2013/02/17 [DMFA #1379] Sneaky rainbow ninja appears

Started by Zebra Bug, February 17, 2013, 10:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zebra Bug

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 19, 2013, 04:50:43 AM
That's very possible.  It could also explain why she had Aary wrapped around her finger.  I mean, it could have been shared goals, but I'm not sure.  Aary didn't seem to want Abel killed, she just seemed to see him as an annoying rival...

Uh...I'm pretty certain that Aary wants more than just the rivalry.  :mowtongue I mean, even if it has been a couple hundred years since that point...she is still working her stunning ass off to try and help him, with nothing to really gain except...well Abel's distress at her being the one to find the answers he asked Fa'Lina for.

Quote from: Lying Foo on February 19, 2013, 01:16:37 PM
You know, considering what prompted this, you'd think "don't hurt that Cubi who's been in the papers with him" would have been on the list of secondary objectives.

Especially since "that Cubi with Jyrras" is Abel whom I assume she still has fond feelings for. Oh the feels. I cannot wait until Abel and Kria meet in the current time frame.  :mowmeep

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

ChaosMageX

Every time I look at the title of this thread, I keep hearing "I'm a ninja, I'm a rainbow ninja" in my head.

Also, I don't think Abel has anything to fear from Chazore, at least not at the moment.  She might or might not know about Abel's relationship with Jyrrus, but given her reaction in the current page, I think that she doesn't see Abel as an immediate threat to Jyrrus.  She's probably just keeping her eye on everyone within physical proximity of the roo-rat, just in case.

Icon by Sunblink

Zebra Bug

Quote from: ChaosMageX on February 19, 2013, 02:37:37 PM
Every time I look at the title of this thread, I keep hearing "I'm a ninja, I'm a rainbow ninja" in my head.

Also, I don't think Abel has anything to fear from Chazore, at least not at the moment.  She might or might not know about Abel's relationship with Jyrrus, but given her reaction in the current page, I think that she doesn't see Abel as an immediate threat to Jyrrus.  She's probably just keeping her eye on everyone within physical proximity of the roo-rat, just in case.

That was my general feeling for the situation as well. Otherwise she would have went to Jy's rescue, since Kria told her to maim/kill anyone who laid a finger on him...so she must have something in the file about him, or Kria told her off panel to keep an eye on Abel too...or...she just really does not see Abel as a threat. OR...the pun was just. That. Bad.

Seriously...I better not show this page to my mom....I like to make puns...and I rather not give her ideas about how to deal with me.  :mowninja

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

Alondro

*Charline hovers behind dragon-spy*  Sooooo.... whatcha doin'?
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Tapewolf

Quote from: Zebra Bug on February 19, 2013, 02:42:39 PM
That was my general feeling for the situation as well. Otherwise she would have went to Jy's rescue, since Kria told her to maim/kill anyone who laid a finger on him...so she must have something in the file about him, or Kria told her off panel to keep an eye on Abel too...or...she just really does not see Abel as a threat. OR...the pun was just. That. Bad.

Amber's comment when she announced the comic on Twitter might be useful:
Luckily, the smartest in the department knows tomfoolery over actual hostility.

...and that makes sense.  After all, if she went in guns blazing each time someone elbowed him it would not only blow her cover but it would also cause significant distress to Jyrras, which is not the idea.

No, she might note that there was some horseplay but I doubt she has that much of a hair trigger (that's what killed her predecessor, after all).

EDIT: What'll be more interesting is if MACE finds her and suspects an assassin.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zebra Bug

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 19, 2013, 04:13:57 PM

...and that makes sense.  After all, if she went in guns blazing each time someone elbowed him it would not only blow her cover but it would also cause significant distress to Jyrras, which is not the idea.

No, she might note that there was some horseplay but I doubt she has that much of a hair trigger (that's what killed her predecessor, after all).

EDIT: What'll be more interesting is if MACE finds her and suspects an assassin.

OOOH. I...doubt she'd react to M.A.C.E. the same way Abel did though (i.e. abject horror). No Blue Shell for her.

Eboreg

Quote from: Zebra Bug on February 19, 2013, 07:36:59 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on February 19, 2013, 04:13:57 PM

OOOH. I...doubt she'd react to M.A.C.E. the same way Abel did though (i.e. abject horror). No Blue Shell for her.

She'd probably report back to Kria and say, "I'm not sure Jyrras needs protection."
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

Prroul

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 18, 2013, 01:09:23 PM
Quote from: Brunhidden on February 18, 2013, 11:03:35 AM
even after that, what would he be able to do even with confirmation its her? tell dan to give puppy dog eyes?

"But Moooooom..." ?
Somehow, I don't think Initiating Response #3 is going to help in this situation...

Eboreg

Quote from: Prroul on February 19, 2013, 09:06:31 PM
even after that, what would he be able to do even with confirmation its her? tell dan to give puppy dog eyes?

"But Moooooom..." ?
Somehow, I don't think Initiating Response #3 is going to help in this situation...

Response #22 would probably be better, "You threw away my sister's life like it was nothing, and that makes you my enemy now."
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

Zebra Bug

Quote from: Eboreg on February 20, 2013, 06:03:52 AM

"But Moooooom..." ?

Response #22 would probably be better, "You threw away my sister's life like it was nothing, and that makes you my enemy now."

Or just tell her to Rule 31 out of his life.

Prroul

Quote from: Zebra Bug on February 20, 2013, 12:11:57 PM
Quote from: Eboreg on February 20, 2013, 06:03:52 AM

"But Moooooom..." ?

Unless she antes up. Oedipus much?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Zebra Bug, this is your Final Warning. This is a PG-13 area of the forum. Bringing Urban Dictionary into it is BAD.

This is not the first time the mods have had to advise you on what not to post. Be sure to make it the last.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Pvblivs

Okay, my thoughts on Jyras's acceptance or seeming acceptance of Abel's claims:  So far, Abel is not acting on these beliefs in any way.  As far as Jyras is concerned the difference between right and mistaken is moot.  And it is not unreasonable for him to consider that there might be bad blood between the two.  This holds even if he doesn't believe Destania would go that far.

We know Abel is right.  Jyras need not believe that.  His actions are reasonably expected if he believes Abel to be sincere.

Zebra Bug

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 20, 2013, 03:41:35 PM

Zebra Bug, this is your Final Warning. This is a PG-13 area of the forum. Bringing Urban Dictionary into it is BAD.

This is not the first time the mods have had to advise you on what not to post. Be sure to make it the last.

I didn't think there was anything wrong with Urban Dictionary....but I will not argue your point. I apologize.