats, all the kills are 'Cubi

EDIT: If this is confusing people, it might be worth rewording it when the shading is completed...
My mistake; I kept reading "only cubi" as "one cubi".  :footinmouth  :doh

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tuyu on October 23, 2013, 03:42:25 PM
My mistake; I kept reading "only cubi" as "one cubi".  :footinmouth  :doh

If it makes you feel better, on Matilda #31, I initially misread the line "my sister and I tried to hide from our brother" as "my sister tried to hide from our brother" and then wondered where all the business about Matilida lying came from...

Yarott

Say, if Dan feels that he has no other choice but to join the war, only because of his mother's involvement and/or Alexsi's future with Pyroduck, then what would compose Dan's "Guerilla"? I'm sure Wildy would be enough, but if not, who else would join him on this?

Lego3400

Mab would be a very big befit if he could convince her to fight. Even more so if she used her real full self.

Starcat5

Quote from: Yarott on October 24, 2013, 09:53:51 AM
Say, if Dan feels that he has no other choice but to join the war, only because of his mother's involvement and/or Alexsi's future with Pyroduck, then what would compose Dan's "Guerilla"? I'm sure Wildy would be enough, but if not, who else would join him on this?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Recruit disenfranchised half Dragons. The upper echelon of the Dragon race looks down on anyone less than pure Dragon, so a good chunk of the mixed breed Dragons may very well be talked into staging a revolution. As an added bonus, having Dragons siding with Cubi will show the other Races that the Cubi aren't just striking back blindly, and may drum up support from other factions. And given the number of Dragons Dan has been shown to know over the course of the comic (The one he owed money to, the Amazon, and the potential Brother-in-Law), I highly suspect he'll be the one to spearhead such a movement.
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Tuyu

Quote from: Starcat5 on October 25, 2013, 01:16:10 AMI've said it before, and I'll say it again. Recruit disenfranchised half Dragons. The upper echelon of the Dragon race looks down on anyone less than pure Dragon, so a good chunk of the mixed breed Dragons may very well be talked into staging a revolution.
Are there really that many around?  I had the impression that the dragons disliked them to the point of "encouraging" them not to exist...

Starcat5

Quote from: Tuyu on October 25, 2013, 01:43:07 AM
Quote from: Starcat5 on October 25, 2013, 01:16:10 AMI've said it before, and I'll say it again. Recruit disenfranchised half Dragons. The upper echelon of the Dragon race looks down on anyone less than pure Dragon, so a good chunk of the mixed breed Dragons may very well be talked into staging a revolution.
Are there really that many around?  I had the impression that the dragons disliked them to the point of "encouraging" them not to exist...
I am not sure how you came to that conclusion. However, given that they had a talon in the end of Humanity, by extension may have gone after the Were due to being part Human, and is currently doing something to the Angels, I wouldn't put it past them.
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah