2013/05/18 [Matilda # 13] This is why no one likes you, Heshi!!

Started by Zebra Bug, May 19, 2013, 12:42:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zebra Bug

Aw, poor Kesserk, all the girls are gonna flee. So, I am assuming that since he is not dead, yet, Kissriss and Heshi's father is likely near death at this point... or ill somehow. Curious, I am wondering if the semi-symbiotic relationship they have with the crystals has healing properties....so how could he be sick/dying? Old age maybe? And I still want to know who Hishnai (who Kissriss is going to give the pink crystal to) is.

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

xom

I did not think it was physically possible for his eyes to get that big   :blink

DragonBlast

Anyone else happen to see that Heshi is really calm for a male BV mythos... Even when threatened by Kesserk, he keeps his cool.
Makes me wonder what he did to make Matilda want to beat him into submission with his own arm?

xom

Quote from: DragonBlast on May 19, 2013, 01:26:40 AM
Anyone else happen to see that Heshi is really calm for a male BV mythos... Even when threatened by Kesserk, he keeps his cool.
Makes me wonder what he did to make Matilda want to beat him into submission with his own arm?

[spoiler] [/spoiler]

Sorry, derp moment there.

:baghead

Zebra Bug

She told Dan she beat her brother with his own arm. Kesserk wants to marry/mate her, he isn't her brother. Heshi is clearly Matilda's brother.

Edit: Happens to us all, no problem.  :mowwink

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

DragonBlast

She "beat up" her brother (Heshi). I have not seen anything showing any kind of blood relationship between Matilda and Kesserk.

Sorry if it seemed like I was a bit over defensive with that.... Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I dont think it is old age seeing that BVs can be several thousand years of age, and this is just her dad. http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_412.php

Also, it may be some kind of illness, as the home crystal only provides energy... Kind of like how a cubi gets energy from emotions. http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Ma_007.php

Zebra Bug

Yeah, I saw that myself, just did not feel like editing my response.  :mowtongue

Yeah, I see your point. Is sorta why I said 'semi-symbiotic'. But yeah, just foods. May have something to do with their longevity. So I wonder if maybe their father is wounded? Really badly...

DragonBlast

That is a strong possibility, Blue Volcano does not seem like the safest place in Furrae. He may of been wounded in battle with another BV for all we know.

Nino

What if he just fathered Matilda very late in life? It could still be old age, unless I'm missing something.

Prroul

I'm seeing a classic Alpha/Beta clash here. Heshi is playing the role of dominant Alpha personality. Quite frankly, he doesn't need to talk. He orders, things happen. No one wants to f**k with him. He doesn't need to resort to flashy "Hellooooooo Ladies" stunts. Nor does he resort to Awesome Face or Chibi Eyes.

The other male, on the other hand, is a classic Beta personality. Think Starscream. When the Alphas aren't around, they strut their stuff. When the Alphas are around, they slink away.

I could see this coming to a clash. And I do not foresee Heshi losing this fight. His opponent would be tempted to 'play to the crowd'. Heshi would simply get it over with quickly and efficiently. Quite frankly, his ability to keep his temper in check probably makes him the most dangerous Mythos of the realm. Second only to Matilda, of course, but we don't know that yet  ;)

ChaosMageX

Ah yes, the banter between Kesserk and Hesshomaru Heshii definitely reminds me of something, and it's even more similar considering he'll eventually have one of his arms severed by his sibling. :P  Dammit, now I'm imagining Heshii being voiced by David Kaye.

Icon by Sunblink

Wanderer

Kesserk is an uppity youngster who thinks he's something special and wants to prove it. Heshii is an established male who doesn't need to prove anything, but who will turn this annoyance into a smear on the wall if it doesn't learn its place.

Tylor

Brunhidden

Quote from: Tylor on May 20, 2013, 04:13:29 AM
How the hell that third eyes function without orbits?

physi- er, magic

Quote from: Nino on May 19, 2013, 03:27:17 AM
What if he just fathered Matilda very late in life? It could still be old age, unless I'm missing something.

Matilda mentioned her race lives for long enough that waiting a thousand years or so for Dan to come to terms with his sexy was nothing to her. i get the impression that much like my own family the only real cause of death is massive organ failure, usually caused by violence or pissing off a deity
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

ChaosMageX

There probably is an orbit for their third eye in their skull.  Given their snake-like head shape, I'd think the brain case is further back in the skull, allowing space for a fully functional third set of orbital bones.

Given how much violence occurs between them, hopefully we'll soon have an opportunity to see the skull of a BV Mythos to know for sure.

What I'm wondering now is whether their 3rd optic nerve crosses over with the other two like the other two probably do.

Icon by Sunblink

Zebra Bug

Quote from: ChaosMageX on May 21, 2013, 03:06:13 PM

There probably is an orbit for their third eye in their skull.  Given their snake-like head shape, I'd think the brain case is further back in the skull, allowing space for a fully functional third set of orbital bones.

Given how much violence occurs between them, hopefully we'll soon have an opportunity to see the skull of a BV Mythos to know for sure.

What I'm wondering now is whether their 3rd optic nerve crosses over with the other two like the other two probably do.

Great, now I'm thinking about my biology class from like....a year ago. Usually when I see a race with a third eye, that third eye is sideways in relation to the others, but in the case of the BV Mythos, the eye is the same position. It seems to be able to rotate independently of the other two, so the nerves must also be independent of the other two. It is however....flatter?