2013/05/31 [DMFA #1405]: Intel of somewhat importance

Started by killpurakat, May 30, 2013, 11:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

killpurakat

I can guess what (who) the two cubi are talking about.

My only question is how someone bribed a Warp Aci to do something as serious as gathering intel in the first place? And what did they promise the Warp Aci that would be enough to keep it from attending a box party?

Actually, why the heck don't people throw box parties?!? That sounds awesome!

Sunblink

I'm loving these diplomats' designs. I really hope we see Seme soon.

Quote from: killpurakat on May 30, 2013, 11:01:32 PMMy only question is how someone bribed a Warp Aci to do something as serious as gathering intel in the first place? And what did they promise the Warp Aci that would be enough to keep it from attending a box party?

Probably chocolate bars.

Ganurath

NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Madd the Sane

Quote from: Ganurath on May 31, 2013, 12:19:36 AM
So... Dan and Abel are stepbrothers, then?
I'm sure that that theory has been put to rest...

Fa'Lina is more likely protecting Abel, as she is aware that Abel's clan, and thus Abel, still has enemies.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Jasae Bushae

Which clan symbol is that on red warp aci? i thought to check the clan leader list but it didnt look like any of them offhand to me
I might be a hack writer but thats no reason not to Enjoy writing anyways
http://greenfrostfire.deviantart.com/

Wanderer

Quote from: Jasae Bushae on May 31, 2013, 12:38:45 AM
Which clan symbol is that on red warp aci? i thought to check the clan leader list but it didnt look like any of them offhand to me

Doesn't seem to match any of the clans with active leaders, which means it could be anyone.

mithril

someone sent a Warp Aci to act as a spy. really.  :erk

...this begs the question of just what that person is using the space between their ears for, since it obviously couldn't be for brains.  :rolleyes

i could see sending a junior member of their own clan there, and telling them to keep an ear open. i could see using magic to make some sort of recording amulet or something. but a Warp Aci?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: killpurakat on May 30, 2013, 11:01:32 PM
Actually, why the heck don't people throw box parties?!? That sounds awesome!

I have no idea. I stopped getting any invitations after, y'know, the incident. Probably unrelated, tho.

Probably.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

D'ymkarra

This begs the question though: Seme and Siar were once lovers, but beyond reminiscing with Abel, what does she want with one of the last members of her clan?
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: D'ymkarra on May 31, 2013, 10:53:02 AM
This begs the question though: Seme and Siar were once lovers, but beyond reminiscing with Abel, what does she want with one of the last members of her clan?

Seme might want to offer Abel the same sort of invite that she offered the other couple, way back when. Of course, there's no real way of doing that without finding someone to have a child with, and given Abel has said he wants to punch himself in the face, the chances of him letting someone else get close enough to spawn him a child are pretty slim.[1]

So, given one would presume Seme isn't totally thick (on grounds of you don't get that much power, nor keep it for centuries, either, by mistake), one wonders if someone somewhere has taken Seme saying "if you see him, pass him my greetings" for "hunt him down and make sure you tell him or I'll kill you" - paraphrasing a little, perhaps.

The other option is that she wants to let him know she's available to help him, should he wish. Of course, since he doesn't want to remain in contact with anyone, that does make it a little tricky for her... ;-]

Ah, thoughts thoughts thoughts. Always interesting to see where they go. ;-]

Edit:
[1] And, of course, if he had a child with a Seme Cubi, it'd be a Seme child, not Siar. Not sure how he feels about that, too.

LoneHowler

Well there are many possibilities to whom they are talking about http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Ab_056.php and the next page after they talked about Siars surviving clan. Sel and her son converted to another clan so the unnamed son is a possibility. And there is a unnamed individual that remains. Aniz and one other cubi were the two surviving members of the clan. I'm placing my bets on Mr. Unnamed
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

joshofspam

Quote from: D'ymkarra on May 31, 2013, 10:53:02 AM

I would guess that under the circumstances of the relationship between Seme and Siar, Seme might have an extended form of parental attachment to all of Siar's children.

As it seems like Seme had a huge reaction to Siar being slayed and the possibility that she wasn't there to help Siar, Seme may also have a certain amount of guilt to the whole situation and sees it as a priority to make sure some of Siar's legacy be insured through either adopting them into her clan or making sure those few (One) are safe.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Ganurath

Quote from: Madd the Sane on May 31, 2013, 12:37:17 AM

Fa'Lina is more likely protecting Abel, as she is aware that Abel's clan, and thus Abel, still has enemies.
Two Three problems:

1. Fa'lina said that she was protecting a FORMER student.
2. Abel is appearing on magazine covers.
3. Edit: Aaryanna knows where Abel is, and would probably go out of her way to send annoyances at him.

