2013/07/22 [Matilda #21] Understanding the situation

Started by killpurakat, July 21, 2013, 11:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

killpurakat

Well, so far her bro seems like a good guy. Maybe pops was right, and some future problem accounts for the falling out between the siblings.

I hate how every page of this story is so awesome and brilliant that I want the next one immediately. :P

joshofspam

I wasn't expecting that kind of reaction from her brother from what Matilda was saying from the conversation in the boxes.

Something seems off, I just can't put my finger on it. I'm intrigued with the story thus far.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Aisha deCabre

Indeed, this page actually makes me want to like the brother.  Still, we haven't gotten much out of his personality other than that he's like a solid rock wall when being faced with threats (but seems to sulk indoors, given his present demeanor) and resents having two sisters, at least as told by Matilda.  I dare wonder if what happens in the future stems from him trying to save face with the rest of their society, as the new head-of-household after their father's death, and going overboard with it.  That can happen even to the best of anyone.

Regardless, it's all just guessing on my part and I can't wait to see what transpires.  :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

ArchTeryx

There's no reason why Matilda isn't something of an Unreliable Narrator, to use the TVTrope term.  She does have some very major biases, both in regard to her brother and in regard to the Blue Volcano Mythos society.

Perhaps what is really being shown is that Kissriss, being the "typical" Blue female, is being shown some sympathy and support from her brother (in his own reserved manner) and Matilda, being much more tomboyish, saw an entirely different side to him.

Zebra Bug

Well, I think that resentment on Heshi's part is very likely, since brothers are supposed to be allies and so he has no ally. I think Kissriss is the oldest, just from the conversations....Her father implied that he had a daughter before a son, and just from her sister's behavior I just get the feeling that Hishnai is the youngest. I am curious to why Kissriss has been gathering pink crystals for her. And I wonder if she is always tending their father. Likely, he is so old.

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

abcd_z

Quote from: ArchTeryx on July 28, 2013, 10:27:48 PM
There's no reason why Matilda isn't something of an Unreliable Narrator, to use the TVTrope term.  She does have some very major biases, both in regard to her brother and in regard to the Blue Volcano Mythos society.

Perhaps what is really being shown is that Kissriss, being the "typical" Blue female, is being shown some sympathy and support from her brother (in his own reserved manner) and Matilda, being much more tomboyish, saw an entirely different side to him.

Matilda's full name, given on the cast page, is Matilda Kissriss, so they probably aren't different people.