[Art] Liatai's Library - Commissions and Catch-Up

Started by Liatai, March 21, 2013, 11:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liatai

Heyo, people of the Tower! Welcome, welcome, pull up a chair, have a hot beverage, stay a while. :smile

I've been kind of slacking on the art front lately... Maybe trying to maintain a thread will help kick my rear into gear. :3 I'll probably end up posting a lot of sketches, since coloring has never been my strong suit, but who knows?

So! To start things off... I've been working on a few drawings of a DMFA fancharacter for most of today.
DeviantART
FurAffinity

Any advice anyone feels like offering would be appreciated, especially on shading, colors, or on depicting fluffiness. Nikkiki, in my mind's eye, is one very floofy gryphon, though I'm not sure how well I managed to depict it.

Thanks for stopping by!  c:

-------
Other Art Posts
May 16, 2013 - Paladin versus Comb
July 5, 2013 - Paladins and Armor
September 1, 2013 - Another Man's Boots
September 2, 2013 - Fringe!
September 24, 2013 - Dragon Sam
May 25, 2014 - Drow and Fey Foxes
June 6, 2014 - Miacherry in Color
June 7, 2014 - Draw Your Cat in a Dress Day
June 8, 2014 - Renaissance Faire Fey Fox
June 10, 2014 - DMFA Fanart - Confusion and Joy
July 6, 2014 - Pokemon, Drow, and Closet Negotiations
July 12, 2014 - More Drow Doodles (And One Non-Drow)
June 9, 2015 - Have a Random Mink
December 29, 2015 - Commissions! :D And Catch-Up

Tapewolf

I think this is the floofiest thing Merlin has drawn, maybe it will help:  http://project-future.org/stuff/things/ProfessorFalkirk.png

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Liatai

>:O *pelts Ghostwish with a thousand waffles*

Oh, wow. That is extremely floofy. :aack Almost makes one wonder how he got those pants on over all the floof.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Liatai on March 22, 2013, 09:26:03 AM
>:O *pelts Ghostwish with a thousand waffles*

Oh, wow. That is extremely floofy. :aack Almost makes one wonder how he got those pants on over all the floof.

I figure he either trims the fur on his legs, or uses some kind of shapeshifting trick.

Ghostwish

Oh my dice his static cling could jump-start your heart!

Tapewolf

Ghostwish

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 22, 2013, 02:35:35 PM
Quote from: Ghostwish on March 22, 2013, 02:20:56 PM

This was the reference picture for Falkirk:
http://www.enchantedpoodleclub.com/images/ungroomed.jpg

Sooo sweeping the house is unnecessary, but personal grooming becomes a pain? XP

VAE

Quote from: Ghostwish on March 22, 2013, 07:06:46 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on March 22, 2013, 02:35:35 PM
Quote from: Ghostwish on March 22, 2013, 02:20:56 PM

This was the reference picture for Falkirk:
http://www.enchantedpoodleclub.com/images/ungroomed.jpg

Sooo sweeping the house is unnecessary, but personal grooming becomes a pain? XP

Cubi. He walks around the house, then walks outside, shapeshifts his fur into smooth and short, and the crap just falls off.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: VAE on March 22, 2013, 08:32:37 PM
Cubi. He walks around the house, then walks outside, shapeshifts his fur into smooth and short, and the crap just falls off.

That would make dusting the bookshelves fairly easy, too. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

techmaster-glitch

For shame, Liatai! You didn't tell the story behind Nikkiki at all, not why you made her or the process of drawing, nor her "in character" story!

Exposition is demanded!  :mowtongue

Liatai

Just a little silly sketch to update with today. I've been working on actually getting some solid designs for some Akellon characters (characters in the D&D game I DM), so I can draw them without references and start doing silly stuff more often.

One of such characters is Altonor, an NPC drow renegade and paladin of freedom. While I haven't quite managed to tackle his armor yet, at least I can draw him in casual wear now. During the design process, though, it seemed like Altonor's hair was getting messier and messier the more I drew it.

After that observation, a line popped into my head, and I had to use it.  :animesweat
DeviantART
FurAffinity

llearch n'n'daCorna

Liatai

I was without internet these past few days, and so, I forced myself to bite the bullet and actually sit down to study armor, to get over my trepidation of drawing the stuff. Two pages of doodles, notes, and cartoon fish (poleyns look like cartoon fish from the side to me for some reason) later, I felt like I finally had a decent enough grasp on armor to tackle Altonor's.

