Anyone know what this game is?

Started by Kitsune Ascendant, October 21, 2006, 01:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune Ascendant

I remember, the first level (and I think the first few levels had these slug things that would could kill you instantly, and you had to stomp them. and then in later levels, there was something or other in a cage. and it was hard. I only got the first two or three levels

hope someone can ID it. sorry I can't remember more
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

Roureem Egas

It'd help if you tell us what system it was for. At this moment, nothing comes to mind.

Kitsune Ascendant

PC, I think. It was around when I was fairly young, so I'd have to say probably around the dos gaming era.
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

Zedd

Vidar

"Out of this world" or "Another world", depending on whether you live in Europe, or elsewhere. The game is also avalable on snes, and there is a remake here.

Cool game, finished it many times.  :batman
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Zedd

Darkmoon

Yeah, it was an adventure game. Out of this World. Genesis and SNES. It was followed up by another game from the same company (although unreleated plotwise)... Trying to rememebr that name...

screwit. Read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Another_World_%28video_game%29
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Saist

wow... I'm impressed by some of the graphical tricks they pulled. I'm trying hard to come up with any other game from that Era that did the whole laser moving INTO the screen.

Makes me want to find the rom for this :)

Darkmoon

It's a fantastic game, on any platform.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Manawolf

Man could this game use a follow up.

Vidar

It HAS a follow up: "Heart of the alien" for the sega mega-cd.
I never played it: I was a Nintendo guy.

Manawolf

A full 3D version.  Would be interesting how it takes the change.  It alrady uses a number of 3D elements already.

Vidar

Not really: all the polygonal graphics are 2d. Even the movie-sequences are renderd in 2d. If it looks 3d, it's because the programmers and artists were being clever and imaginitive.

Also, IMHO the adventure genre works best in 2d.

Manawolf

Link's been doing okay for himself, though.

Vidar

Manawolf

Looks like even this game could have a problem with getting lost, even in 2D.

I'm also reminded of Mega Man Legends, what with the charge up gun.

Jack McSlay

I think it can be in both 2d and 3d. I only think it gets compleacted when you're doing a 2d+3d game. no matter how well detailed the objects are, you can always tell what parts of the scenario are movable
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.