2013/09/25 [DMFA #1431] Well, if food is optional...

Started by killpurakat, September 25, 2013, 02:36:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

killpurakat

Tapewolf

I had wondered if that kind of soul-bomb was possible - interesting if it can be tuned not to affect the undead, though.  Otherwise Mehlata willl be de-souled as well.

I wonder if that kind of thing is considered cheating by the Demon creed?  It's not exactly a demonstration of strength - the only defences are to flee from it or blind luck.  It's kind of like the Furrae equivalent of WMD.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Prroul

She'd better hope it isn't flashy... this might well tip her hand if it gets caught. After all, just how many people were permitted within that room after Mehlata supposedly swept it before the meeting started? And she was also on guard while Kria was asleep.

It's like a locked room whodunit. With the chief of security as the witness within the room who was conscious at all times.

joshofspam

Oh we're learning so many interesting things about the undead's culture here.

Building codes on certain things are different an think about it.

So many other things could be too. Hospitals, beauty salons, food courts, shopping stores, housing. A whole lot of things for the living taken a different spin for how the undead live.

Oh, I'm giddy with excitement to learn more and watch the necessities of the living to possibly stop more of Mehlata plans. :boogie

Edit: Now that I give it some more thought, that sounds remarkably similar to how the dragon had the town set up to collect souls of the dying. Is that just chance or a hint of something more sinister?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 25, 2013, 03:32:37 AM
I had wondered if that kind of soul-bomb was possible - interesting if it can be tuned not to affect the undead, though.  Otherwise Mehlata willl be de-souled as well.

I have to wonder why you think it'd be tuned, and why you think Mehlata would be within a hundred feet of the room? Last we heard, she was going to "check the beach for security"...

... with a huge smirk on her face. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 25, 2013, 06:48:33 AM
I have to wonder why you think it'd be tuned, and why you think Mehlata would be within a hundred feet of the room? Last we heard, she was going to "check the beach for security"...

Because she said "All living creatures", not "everyone in the room".  Whether undead count as 'living creatures' is debatable, but my assumption was that whatever spell is being used separates the soul from the living tissue, and that undead have their souls bound to their bodies in a different, artificially-created manner (remember what it did to Devin, after all).

Also, I thought she was outside the meeting room - she's clearly not by the beach now, and she would need to be fairly close if she wants to have some idea of whether it worked or not...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Eboreg

Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 25, 2013, 07:06:40 AM

Because she said "All living creatures", not "everyone in the room".  Whether undead count as 'living creatures' is debatable, but my assumption was that whatever spell is being used separates the soul from the living tissue, and that undead have their souls bound to their bodies in a different, artificially-created manner (remember what it did to Devin, after all).

Also, I thought she was outside the meeting room - she's clearly not by the beach now, and she would need to be fairly close if she wants to have some idea of whether it worked or not...

As for your first point - fair point, you may be right.

The second - if she was outside the meeting room, she'd know that the meeting had been adjourned for a potty break, I'd have thought... Elsewhere in the building, maybe, though...

Ross

When you got to go, you got to go!  :mowhappy

As a student of history, I can't help but think of all those failed assassination attempts on Hitler during the war.  Try it in the air?  Oops, plane flew too high and ignition froze.  Try it at a dinner?  Curse you seating arraingment!  Try it in a bunker? ASGHKGFGVVYH TAAAABBBBLLLLEEEE LLEEEEGGGGGGGGG!

But with timing like hers, Kria's ability to avoid danger in the most comical fashion would make Laurel and Hardy weep at its beauty.

Wdot

If the choice is luck or skill, take luck every time. I'm so  :mowhappy glad  :mowhappy kria's dice are lucky loaded.  :mowtongue
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt

Ignuus66

Hmm, I wonder if it leaves any mark/residue on any non-biological thing, If yes, I'd say it's just like a (tiny) neutron bomb

(credit: Gabi)

joshofspam

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 25, 2013, 08:01:21 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on September 25, 2013, 07:06:40 AM

Because she said "All living creatures", not "everyone in the room".  Whether undead count as 'living creatures' is debatable, but my assumption was that whatever spell is being used separates the soul from the living tissue, and that undead have their souls bound to their bodies in a different, artificially-created manner (remember what it did to Devin, after all).

As for your first point - fair point, you may be right.

The second - if she was outside the meeting room, she'd know that the meeting had been adjourned for a potty break, I'd have thought... Elsewhere in the building, maybe, though...

Well considering what Amber has said about the technicalities of living for the Undead, I'd have to say Tape has a good point on the first one too. Besides, killing everyone in the room might be or a good percentage of the building might be considered flashy.

As for the second one, maybe an art gallery perhaps. After all being the head of security while taking an interest in Kria "safety" she'd probably use this as an alibi being out and securing all places where she would think Kria might enjoy and she can always pocket the device after she goes to investigate the crime scene.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: joshofspam on September 25, 2013, 01:40:22 PM
Well considering what Amber has said about the technicalities of living for the Undead, I'd have to say Tape has a good point on the first one too. Besides, killing everyone in the room might be or a good percentage of the building might be considered flashy.

... As opposed to blowing up the coach she was arriving in?

joshofspam

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 25, 2013, 03:23:39 PM
Quote from: joshofspam on September 25, 2013, 01:40:22 PM

... As opposed to blowing up the coach she was arriving in?

Well, a high body count can leave just as big as impression as big explosion. I mean if it kills both undead and living, it would be like her excepting a higher body count over a massive fireball spectacular. But then again, I suppose it all matters to what she considers flashy.

So........Maybe?.....She was obviously a Mythos in life, so that might range her moral compass and veiw point's a bit from are own two moral compasses and views.

ishidan

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 25, 2013, 08:01:21 AM

She's far outside the meeting room. 
As in "more than 100 feet" far.
So far, fact,  THAT she has no idea what's going on in there at the moment.
This is why she's gloating by staring at a timepiece, instead of being in the thick of the about-to-happen action.

Tuyu

I was going to say that the backdrop in the current comic looks very similar to the backdrop in comic 1412, but on second thought, I think that's just the way Amber is drawing generic "nice" building interiors. (I noticed that the meeting area of SAIA also looks the same.)

Also...

QuoteI can't believe that a thirty story building only has a single bathroom on the ground floor!
And with no window to escape through...   :P