04/01/13 [DMFA#1366] - Showering the praise

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, January 04, 2013, 05:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Heh. Way to go, Pyroduck, just raining down the critique there. Nicely reigned Abel in.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 04, 2013, 05:47:34 AM
Heh. Way to go, Pyroduck, just raining down the critique there. Nicely reigned Abel in.

He might have a point with the shower, though.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jesk Levethix

It shows pyroduck's potential as a father at least..

Able however... well he's shirtless.. I'm not sure how much Jyrras is really paying attention to what he's saying..

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jesk Levethix on January 04, 2013, 07:32:42 AM
Able however... well he's shirtless.. I'm not sure how much Jyrras is really paying attention to what he's saying..

Well, the borderline crazy is liable to be a bit of a turn-off.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Pyroduck's face in panel 4 is just adorable! :D

What's kinda scary though is what Abel is saying in the last panel is giving me a serious case of deja vu.... :eek
I think I might have said those same words myself at some point..........maybe...... :sweatdrop

Jesk Levethix

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 04, 2013, 07:52:10 AM
Quote from: Jesk Levethix on January 04, 2013, 07:32:42 AM

Well, the borderline crazy is liable to be a bit of a turn-off.

True true.
at least Able didn't have Axelsi chime in a  "act your age not your Shoe size"  crack..  She'd be likely to say that too right/  I know Wildy isn't here to do it...
That would likely have just made it all worse.  

then again.. this is Hardly the first time  Jyrras has seen borderline crazy or  elementary grade childishness in a crush..
after all..   Dan has his eye before Able.

MT Hazard

It seems becoming a cubi causes something of a backslide in maturity and self control, as Dan has experienced with the Soulstealer family. You can kind of understand it with Dan, he's a new cubi wasn't terribly mature to begin with, but with Abel you would have thought 385 years would be enough to get it together.

Im guessing part of  Abel's problem is that he doesn't have the required people skills, isolating yourself for a few centuries has consequences, who knew?

Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on January 04, 2013, 08:53:43 AM
It seems becoming a cubi causes something of a backslide in maturity and self control, as Dan has experienced with the Soulstealer family. You can kind of understand it with Dan, he's a new cubi wasn't terribly mature to begin with, but with Abel you would have thought 385 years would be enough to get it together.

I figured that it was because he was stunned, and he lost it upon waking before he could stop it from happening.  That would explain why he's never done this before, because he's usually coming into situations from a starting point where he's got a grip on himself.

EDIT: Oh, that is interesting.  Look at Abel's wings in panel 4 - the leathery parts have spots on - I guess he's shapeshifted them and stretched them away from the part they were painted to match or something.

joshofspam

Awesome cakes! This page certainly shows that Ducky can certainly be more reasonable then Abel and was quite amusing to read.
Quote from: MT Hazard on January 04, 2013, 08:53:43 AM

Im guessing part of  Abel's problem is that he doesn't have the required people skills, isolating yourself for a few centuries has consequences, who knew?

Eh, I take it just as the cubi nature showing through.

He was completely able to keep his cool during the fight. Take in the facts that Abel was basically backstabbed, the fights over and the adventurers just basically proved the point that they can't be trusted and are a threat. You can't really blaim Abel from wanting to go on the initiative.

It seems more likely that with the fight over and his waking mind responding in a flight and fight response, he's using less his anolitical mind and with cubi having a much longer emotional cool off period now his emotions are hijacking his brain
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

KarlOmega1

Pyroduck seems to have things under control...for now.

Also, I noticed Ambar linked to the Las Lindas comic. seems a certain demon mare made a cameo in one of the panels.
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

YawnPB

Mugger from My Life with Fel is also in the pic. Same panel as Kria, on the right.
Lurkus Wallflowerus

AmigaDragon

Quote from: MT Hazard on January 04, 2013, 08:53:43 AMIt seems becoming a cubi causes something of a backslide in maturity and self control,

They don't suddenly become cubi, their cubi nature is revealed at maturity.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Tapewolf

Quote from: AmigaDragon on January 10, 2013, 12:45:43 AM
Quote from: MT Hazard on January 04, 2013, 08:53:43 AMIt seems becoming a cubi causes something of a backslide in maturity and self control,

They don't suddenly become cubi, their cubi nature is revealed at maturity.

This is true, but Hazard is right in the sense that once their 'Cubi abilities start to come online their behaviour starts to become more erratic.  (See page 1207)