2013/04/01 [DMFA #0001] The Story Begins

Started by Nino, April 01, 2013, 12:14:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lying Foo

Well, April Fool's is over in Ontario...
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

TheAuldGrump

Quote from: LoneHowler on April 01, 2013, 01:11:17 AM
I would like to see the originals kept in a seperate archive. One of the things I like is seeing the progression of the work. Also these remastered should have the remastered tag on them. If this is a outright April fools good one
Being able to point to the old strips and go 'Wow! Amber has come a long way!' is very, very nice.

A Girl and Her Fed has been updating the art, and keeping, mostly, on track with new strips. Rogues of Clwd-Rhan on the other hand... Holy Carp! It's updated! Just went to check the spelling of Clwd-Rhan, and there were new strips! After three years there are new strips!

*Ahem* Sorry about that... if I hadn't needed to look up the spelling of Clwd-Rhan then I still would not know that it was updating.

Anyway... I like having the older DMFA comics to look at - sent my girfriend here not all that long ago.

The Auld Grump

Amber Williams

Because the next update is Friday but the day is technically over, I can and will step in and say that yeah...the comic revisions are in fact an April Fool's joke. :U

Slacker Spice

Quote from: Amber Williams on April 02, 2013, 10:55:38 AM
Because the next update is Friday but the day is technically over, I can and will step in and say that yeah...the comic revisions are in fact an April Fool's joke. :U

Still way better than the Mishapocalypse on Tumblr...

"Oh, listen to Mary Poppins. He's got his crust all stiff and upper with that nancy-boy accent. You English men are always so... bloody hell! [counting them on his fingers.] Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers, bollocks. Oh god... I'm English."
"Welcome to the nancy tribe."
Spike and Giles; "Tabula Rasa"; Buffy the Vampire Slayer

"Aw, great, you blew up the 'wah-wah' machine!"
"PORCUPINES ARE GOD!" - Nostalgia

Pvblivs

So when will the page for comic #1 go back to the old art?  (One of the first things I did was check to see if the old image was in the old archives.)

Amber Williams

Probably along with the update on Friday.  I didn't want to swap it back currently since it would mean the image on the front page would then revert back to the old version and that would just be confusing. :U

Merlin

I bow to your incredible April Foolsing skills.
Bravo!

AxiLarin

As much as I love the revised version of strip #1, if it had been true and I had to wait about six months to see more of Piflak toying around with Dan...  :redrum

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: TheAuldGrump on April 02, 2013, 01:02:21 AM
Quote from: LoneHowler on April 01, 2013, 01:11:17 AM
I would like to see the originals kept in a seperate archive. One of the things I like is seeing the progression of the work. Also these remastered should have the remastered tag on them. If this is a outright April fools good one
Being able to point to the old strips and go 'Wow! Amber has come a long way!' is very, very nice.

Indeed, someone I know actually used DMFA as an example for this purpose in an art class, once. He showed the first comics, "This is where Amber started." then he showed the up-to-date comics at the time, "And this is where she is ten years later." Apparently, even with such evidence, most of the people in the class went with the typical reaction of "Oh mah gawd I will never be that good!"

Icalasari

Quote from: Amber Williams on April 02, 2013, 02:31:42 PM
Probably along with the update on Friday.  I didn't want to swap it back currently since it would mean the image on the front page would then revert back to the old version and that would just be confusing. :U

I am curious: Are there any plans to ever update the old ones and put the originals in a separate archive, since there was some positive reception to this?
Quote from: MT Hazard on January 08, 2011, 10:54:19 AM
Warning! This cubi has encountered an unknown error and needs to restart
Do you wish to start in safe mode ? Y/N
Loading last known good configuration.....
Loading WinMows....