2013/09/02 [Matilda #27] Eloquent gentleman

Started by killpurakat, September 01, 2013, 10:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

killpurakat

I can see why she agreed. That was actually quite a romantic speech from Hinchik.

Now my new question (perhaps to be answered in a distant future fund raiser) is what is the next story in the Blue Volcano Mythos mythology? Are Hinchik and Mahilta like Cain and Abel, and thus Mahilta, in the creation stories, does something to get back at his brother (and possibly Keeni)?

Zebra Bug

Oh I concur. Quite romantic indeed, also the fighting on her behalf. But I don't think it will end here. The Cain and Abel Aesop my work...but Ambaaargh loves her the plot twists. What if...I dunno, Keeni cheats on Hinchik? Or Mahilta leaves because of her, and gets hurt, and Hinchik blames Keeni...many possibilities. But the Cain/Able is most likely. Thus...we can rule it out maybe? If Hinchik found Keeni to be so previous, than woman nowadays should be treated better you'd think...unless over the centuries views shifted somewhat.

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

killpurakat

Or Keeni is considered the perfect female, and all others that followed her are not perfect and so do not have to be treated as such? From being in Catholic grade school, I recall many of the priests being more-or-less woman-haters, but speaking most highly of the Virgin Mary. Could be that sort of situation, where the mythological/historical figure is held to one set of loose standards, while the flesh-and-blood creatures are seen through a much stricter and less-forgiving lens.

Greek and Roman gods and goddesses also have this weird stigma of getting away with certain wrongful acts or behaving outside gender roles just because they were gods/goddesses and so were expected to be able to bend the rules without consequences.

And it could be, since we see Keeni agreed but we didn't actually see her speaking, that all females are just expected to blindly follow the males. Any female that doesn't either isn't a female (Matilda makes reference that her ripping her brother's arm off made the society view her as a male) or that female needs to be taught her place.

BTW, totally off topic, but I love how the males have hard, straight lines in their design while the females are all swirls and loops.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Zebra Bug on September 02, 2013, 12:16:39 AM
Oh I concur. Quite romantic indeed, also the fighting on her behalf. But I don't think it will end here. The Cain and Abel Aesop my work...but Ambaaargh loves her the plot twists.

Well, the telling of the myth ends there, according to the rant.  So if there is a twist it will have to be alluded to by the characters in the story.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Zebra Bug on September 02, 2013, 12:16:39 AM
But I don't think it will end here. The Cain and Abel Aesop my work...

I didn't think Abel was that old, is he? ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Les

Hinchik and Mahilta obviously represent the duality of the Blue Volcano Mythos Male's attitudes towards their females.  On the one thing considering them precious and beautiful and the object of their love and protection, on the other resenting their (relative) weakness and targeting them for violence.

That their society persists at all is a sign that the Hinchik half of the duality dominates more than not.. but remember...

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Ma_020.php

"Good husbands.. who will not punish you for no reason.. who will not kill you for having a daughter before a son."

Good husbands.. who will do these things, which you or I wouldn't consider 'good' not because the aren't good things but because we take them for granted as the base level assumptions for what someone will/won't do in our culture.
Long live Space Race, Long live... Molvania!

Prroul

This also somewhat explains the tendency to kill off second daughters.

Look at the story here. One woman, two men. It made the race stronger to have fewer men than women, because it gave them something to fight, to strive, to grow, to win for. If they bred enough women for every man to have one, it might go back to the old boring way of life, and we couldn't have that, now could we?

I'm not saying it is rational, but I can easily see the practice of euthanasia on female babies after the first one stemming from that sort of line of thought.