I figured I'd start by drawing him in his gambeson first. Okay, did that just fine, though I didn't scan it. Then I figured I'd draw the chainmail over the gambeson, and then finally top it all off with a picture of the full armor.

I didn't even get a quarter of the way done with it before my character started scolding me for procrastinating.  :.
(DeviantART) (FurAffinity)

So I knuckled down and designed his armor at last.

The next day, I started working on drawing another character who I'd been daunted about drawing because of her armor... Hyuuint's Tamaran dragonborn, Vorel Kethend. I started with a few face sketches...
(Photobucket)

... And then one face sketch turned into her chatting with my druid, Sam.

All in all, a productive few days.  :smile ... Although I didn't get to mapping the cloud castle I'd meant to for tomorrow's game. Whoops. :animesweat Procrastination is the best motivator for everything except what you actually should be doing, I swear...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Nice work.

Apart from, you know, the procrastination thing. But I'll talk about that next time... ;-]

Liatai

I've been trying to practice drawing Sam a little bit more, especially since I'm not terribly used to drawing people with large frames like him... So, have a doodle.  :3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Interesting work, there, Liatai. More interesting after reading the commentary underneath, even.

Liatai

Another doodle inspired by yesterday's costume swap one.

While this was a lot of fun to draw, I can't help feeling like something's off with Rhylinar's legs here, as though it's hard to tell which leg is which. Is it just me, or do other people see that? Any advice?

*edit* According to some the oddness is/was due to a marked lack of butt. Files updated for (hopefully) more defined butt. :B

Liatai

All right, let's try this image posting thing... let's see here...

I felt like drawing some dragons last night, and dracofying some of my characters in the process. I think Sam here turned out pretty well... and even if he didn't, he was very relaxing to draw. Layers upon layers of smooth lines~ c:

I'm a little afraid to try to ink this, for fear it'll lose something if I mess up. Anyone have any tips for inking this much hair?

Ghostwish

ErmahGAWD Liatai! That is spectacular! But druids can't shapeshift into dragons, can they?

.. man, I'd almost be willing to say they can just to see this. XP

Liatai

Not without a certain feat line, which Sam doesn't have an interest in. He's not really a draconic sort of druid. (I think that feat was created with Eberron in mind, with Argonnessen's dragon-totem-worshiping population.)

Ghostwish

Liatai

Blech... I've been sick as a dog for a good week now. But on the bright side, my drawing muse seems to have returned! Might as well start off with the colored thing...

(DeviantART) (FurAffinity) (Weasyl) (Tumblr)

I've been working on drawing a few of my drowish characters; I posted a few sketches of them to my Tumblr. And then one of my former players replied with a PSA-style note telling people to call the local inquisitors if the characters depicted were sighted.

... They took some umbrage with that. And then got distracted by messing with each other, because they're cousins.
(WARNING - strong language since the characters involved are both casual cussers)
(Tumblr)

Another shot of Masabel, the noseless warrior.
(Tumblr)

And finally, if drow and half-drow aren't your style, what about fey foxes?
... LOTS of fey foxes.
(DeviantART) (FurAffinity) (Tumblr)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Liatai

llearch n'n'daCorna

Liatai

Someone on Tumblr made it "Draw Your Cat in a Dress Day" a few days ago.

I don't think this is entirely what they meant. :B

Liatai

(DeviantART) (Tumblr) (FurAffinity) (Weasyl)

After the cat in the dress, Ghostwish challenged me to draw Miacherry in a dress. At first I was just planning to do a simple sketch and leave it at that. Then I found my colored Microns, and things got out of hand. Nearly half a day later... :animesweat

Liatai

(DeviantART) (Tumblr) (FurAffinity) (Weasyl)

Wiiiiiings! >( MASSIVE thanks to Tezkat for helping me out with trying to figure out Dimanika's wings. I must have redrawn that one backwing fifteen times.

More info on the art sites... but, well, some DMFA fanart was long overdue. Why not my two favorite clan leaders?  :smile

Kipiru

Ok, seriously, at first I thought that was from Amber herself  :U You have a great clean art style and use colors with ease.