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Ganurath on May 31, 2013, 04:17:17 PM
Quote from: Madd the Sane on May 31, 2013, 12:37:17 AM

Two Three problems:

1. Fa'lina said that she was protecting a FORMER student.
2. Abel is appearing on magazine covers.
3. Edit: Aaryanna knows where Abel is, and would probably go out of her way to send annoyances at him.

Does the Law of Conservation of Detail mean nothing here?

It's probably safe for Fa'lina to say Abel is no longer a student (he's left the school and has long since met any requirements she has for graduation, having stayed there so long), and the other two things probably haven't occurred to Seme's diplomat anyway.

To assume that they're talking about "the other Siar cubi" 400+ years later is a little ridiculous, especially when we've already been told he killed himself.

Ganurath

Elin and Aniz are completely different Cubi, although I'll concede on the other points made.

Form_Goblin

If I'm following it right, Abel is the only literal remaining member of the Siar clan, and the only one that the unnamed horned Cubi would be looking for.
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Ab_056.php From here, we find that after the attack by Hizell, there were four members.
Sel  - Converted to Seme's clan
Sel's Son - Converted with his mother to Seme's clan
Aniz - Was at the academy, had not yet fathered Aniz
Elin   - Commited suicide at some later point

Our cute little horned cubi's probably looking for Abel, as the only other possible two are already safe in Seme's clan, suggesting Seme wants to either give Abel protection, or someone to talk to.  Or maybe *Seme* needs someone to talk to.

killpurakat

Agree with Strbenherz, as I too am a bit confused why people think there's anybody left in clan Siar besides Abel. The clan was reduced to 4 members, 2 of which converted to Seme's clan, and Elin killed himself, leaving Aniz as the only survivor (page 56 of Abel's Story part 2). Since then, Abel was born, but Aniz was killed, so the only member left is Abel. (And since Aniz had no safe place to stash kids after Fa'Lina nixed his plans for several centuries, I don't think Abel's got any sibs he doesn't know about.)

So yeah, Seme's diplomat is talking about good ol' Cookies and Cream. And while I get the diplomat's point of view, Fa'Lina is very much in the right (as a college educator myself, I often get asked to divulge info that is really nobody's business but the student in question). Even if Abel hadn't said to keep his location private, Fa'Lina, as a responsible headmistress, would not be able talk about that.

I'm not sure if Seme's clan is interested in him because he is the last of Siar's clan, because he might be in danger (since he was on the cover of a magazine with a famous rich guy), or just because of his looks (if Aniz's comments in page 12 of Abel's Story part 2 are anything to go by, having Abel in the clan may be a big "trophy wife" thing). But that diplomat would better serve her purpose by dropping the issue with Fa'Lina and instead trying to appear worried about Abel to the other diplomats (like Dan). Word of mouth can be a powerful ally.

Also, I love the colors of Seme's diplomat. Reminds me of chocolate mousse or chocolate chip cookies.  :mowcookie

Tuyu

LoneHowler

Quote from: Strebenherz on May 31, 2013, 11:30:38 PM
If I'm following it right, Abel is the only literal remaining member of the Siar clan, and the only one that the unnamed horned Cubi would be looking for.
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Ab_056.php From here, we find that after the attack by Hizell, there were four members.
Sel  - Converted to Seme's clan
Aniz - Was at the academy, had not yet fathered Aniz
Elin   - Commited suicide at some later point

Our cute little horned cubi's probably looking for Abel, as the only other possible two are already safe in Seme's clan, suggesting Seme wants to either give Abel protection, or someone to talk to.  Or maybe *Seme* needs someone to talk to.

The way it was stated that the clan went from four to just two surviving members leads me to believe that Sel's son might have been too young to be an actual member (no clan mark) and they may have added it on prematurely to protect him. So there might have been a unnamed surviving member since the clan went from four to two. Not from four to one
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

killpurakat

Quote from: LoneHowler on June 01, 2013, 01:08:04 PM
Quote from: Strebenherz on May 31, 2013, 11:30:38 PM
Sel  - Converted to Seme's clan
Aniz - Was at the academy, had not yet fathered Abel
Elin   - Commited suicide at some later point

Our cute little horned cubi's probably looking for Abel, as the only other possible two are already safe in Seme's clan, suggesting Seme wants to either give Abel protection, or someone to talk to.  Or maybe *Seme* needs someone to talk to.

