2013/08/26 [Matilda #26] That wasn't the issue I thought they'd have

Started by killpurakat, August 25, 2013, 11:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

killpurakat

I knew they were going to fight, but I figured it would be about there only being one female. Interesting indeed.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'm wondering about the coincidence between the names of Mahilta and Matilda, myself. It seems entirely too close to be coincidental, on Amabaargh's part.

Curiouser and curiouser, as Alice said...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 26, 2013, 04:34:27 AM
I'm wondering about the coincidence between the names of Mahilta and Matilda, myself. It seems entirely too close to be coincidental, on Amabaargh's part.

I had thought that she'd given herself the name Matilda after she was banished, considering that we've only seen her addressed as Kissriss.  Heh, unless females all go by a last-name basis. x3

But anyway, definitely an interesting origin story.  I've always found creation myths from any culture fascinating, as it also reveals how the culture looks at the world.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Zebra Bug

Well...that explains why women are thought of so badly...they screwed everything up. Well, their god did really, but the men won't blame their god, they'll blame women for being so weak. And yeah, I saw that coming for the most part. Stupid of their god to make only one. Was he expecting them to take her as a sister maybe? To round them out?

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

Lurkie

Quote from: Zebra Bug on August 26, 2013, 03:27:58 PM
Well...that explains why women are thought of so badly...they screwed everything up. Well, their god did really, but the men won't blame their god, they'll blame women for being so weak. And yeah, I saw that coming for the most part. Stupid of their god to make only one. Was he expecting them to take her as a sister maybe? To round them out?

I think this is a case of "Be careful what you wish for, you may get it."  Here their god had created the perfect place for his perfect people, and the ingrates weren't happy!  So instead of creating opportunities for Adventure (which I suspect is what the Boys were imagining), he creates Woman.  VoilĂ ! instant discord.  Well it's certainly not boring anymore.
|  Space   ||   Space  ||  It's Hard  ||  A Place  ||  Burma  |
|  is Big  ||  is Dark ||   to Find   ||  to Park  ||  Shave  |

Kuzma Volkov

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 26, 2013, 04:34:27 AM

You know I've never heard someone use that quote before; till you did today. Then a few hours later so did my Screen Printing Professor.

It's really weird how you hear something different or new brought up and then randomly other people also bring it up.

I know there's a psychology term for that too and it pains me that I can't remember it off hand.

HaDDea

I find it more fascinating that this is the first time the brothers have disagreed EVER, and their response to that disagreement (we don't see eye to eye? RAAAGH, IMMA KEEL U NOW). I mean - weren't there ANY incomparables in K'siss' perfect world before?

kztxl7

Quote from: Zebra Bug on August 26, 2013, 03:27:58 PM

To be honest, neither their God or Women screwed anything up in this origin story.

Just the Males being unable to settle something without fighting.