2013/1/31 [DMFA # 1374] - Lines Divide. Lines Define.

Started by Zebra Bug, February 01, 2013, 12:20:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nino

Quote from: joshofspam on February 02, 2013, 01:26:13 PM

Though taking into account how impulsive cubi can be and how Dee throw that desk, Biggs might be taking a little bit of a gamble here that Destania is completely reasonable at this point.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I think Biggs is impressive here to us because we all know someone like Destania, with her pride, personality, and propensity to emotionally overreact (because she's a cubi) isn't going to take getting talked down to like this very well. And yet he still says it.

Though, since Destania is technically under his employ, he has hierarchical right over her. So she might have to just swallow her pride for this fact alone. Wait, we all know what this means then - Biggs is acting LIKE A BAUS.

Verkanon

It could be possible that Biggs could have a shot at taking Dee out. After all she did say he is far more powerful then his sister.
Never underestimate the power language imparts. Sticks and stones can break your bones, but words can break hearts.

icarus

Quote from: Verkanon on February 03, 2013, 05:36:05 AM
It could be possible that Biggs could have a shot at taking Dee out. After all she did say he is far more powerful then his sister.

i think we're all focusing on biggs taking destania in a brawl, and forgetting the political climate.

destania has a LOT of enemies. even some other cubi aren't her biggest fans. and she's in the twink territories in hiding. biggs is the one who's hiding her.

biggs has a kingdom, more or less. he doesn't even HAVE to fight destania to destroy her. he just needs to tell someone where she is and stand back as they take her down.

that doesn't so much seem his style, so that's unlikely how he'd do it if he had to. but seriously. there's no need to brawl when you have leverage over someone of that magnitude. he doesn't have to be a were to completely wreck her plans and endanger her life in a 24 hour span.

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Tapewolf

Quote from: icarus on February 03, 2013, 08:31:49 AM
biggs has a kingdom, more or less. he doesn't even HAVE to fight destania to destroy her. he just needs to tell someone where she is and stand back as they take her down.

that doesn't so much seem his style, so that's unlikely how he'd do it if he had to. but seriously. there's no need to brawl when you have leverage over someone of that magnitude. he doesn't have to be a were to completely wreck her plans and endanger her life in a 24 hour span.

Again, a trusted, distant partner with an adventurer stone, and a dossier to send to the dragons or the media or both.  If the stone goes out, so does the dossier.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zebra Bug

Quote from: maus_merryjest on February 02, 2013, 12:06:07 PM
After Jyrras' recent performance at the inn and this now, I think it's safe to say surprising things come in small packages in this world.

I already knew that from Wildy.  :mowmeep

Quote from: Verkanon on February 03, 2013, 05:36:05 AM

If they are not in fact Weres, and are only Beings, him being more powerful than his sister does not mean he is up to her level, necessarily.

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria