Intro

Started by FelixGrey_Incubi, August 20, 2013, 04:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FelixGrey_Incubi

Hello all! Hopefully, I'll be on and joining in on discussions from now on. That and I just found out that I'm part incubus...so forgive me if I get..odd...at times. 'Bye! :mowhappy

Tapewolf

Welcome aboard, don't forget to read the rules if you haven't already done so.

FWIW, that RP you posted to?  I think you're supposed to submit a character for approval in the "OOC" thread first, before jumping into the game...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

FelixGrey_Incubi

*SWEAT* SERIOUSLY? Agh...Thanks Tape...hopefully it'll be ignored and I can try again somewhere else...talk about embarrassing... :mowdizzy

Kafzeil

Not a problem. Just follow the rules and don't be afraid to ask questions. We don't bite.

Expect Boxy. Watch your hands when dealing with Boxy.
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

Tapewolf

Quote from: FelixGrey_Incubi on August 20, 2013, 07:21:01 PM
*SWEAT* SERIOUSLY? Agh...Thanks Tape...hopefully it'll be ignored and I can try again somewhere else...talk about embarrassing... :mowdizzy

If you like, I can bin the post and we can pretend it didn't happen :3

EDIT:

FYI, most RP games have two threads, IC and OOC.  'IC' - In Character - is the game itself.  'OOC' - Out Of Character - is the discussion thread for that game.  Generally you'll want to at least skim both threads first.  In particular check whether the OOC has any prerequisites for joining, e.g. "Send me a private message with your character profile and I'll approve it or suggest changes".

Most games in the RP area seem to be managed.  There were a few unmanaged or loosely managed ones, but AFAIK they tend to either fade out when people start to run out of ideas and lose interest, or someone 'muscles in' and starts leading the game.

FelixGrey_Incubi

OOOOOooooh. I'd appreciate it. Thanks again Tape! And thanks for the warning Kafzeil....I like my hands so that was a helpful tip. :mowcookie

Tapewolf

Quote from: FelixGrey_Incubi on August 20, 2013, 10:20:37 PM
OOOOOooooh. I'd appreciate it. Thanks again Tape! And thanks for the warning Kafzeil....I like my hands so that was a helpful tip. :mowcookie

Sorted.

FelixGrey_Incubi

VAE

Also, you might want to use a less lolhuge avatar . . I dunno how you managed to bypass the size limits.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

FelixGrey_Incubi

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: VAE on August 21, 2013, 03:09:42 PM
Also, you might want to use a less lolhuge avatar . . I dunno how you managed to bypass the size limits.

It depends on how you set it; the code tries to limit it, but if you play silly games, you can get around it. Also, browsers tend to cache, so if you have the file open elsewhere, the browser will cache the full-sized version, and show that instead of the limited version.

Also, if you have a rotating avatar, that'll work around it as well; the first image when you set it is what the code checks.

Having said that, there are always moderators around, who will perform a manual check by looking at it; if it's too large, we'll glare and grumble, as per the rules. And then things get all awkward and stuff, and people get upset, and it's nothing but work work work. And we don't want that. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

joshofspam

Well welcome to the forum.

Hope you enjoy the stay. :)
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.