2013/07/05 [DMFA #1414] Well, at least its not Powerpoint...

Started by killpurakat, July 05, 2013, 01:08:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

killpurakat

Kirrin_Shadowclaw

Indeed, you could almost hear the air leaking from her mood.
Ask not for whom the bell tolls, ask why is that guy holding his ears?

joshofspam

A bit of fun on her visit and then it's back to the powerpoint meetings.

Seems like All their plans haven't gone to waste after all. :mwaha
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Anri

Bweeheehee! Last panel, Kria looks quite shark-like! X3

Prroul

Those whom the Gods would cast down, they first set on high...

Those whom would be truly bored must first have a taste of excitement...

Jasae Bushae

I might be a hack writer but thats no reason not to Enjoy writing anyways
http://greenfrostfire.deviantart.com/

Lurkie

Hah-hah!  I loved this one.  Poor Kria, I can sympathize.  So many other, more interesting things to do, and she has to sit in a very boring meeting.  Look at it this way, Kria:  It could be worse.  Worse even than a power point presentation.  (Yes, there are worse things than power point.  I've been there.  *shudder*)
|  Space   ||   Space  ||  It's Hard  ||  A Place  ||  Burma  |
|  is Big  ||  is Dark ||   to Find   ||  to Park  ||  Shave  |

MT Hazard

Quote from: Anri on July 05, 2013, 03:05:43 AM
Bweeheehee! Last panel, Kria looks quite shark-like! X3

Yep, she's doing the jaws impression again. Anyone got a good quality film poster and copy of photoshop?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Fresnor

Xan

Is it just me, or doesn't Kria look adorable in panel 2?

Lurkie

Yup, Kria's adorable.   :3

Off the top of my head, does anyone else hear Shirley Millner doing Kria's voice?  For those who don't know, Shirley Millner was the voice actress for the character Hexadecimal in the cartoon show "ReBoot".  (You can find episodes on YouTube.)

ishidan

If Kria is Hex, that would make Aliph Megabyte, wouldn't it.

You are now reading all of Dark Pegasus's lines in Megabyte's voice.

Especially, say, here:  http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_986.php

ishidan

See now you've done it.  Now I'm seeing so many other parallels between DMFA and Reboot.  

Dan = Bob, the young Adventurer/Guardian who is the nominal center of the story, but lacks experience.  Loved on by Kria/Hex, detested by Aliph/Megabyte, has some...interesting...stories about his time in the Academy.
Abel = Glitch, the master shapeshifter who saves the above on a regular basis.
Alexi = Dot, the innkeeper with the hyperspace arsenal. 
Wildy-San = Phong, the half-sized unlikely White Mage type who has been known to bust out the kung fu.
Jyrras/Deebs = Enzo/Frisket, the half-sized gadgeteer and his loyal and lovable embodiment of destruction
Lorenda = Mouse, the neon-haired, purple-eyed, fanged warrior who can dispense some southern-style wisdom when she's in a good mood...and cut you in half when she's not.
Devin = Scuzzy, loyal servant to Kria/Hex, but who knows his employer isn't quite right in the head...

They say the Ambaarrgh lives outside the Net, and inputs Games for pleasure.  No one knows for sure...

Tuyu

:heart

Someone kill her a puppy, plz?

ChaosMageX

Ahahaha, I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been waiting for the reference in the final panel. :eager I'm totally going to try to imagine Pepe speaking in a southern accent. :giggle

And what he said is interesting.  I wonder if Undead usually celebrate their death day like a second birthday, or if it's a more somber celebration, like a recreation of their wake or something.  I guess that it probably just depends on the person.

Icon by Sunblink

Lurkie

Quote from: ishidan on July 06, 2013, 12:00:49 AM
If Kria is Hex, that would make Aliph Megabyte, wouldn't it.

You are now reading all of Dark Pegasus's lines in Megabyte's voice.

Have been for some time, actually.  Tony Jay had a wonderful voice, and would have suited the Dark Pegasus right down to the ground.

Quote from: ishidan on July 06, 2013, 12:00:49 AM
Especially, say, here:  http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_986.php

Heh, that's the one that really clinches it for me.  :)

ishidan

D'ymkarra

Quote from: Lurkie on July 05, 2013, 05:22:39 PM

Off the top of my head, does anyone else hear Shirley Millner doing Kria's voice?  For those who don't know, Shirley Millner was the voice actress for the character Hexadecimal in the cartoon show "ReBoot".  (You can find episodes on YouTube.)

Ever since her first meeting with Jyrras, I've always read her in Marina Sirtis' voice (Demona from Gargoyles)..A slight accent, with plenty of sarcasm, and witty 'blonde' humor.
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: ishidan on July 06, 2013, 04:08:53 PM
For those that don't know what voice they should be hearing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2iBQBc1hOI

Thanks, I'd been wondering what that was when I saw my son watching it once. I don't think he's watched it since, though.

Good voice, mind. Just uncanny valley on the artwork.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ishidan

Quote from: D'ymkarra on July 07, 2013, 12:32:10 PM
Quote from: Lurkie on July 05, 2013, 05:22:39 PM

Ever since her first meeting with Jyrras, I've always read her in Marina Sirtis' voice (Demona from Gargoyles)..A slight accent, with plenty of sarcasm, and witty 'blonde' humor.

...still giving it to Hex.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeOpSYD2iv4

(she temporarily turns to the white/yellow scheme when she lost her powers.  It's still Hex.)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: ishidan on July 07, 2013, 06:14:55 PM

(she temporarily turns to the white/yellow scheme when she lost her powers.  It's still Hex.)

I don't think Kria sounds like that. Entirely too screechy and unpleasant, IMHO.

lilpuppy23

The name PePe sounds familiar to me from somewhere. I don't quite remember. Hmmmm......

Lurkie

The name sounded familiar to me, too.  It turns out that Jyrras once had a lab assistant named Pede.  I'm pretty sure this isn't the same guy, though: wrong fur color, wrong ears, was killed by terminal exposure to mows (instead of undead).

Xan

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 07, 2013, 06:33:00 PM
Quote from: ishidan on July 07, 2013, 06:14:55 PM

I don't think Kria sounds like that. Entirely too screechy and unpleasant, IMHO.

I agree. After hearing Tapewolf fandub of the comic I started imaging her having more of a little British accent (if that is a thing). Though, no actress comes to mind at the moment.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: lilpuppy23 on July 07, 2013, 09:28:41 PM
The name PePe sounds familiar to me from somewhere. I don't quite remember. Hmmmm......

Pepe Le Pew?

Tuyu

Quote from: ChaosMageX on July 06, 2013, 12:26:36 PM
And what he said is interesting.  I wonder if Undead usually celebrate their death day like a second birthday, or if it's a more somber celebration, like a recreation of their wake or something.  I guess that it probably just depends on the person.
Probably overthinking it but...

If zombies like Devin (with few natural memories left) are at all common, then their living birthdays wouldn't be very meaningful, even if they were known.

And since a substantial number of zombies came into existence all at once (thanks to DP), "became-a-zombie day" would be rather crowded for a lot of them--more like Independence Day than a birthday.

So their date of death could just be the anniversary they arbitrarily settled on as a day of commemoration with a more personal connection.