The way it was stated that the clan went from four to just two surviving members leads me to believe that Sel's son might have been too young to be an actual member (no clan mark) and they may have added it on prematurely to protect him. So there might have been a unnamed surviving member since the clan went from four to two. Not from four to one

Why would Sel's son have been too young? There's really nothing to indicate that. And Amber stated that both Sel and her son converted, which would indicate he was able to (had his clan mark). Without a clan mark (ie, knowing what clan you are, or even if you are a cubi), you probably can't convert.

(Recall that Comic 1222 only applied to non-Cubi conversions; Amber hasn't actually talked about cubi converting other cubi into their clans, and since Seme adopted many cubi into her clan during the war, I'm guessing the bloodline link isn't needed, or if it is, it isn't quite the same as when a non-cubi is trying to become a cubi.)

If you're referring to the fact that Elin took his own life is mentioned right afterwards, it never says when he did so (I'd imagine that since pills were involved, he needed some time to set his suicide into motion, so a bit more than a day to pull himself together enough and gather supplies, hence why by the next day, there were still two members of Siar left).

Besides that, if Hizell used Siar's link to track down her members and kill them in a single day, I'm guessing that the child of a cubi could be track similarly, so if they were talking about Sel's son (assuming he wasn't already a member of clan Seme), they could just find him using Sel and Seme's link to her. SAIA seems to be the only place that's shielded enough for that trick not to work, so once you leave SAIA, you are fair game for all sorts of tracking spells and such.

Ignuus66

For some reason the diplomat keeps reminding me of Vishnu...

(credit: Gabi)

Jasae Bushae

I can't remember where it was but Amber explained that the reason cubis don't change clans willy nilly is because it requires someone to have a child with a member of the joining clan and that said cubi has to be stronger than the clanless one.  This will mean that the child will be a cubi of the new clan and between the spouse and the child, they convert the clanless one to their clan.

Also, Aniz had a whole plan about fathering bunches of children like Abel in the hopes of rebuilding his clan through treachery and force. Are we necesarily sure that he only stopped at Abel?
I might be a hack writer but thats no reason not to Enjoy writing anyways
http://greenfrostfire.deviantart.com/

joshofspam

Quote from: Jasae Bushae on June 01, 2013, 07:54:34 PM
Also, Aniz had a whole plan about fathering bunches of children like Abel in the hopes of rebuilding his clan through treachery and force. Are we necesarily sure that he only stopped at Abel?

True, Fa'lina's terms were only that he couldn't enroll another child during that time. In fact, if she believed he couldn't hold off with having a child during that time, she might have hoped he'd at least try to do a family right that time around.

Though if he did have other children under those terms, it would be unlikely that he would have a whole legion of children by now. Let's see, each Being might have had a average life span back in the day at being around 50 to 60 years. That would be two life times living with another in a century. Having how many kids with each wife? 2? 3 kids? Those children having kids of their own eventually. That possibly all going on for almost  three and a half centuries.

Funny thing to think about is that if that one dragon had a way of tracking Siar's clan, why hasn't he left the Inn as a crater yet? This would most likely also apply to any other children Aniz had after Abel.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Ignuus66

Quote from: joshofspam on June 01, 2013, 08:57:53 PM
Quote from: Jasae Bushae on June 01, 2013, 07:54:34 PM

True, Fa'lina's terms were only that he couldn't enroll another child during that time. In fact, if she believed he couldn't hold off with having a child during that time, she might have hoped he'd at least try to do a family right that time around.

Though if he did have other children under those terms, it would be unlikely that he would have a whole legion of children by now. Let's see, each Being might have had a average life span back in the day at being around 50 to 60 years. That would be two life times living with another in a century. Having how many kids with each wife? 2? 3 kids? Those children having kids of their own eventually. That possibly all going on for almost  three and a half centuries.

Funny thing to think about is that if that one dragon had a way of tracking Siar's clan, why hasn't he left the Inn as a crater yet? This would most likely also apply to any other children Aniz had after Abel.
He might also think that the whole clan died (since he could not detect aniz) , and does not bother checking every few hundred to be sure.

(credit: Gabi)

Zebra Bug

What gave you that idea? Destiania was never Aniz's wife, nor is she Abel's mum, and Aniz was not Dan's father...

except now that I write this I suddenly have to wonder if Dan's (and Alexsi's) father WAS Aniz in disguise again?!

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: joshofspam on June 01, 2013, 08:57:53 PM

I believe that Cyra is hiding the Inn, because Destania wants her to.

Admittedly, I also believe Destania is a good person and has a plan that isn't messed up in the head, but that's just because I believe the best about people, despite all evidence to the contrary...