12/25/2012 [PF Filler] - Taun just doesn't get it

Started by Eboreg, December 25, 2012, 08:32:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eboreg

I made it a game of seeing how many characters I can recognize. I actually saw one that appeared only in Turning a New Page.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

joshofspam

Must be interesting when your a cubi from two clans and both invite you on the same day to a party.

Especially when your clans are Daryil's and Taun's. Then again, sometimes I wonder if there might be a little more to why Taun doesn't like Dayil so much, besides her old school views on clan politics.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

If anyone is interested, I have listed the people in the Daryil clan and friends.  There are about six identifiable people in the Taun gathering, but only Illiath, Taun and Quill are recognisable.  Merlin has drawn Jeremiah the husky, his mother and Illiath's mother are also present.

https://www.weasyl.com/view/75676

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Madmann135

I spy with my beady eye a panther singing.  Now this got me wondering if Panther R-Mac can sing.
and I don't mean the meow mix song.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Merlin

First off, I never would have put that many people in a comic if I had to colour it myself, so I'd just like to say Tape did an excellent job of it! Second off, I'm here to share sketches!

So the sketch for this one? Was done over three different layers (background, characters, and guidelines) in five different colours just to keep things visibly separate. Ton of different line widths for the final inks, too, but that's a little obvious.

Here's the first draft and the subsequent revision. There were more changes made during inking, too!

I totally lost count of how many people are in this comic, by the way. But here's some other random trivia:
-the three non-Taun heraldic symbols off the balcony are legit rolls of arms, though coloured different, of course
-the coat of arms in the very, very back of Taun's meeting is a slightly modified Canadian coat of arms, eh
-drunken conga-lines would probably be a lot harder with wings

Tapewolf

It didn't really look like a conga line in the initial draft with Fi, but I really did like how Jakob seemed to be drunkenly trying to hit on Daryil (or Simeon as it was actually supposed to be)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Yeah, I'm not sure which of those two parties I'd want to go to, actually.

I mean, if it wasn't for the karaoke, it'd be a slam dunk, but... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears