I'm back

Started by Ryudo Lee, December 17, 2012, 03:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryudo Lee

Hello again!  I went away for a time a long while ago, but now I've come back.  Now I have lots of time on my hands, no thanks to unemployment.  Yup, I got canned.  I've been spending a lot of time job hunting, and shotgunning my resume all over job boards.  Otherwise, I've spent a load of time on Minecraft, Skyrim, and various other games.  Then I remembered you guys!  I'm glad to see my account wasn't locked for inactivity.

Let's see, a few recent points of news for anyone interested...

• As I said, I lost my job.  That was a SNAFU and a half there.
  • I've been losing many many hours in Minecraft, on a couple of different servers.
  • I don't know if I told anyone here, but my old cat Sonny ran away.  :<  On the positive side, I got a new kitten.  He is a Maine Coon, and I have named him Mister, and he has gotten HUGE.  (Bonus points for anyone who gets the reference.)
  • I am now the Head Storyteller for a Vampire the Masquerade LARP, called Louisiana Revolt.  It is Anarch genre.  We are part of an organization known as One World By Night.
  • My mom fell and broke her hip.  As it turned out, she only fractured the ball joint.  They replaced it with a metal one.  She's recovered quite well, and is walking a treadmill over a mile every other day.
  • I'm not sure if anyone remembers her, but our very old cat Sissy died.  :cry
  • My sister and niece have moved to Texas.  My niece, if anyone remembers, is autistic.  The State and the school system have been extremely accommodating for them, which is just fantastic.

And that's all the important bits.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Tapewolf

Glad to have you back!

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Inumo

Hey there Ryudo! Seems like you've been busy (or, in some cases, distressingly not so). Best of luck in finding a job, and welcome back!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Heya! Glad to hear someone else is getting sucked into minecraft. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

techmaster-glitch

Whoa! I totally missed this. Welcome back, Ryudo, haven't seen you in ages! I don't suppose you've been looking into the Haunted Ballroom since you got back? Activity there has -really- slowed down since you were last here...