2013/05/04 [Matilda #12] A Bright Ray of Blue Sunshine...That Burns

Started by ChaosMageX, May 04, 2013, 11:16:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosMageX

Seriously, did anyone else imagine Jeremy Irons voicing Matilda's brother?  I hope I'm not the only one.

I can't really tell how much bigger or smaller than Kesserk he is, but given how he's talking, I'm inclined to guess it's the former rather than the latter.  Still, size difference probably isn't the only thing that will determine whether or not Kesserk's body will be able to cash those checks his mouth is writing, but given his demeanor, I'd say he's at least pretty confident those checks won't bounce...along with his butt.

Icon by Sunblink

latei

I like how in the first panel Matilda & Kashi are both glancing at each other with their middle eye

Prroul

Gee, what's that? Is that a tumbleweed in the background? It surely must, because I'm hearing that little whistling tune here...

Or, as we say down in Texas... 'them's fightin' words'.

ChaosMageX

Quote from: latei on May 04, 2013, 11:24:28 PM
I like how in the first panel Matilda & Kashi are both glancing at each other with their middle eye

That's a good catch!  Also, has anyone else noticed that in panel three Kesserk's expression is a dead-on awesome face?  :giggle xD

Icon by Sunblink

joshofspam

Obviously Matilda's brother is not amused.

Of course it doesn't help that Kesserk doesn't seem to give him any respect.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Prroul

You know... only one of them is gonna come out of this one alive... and since Matilda's brother has a Grand Destiny to die in a much more embarrassing and humiliating manner, it occurs to me that someone IS writing checks his arse isn't going to be able to cash...

Sunblink

Kesserk's expression in the final panel is so perfect it hurts. I wonder where I've seen it before-

oh.

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Sunblink on May 05, 2013, 12:23:06 AM
Kesserk's expression in the final panel is so perfect it hurts. I wonder where I've seen it before-

oh.

When I first realized that I literally laughed out loud.  Even his third eye is the correct shape and looking in the right direction. >:3  Someone should totally make an emoticon or one of those "Fan" signature pictures of Kesserk's expression in that 3rd panel because it is too hilarious not to.

Icon by Sunblink

It-Or-Whatever-I-Am

Is it just me or does anyone think Kesserk slightly as the troll here? I swear any minute he's going to pull a troll face, just as he did an awesome face +1
I am known as it, because I have no designation outside that and I would rather it stay like that.

Otherwise Have a good day Sir/Ma'am.

ChaosMageX

I forgot to mention that I was a bit surprised that the patterns of the scale coloration of Matilda's brother don't look like the ones of the male BV Mythos on the QfR page, even though the female looks a lot like Matilda.  On the other hand, Matilda's father could look like that, and hopefully now that her brother has appeared, her father will soon appear as well.

Speaking of markings, one interesting thing I've noticed is that all of the male BV Mythos that have appeared so far, including the one on the QfR page, have markings in a third cyan color on their bodies, while none of the females that have appeared so far have any trace of that cyan color on their bodies.  I wonder if this is the norm for the species, and if cases of females being born/hatched with that cyan color and males being born/hatched without it are as rare as albinism.  Could a BV Mythos born with an odd set of colors end up being ostracized if not outright killed or banished  by their tribe?  From what's been shown of their culture so far, I wouldn't be surprised if that's what typically happens to BV Mythos with rare colorations.  However, perhaps in at least some cases, the opposite could end up happening, and the BV Mythos could end up being revered or viewed as blessed/special in their ability to stand out among their competition and get noticed in a crowd.  I do hope we end up seeing enough of their culture to figure out what typically happens to BV Mythos with rare extra or missing colors.

Icon by Sunblink

Lying Foo

Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Eboreg

Okay, I've never said anything like this before but I love Kashi's face in the third panel.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

killpurakat

Quote from: ChaosMageX on May 05, 2013, 02:16:13 AM
I forgot to mention that I was a bit surprised that the patterns of the scale coloration of Matilda's brother don't look like the ones of the male BV Mythos on the QfR page, even though the female looks a lot like Matilda.  On the other hand, Matilda's father could look like that, and hopefully now that her brother has appeared, her father will soon appear as well.

I think by this point her father has already passed away. If he was still in the picture, then Kesserk and any other males would be talking about fighting him for the right to claim Matilda as a wife. The fact that people seem to regard Matilda's brother as being in charge of her points to him being the head of the household.

Or at least that's how I interpret the situation, combined with Matilda's wording in this comic:
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1065.php

KV1NN4

Quote from: ChaosMageX on May 04, 2013, 11:16:30 PM
Seriously, did anyone else imagine Jeremy Irons voicing Matilda's brother?  I hope I'm not the only one.

Dunno about anyone else but they sound a bit more like stereotypical jocks in my head-canon. Jeremy Irons sounds too mature & distinguished for a relatively young buck like Matilda's bro...that said I'm not sure how old he's meant to be but since male BVMythos are so violent I suspect they don't live too long once they start collecting wives (if they fail, that is)... and I just don't see them waiting to do this later in life, personally.

But yes Jeremy Irons can come off as quite Menacing.
~K. *: )