11/1/13 [DMFA #1368] - Do You Want to Know a Secret?

Started by Infranscia, January 11, 2013, 02:56:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Infranscia

Not the best title, but hey.

Okay, looking more likely that this has to go with Cyra/Destania.  Maybe Dan by accident?

I am curious how Fa'Lina might have been able to tell Abel when Da' wasn't able to tell Pyroduck.

Poor shivering Abel. 3:
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

Tapewolf

Excellent, he seems to be coming to his senses again, and that is all to the good.
And yes, I suspect it's the Dragon Problem that he's thinking of.  But we shall see.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

mithril

Quote from: Infranscia on January 11, 2013, 02:56:56 AM
I am curious how Fa'Lina might have been able to tell Abel when Da' wasn't able to tell Pyroduck.

well, according to multiple strips, Fa'Lina has predictive powers at least on par with Phoenixi.
at the same time, she has managed to hide SAIA and all those in it from any form of outside spying. this would likely mean Phoenixi as well, since otherwise what is the point? which means she is one of those powers Da' spoke of.

so it follows that if Fa'Lina has enough power to block the Phoenixi sight, and has predictive powers of her own, she can see through the blocks of others, or at least can see more of the context of where those blocks are, letting her guess some of it.

odds are there is also an element of information.. apparently the whole cubi-dragon war is not as well known outside the respective races, and it is possible that the more powerful members of these two groups have been hiding their actions behind viewing blocks for a long time.. as much to keep each other from spying on each other as anything, but with the side effect of keeping the Phoenixi in the dark about the whole thing.
it follows that dragons could have individuals powerful enough to do this, given that it's been said the only reason fae and dragons hang around in Furrae is because the loss of that universe wouldn't be major. certainly if "destroying the whole universe" is a concern, there has to be powers sufficient to cause major disruptions involved.

Alondro

I suspect Pip. 

He's exceedingly evil and conniving. 

He's Loki, Sutekh, Q, Discord, Emperor Palpatine, and Freddy Kruger all spliced together with evil mad science and mutated with radiation from the central supermassive black hole in the center of the Galaxy Reeking Of Pure Evil (G.R.O.P.E.)*!

*That particular evil galaxy is known for molesternating other galaxies in their black holes.  It's a twisted sicko of a star cluster, spiraling out of control at all times.

(Alondro returns, and the madness commences.)   :kruger
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Ignuus66

I have the strangest feeling that there is an invisible third party involved in this....

(credit: Gabi)

Mischa

Quote from: Ignuus66 on January 11, 2013, 10:32:40 AM
I have the strangest feeling that there is an invisible third party involved in this....

Hmm... invisible observers who have come to this world seeking amusement, treating the lives of millions as nothing more than mere entertainment!  Invisible, intangible, yet able to manipulate events in the world with powers exceeding that of even the dragons and fae.  Lurking, constantly watching from a parallel world, protected behind their dimensional barrier... a kind of "fourth wall"... :P

Ignuus66

Quote from: Mischa on January 11, 2013, 10:36:27 AM

Hmm... invisible observers who have come to this world seeking amusement, treating the lives of millions as nothing more than mere entertainment!  Invisible, intangible, yet able to manipulate events in the world with powers exceeding that of even the dragons and fae.  Lurking, constantly watching from a parallel world, protected behind their dimensional barrier... a kind of "fourth wall"... :P
Good one   :P

tracer

I have a more short-term question: what happens when a wet furry shapeshifter transforms into somebody more water resistant? Like an otter? Or even a furless dragon? Does the water fall off? Will he dry quicker that way? Why doesn't Abel try this? Does he want to feel miserable for a while longer?

Tapewolf

Quote from: tracer on January 12, 2013, 09:13:52 PM
I have a more short-term question: what happens when a wet furry shapeshifter transforms into somebody more water resistant? Like an otter? Or even a furless dragon? Does the water fall off? Will he dry quicker that way? Why doesn't Abel try this? Does he want to feel miserable for a while longer?

I'm curious why he didn't shrink his fur down to nothing.  Make himself bald for a second and then revert to normal.

That aside, I've just spotted something rather fascinating wrt the Oracles.  Going through the demonology, I found this in the Phoenix-B entry:

Notable Figure (Baneel):
...Finally, after a few weeks of not seeing her, the phoenix oracles pried open the door to her chambers only to discover no sign of her and the room in total shambles. All along the walls were strange runic symbols and what appeared to have been a highly elaborate spell unlike any other seen by the oracles who had lived far longer than Baneel ever had.

While many speculate that the spell was a summoning attempt gone wrong thus ending Baneel's life, a few other whisper of other things. No one is quite sure, but recently the oracles have been getting strange letters written in the same encrypted runes which has begun to cause them concern...

...of course, this might be a plot hook which Amber set up and has since forgotten about.  But it is interesting in the light of the troubles the Oracles are now having, with impostors and stars instead of the future...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Merlin

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 13, 2013, 05:51:12 PM
Quote from: tracer on January 12, 2013, 09:13:52 PM

I'm curious why he didn't shrink his fur down to nothing.  Make himself bald for a second and then revert to normal.

Don't say such things! Sad, wet Abel is freakin adorable, nothing should stand in the way of that!

Alondro

So, you suspect Pinkie Pie?   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Jesk Levethix

Quote from: Alondro on January 15, 2013, 01:32:34 PM

So, you suspect Pinkie Pie?   :3

Seems more Deadpool's style. thou how would he cross into Furrae i have no clue.

Ignuus66

...of course, this might be a plot hook which Amber set up and has since forgotten about.  But it is interesting in the light of the troubles the Oracles are now having, with impostors and stars instead of the future...
That is what I am betting on, but who knows, we might be totally wrong. (I hope we are because that is very interesting)

Tuyu

But it is interesting in the light of the troubles the Oracles are now having, with impostors and stars instead of the future...
I don't recall if it's been said, but given what was said in his conversation with his mom, it might be that the effect is centered on the inn, and clings temporarily to those who have been at the inn and leave for a short time.  Sort of an inverse of Fa'lina's prescience with regards to SAIA.