2013/08/02 [DMFA #1418] - Double, double your refreshment...

Started by killpurakat, August 02, 2013, 12:02:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

killpurakat

So, I guess she doesn't consciously make people see others.

Although now I can only imagine someone walking up to Dimanika talking to their spouse while they were thinking of their spouse and it leading to very awkward places...

Kirrin_Shadowclaw

I just wonder why Mink was thinking about a golem made of gummy worms the last time he and Dimanika met....
Ask not for whom the bell tolls, ask why is that guy holding his ears?

AmigaDragon

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

llearch n'n'daCorna

hehehe. I don't know that Mink is someone anyone should be too surprised about how he reacts to meeting them, though.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

AzureEdge

Dimanika is currently best Clan Leader. I would love to be part of her clan. Also an interesting thought I'd just have. What would happen if you took a picture of her before you made your mind actually see her as herself. Would the picture be what you saw? Would it be herself? Or would there be nothing at all?

Kirrin_Shadowclaw

Wow, that is an interesting question. One i am now pondering of.... I think i just heard my own mind snap.

HaDDea

A golem made of gummy worms? Heh, wonder how Dimanika felt about that... on one hand - candy! on the other hand... the candy is you...
Either way - it IS Mink who came up with it... so not that surprising, coming from the one with the childlike innocence.  :mowsmile

joshofspam

Gummi golem sare one of the best Golems.

Interesting to see one clan leader who isn't really trying to test Dan. Then again, when you have an ability like that, you probably don;t have to try to get interesting results.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Those not on Twitter may find this interesting: http://www.missmab.com/Derp/Prevoow.jpg
Looking at it symmetrically, most of the characters seem to pair up as friends, e.g. Wildy/Biggs, Merlitz/Aary etc.
Some of the ones on the bottom row are odd, mind - Azlan/Regina and Matilda/DP

EDIT: Back to the page at hand, I love her hand trick in the top panel.  Again, I'm wondering if this kind of effect in the wrong hands is what led Merlitz' colleagues astray with the Phoenix Oracles.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Drakkenmensch

Eboreg

Oh ... wow. We've seen a lot of pint-sizes in this comic but Dimanika is a tablespoon-size.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

InsanityRequiem

Of all the clan leaders Dan's interacted with so far(thinking maybe five or six at this point really), I have a slightly feeling that Dimanika and Dan will have the best relationship between them. I'm now imagining Dimi and Dan in a buddy cop movie together. Dimi as the silly partner to Dan as the no-nonsense one. :mowdizzy
Who is the sanest of us all? Why, the insane of course!

Wanderer

If it wasn't for the fact that this was the same person who arranged to have babies kidnapped and delivered to people who would almost certainly kill them, I would totally think she was pretty awesome by now.

joshofspam

Quote from: Wanderer on August 02, 2013, 08:20:03 PM
If it wasn't for the fact that this was the same person who arranged to have babies kidnapped and delivered to people who would almost certainly kill them, I would totally think she was pretty awesome by now.

All things considered, I wonder if they even do that anymore?

Kirrin_Shadowclaw

I would figure it's possible, what with the fear/hatred of the dragon race most cubi still have. Some would relish in the chance for some type of vengeance.

Tapewolf

Quote from: joshofspam on August 02, 2013, 09:04:54 PM

I would say not.

Clan Dimanika is one of the few clans with a strict "No Kill" policy when it comes to beings and other creatures.  This was temporarily lifted during the Dragon-Cubi war but has since been reinforced.

...I would wager that such misadventures took place only during that period.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 03, 2013, 05:52:24 AM

I would say not.

Clan Dimanika is one of the few clans with a strict "No Kill" policy when it comes to beings and other creatures.  This was temporarily lifted during the Dragon-Cubi war but has since been reinforced.

Given what Fa'Lina did with Pyroduck, I'm wondering myself if Dimanika went out of her way to find targets for this that were more likely to do unexpected things with the babies. I'm also curious as to what happened to the other four, and why - not that I expect to ever find out, of course.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

joshofspam

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 03, 2013, 05:55:13 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on August 03, 2013, 05:52:24 AM

I would say not.

Given what Fa'Lina did with Pyroduck, I'm wondering myself if Dimanika went out of her way to find targets for this that were more likely to do unexpected things with the babies. I'm also curious as to what happened to the other four, and why - not that I expect to ever find out, of course.

Judging about the one who gave Ducky to Fa'lina and said reaction to Fa'lina holding Ducky, I'd guess the reactions to getting a child of someones enemy varied and Ducky lucked out big time compared to his sibs.

Drakkenmensch

Okay, Dan saw Dimanika wearing different outfits depending on who he was thinking about, so this means that her clothes are also dependant on the viewer's thoughts.

Does this mean that Mink was thinking of Dan in a fashionable dress?

ishidan

Dan in the dress that the Dima-Destania was wearing?  Dan in the dress that Dimanika is actually wearing?  Neither?

I note that the first two options both feature cleavage-windows, but given what Dan is actually wearing (thanks to Nac'tlarn's opening salvo of a de-shirtsu.  of which I now notice that is a Clan leader who Dan has met, but who we, the readers have not seen in action...Ambaargh, you tease), that is rather a step down.

Zebra Bug

Quote from: ishidan on August 04, 2013, 03:54:12 PM
Dan in the dress that the Dima-Destania was wearing?  Dan in the dress that Dimanika is actually wearing?  Neither?

Neither.....Mink would not have been thinking about either dress.

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

Jasonrevall

Quote from: Drakkenmensch on August 04, 2013, 06:24:04 AM
Okay, Dan saw Dimanika wearing different outfits depending on who he was thinking about, so this means that her clothes are also dependant on the viewer's thoughts.

Does this mean that Mink was thinking of Dan in a fashionable dress?

Look again. The mimic Destania is wearing the same dress as Dimanika. The clothes don't change.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Kirrin_Shadowclaw

Actually, if you really look it isn't the exact same dress. Yes the style is the same but it seems the mimic Destania's dress was solid Black while Dimanika's has white around the collar and the waist/skirt area.