My new Castlevania YouTube video

Started by Melanicus, May 20, 2013, 01:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melanicus

Check out my new YouTube video, a tribute to Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 1 and 2, and Viva la Vida by Coldplay:

Viva la Castlevania

Hope you like it. ^_^

Darkmoon

So, you took, what trailers or cut scenes for Castlevania Lord of Shadows and just layered a Coldplay song over them? I fail to see the connection between the footage and the video, nor does it appear that the footage has any pacing to synch up with the music.

It just seems like you liked the Coldplay song and haphazardly stitched some Castlevania footage together.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Melanicus

Well, I saw lots of connections when I made the video:

"I used to rule the world..." with Dracula surveying the landscape from his balcony.

"..now in the morning I sleep alone, sweep the streets I used to own.." while he's on the street, stripped of his old powers.

"...feel the fear in my enemies eyes" while a brotherhood soldier is crawling away in terror.

"...now the old king is dead, long live the king.." while Gabriel/ soon to be Dracula is killing Satan

"..one minute I held the key.." with Gabriel picking up the God Mask

"..my castles stand, on pillars of salt and pillars of sand.." while Dracula's Castle is collapsing

"...it was the wicked and wild wind, blew down the doors to let me in... while the brotherhood soldiers are being knocked down from the blast while Dracula is grabbing the cross.

"...shattered windows and the sound of drums..." while  Zobek knocks  Dracula through the stained glass window

"...people couldn't believe what I'd become..." with flashing between Dracula and how he used to be (Gabriel)

"..revolutionaries wait..." with brotherhood soldiers storming the castle

"...just a puppet on a lonely string..." while Zobek makes Gabriel kill Marie using the Devil Mask

I guess you didn't pick up on them, but they were very meaningful to me.

Darkmoon

Great, but it doesn't come across in the video. Aside from the fact that the sound (even if not the meaning) of the song was very upbeat, and the footage used was anything but, the rhythm of the song doesn't match the footage you cobbled together. There's no pacing, no style. There might be a cognitive substance to the song (for you), but as a watcher it came across (to me) as a boring fanvid with little connection between content and source.

Also, Coldplay kinda sucks.,

Shax

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Darkmoon on May 21, 2013, 12:10:55 PM
Also, Coldplay kinda sucks.,

Well, there's an objective comment. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon