16/07/2012 [DMFA #1324] Please hold whi-- KRSH*

Started by RandomMetaphysics, July 16, 2012, 03:55:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshofspam

Quote from: lycaonpictus77 on July 16, 2012, 06:58:27 PM
I don't even know who I want to show up, just that I'm very, very excited.

Could get rather dicey if Devon decided to finally meet Abel at the inn at this moment.

Adding an undead sounds like adding TNT to an already unstable situation. Though I guess adding Kria could be worst.... >:3
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

e_voyager

if Lorenda was there then chances are between her Abel and Wildy the fight would be over already.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

KiloFoxx

Quote from: joshofspam on July 16, 2012, 07:44:20 PM
Quote from: lycaonpictus77 on July 16, 2012, 06:58:27 PM
I don't even know who I want to show up, just that I'm very, very excited.

Could get rather dicey if Devon decided to finally meet Abel at the inn at this moment.

Adding an undead sounds like adding TNT to an already unstable situation. Though I guess adding Kria could be worst... >:3
OOH that sounds fun! havn't seen him in a while

Bruinthor

Maybe Jy should have mentioned that Wildy was involved. The 911 operator might take that more seriously.

maus_merryjest

Jyrras: "There's a Flying Ferret of Death involved in the fight."

Operator: ".... please go to a safe place, ma'am, we're sending out the Gryphon Guard..."

(I always imagined that Jyrras' voice would be high pitched enough that he'd be mistaken for a woman over the phone XD that's just me, though XD )

justacritic

Wait I just realized something, isn't Jyrras still under that bachelor of the year award? If so we have a high chance of bodyguards appearing over the horizon, most likely Kria and what would happen when she sees Abel? Awkward....

Ryy Lazurus

I can't believe we all forgot about something.

They thought it a routine cubi hunt.

They thought they could handle it.

Then the ferret entered the fight and they thought things couldn't get worse. . .

They were wrong.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

Way of the Drake!

Bruinthor

And Pip might literally eat them alive
tho he does have enemy identification problems

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Wanderer on July 16, 2012, 07:39:23 PM
Quote from: MT Hazard on July 16, 2012, 06:19:49 PM
Looks like the action people really want to see is just off the page (*Shrip* eeek! My dress!)

Gen's nudity has a strange habit of happening offscreen. Almost as if someone was deliberately censoring the comic...  ~_^

Not always offscreen.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Brunhidden

tangent thought- in a world where much of your law enforcement is made of adventurers, would you not have a system of control for when an adventurer gets out of hand? you know it must happen, not only those who abuse their power but also those who somehow got the wrong memo on who needs a facefull of sword. there thus must be some method of shutting down adventurers.

it happens with real cops too. not only do they self regulate (contrary to popular belief about the 'thin blue line' cops typically come down like a ton of bricks on anyone who makes the rest of them look bad) but they also have  a formal system involving something called an inspector. yes, like gadget. the idea is that there is a set number of inspectors per state, each of which is disguised as a new transfer officer from another district, but is actually there to record how everyone in that precinct acts and report on such. thus officers who misbehave or precincts that are crooked have a detailed list of who is screwing up and they get some burly men show up and demand their badge.

keep in mind, a saying among law enforcement is when you put on your badge you put one foot in a prison cell and theres a district attorney behind you waiting to push. yes, far more police officers in the states get arrested then get killed in the line of duty.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Amber Williams

Actually!  There are law enforcements that aren't adventurers.   Quite a few, I dare say the majority aren't actually adventurers.  (Unfortunately, much like Cubi...due to the nature of the main cast, you are more likely to encounter adventurers than guards)  The type of law enforcement is based on the type of area though. Kingdoms usually have militia and guards,  places like Zinvth the enforcement is more akin to officers as well as several of the creatures in charge taking an active role in the area's protection themselves.  Adventurers tend to be considered more free agents and in some areas aren't very welcome as they are considered hired mercenaries or goons.   Where as in other areas, adventurers are not only a welcome addition, but some communities use them as readily as they do their local law enforcement.   Some areas will see adventurers as the good hearted folk that can be hired to stand up against forces and protect the weak...some areas see adventurers as groups who step over their own law enforcers to seek out petty crimes and murder under the guise of "justice".

The main issue is that while several adventuring groups network and regulate...there is nothing that can truly stop another adventuring group from taking on those jobs that can be considered less than savory, and it would not be the first time that an adventuring group ends up clashing with another adventuring group who has goals opposite to one another.   Or clashing with the local law enforcement, or clashing with the kitchen sink.  Considering how many areas have different laws and rules regarding things, it's not too surprising that such clashes happen.  Especially when a law can drastically change simply by stepping outside city limits.

There really isn't a complete all-encompassing set of rules and regulations because there is so many various factors and organizations present.  So things tend to be handled on a case by case basis at best.

:tmyk

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

justacritic

Quote from: Amber Williams on July 19, 2012, 05:06:40 AM
Actually!  There are law enforcements that aren't adventurers.   Quite a few, I dare say the majority aren't actually adventurers.  (Unfortunately, much like Cubi...due to the nature of the main cast, you are more likely to encounter adventurers than guards)  The type of law enforcement is based on the type of area though. Kingdoms usually have militia and guards,  places like Zinvth the enforcement is more akin to officers as well as several of the creatures in charge taking an active role in the area's protection themselves.  Adventurers tend to be considered more free agents and in some areas aren't very welcome as they are considered hired mercenaries or goons.   Where as in other areas, adventurers are not only a welcome addition, but some communities use them as readily as they do their local law enforcement.   Some areas will see adventurers as the good hearted folk that can be hired to stand up against forces and protect the weak...some areas see adventurers as groups who step over their own law enforcers to seek out petty crimes and murder under the guise of "justice".

The main issue is that while several adventuring groups network and regulate...there is nothing that can truly stop another adventuring group from taking on those jobs that can be considered less than savory, and it would not be the first time that an adventuring group ends up clashing with another adventuring group who has goals opposite to one another.   Or clashing with the local law enforcement, or clashing with the kitchen sink.  Considering how many areas have different laws and rules regarding things, it's not too surprising that such clashes happen.  Especially when a law can drastically change simply by stepping outside city limits.

There really isn't a complete all-encompassing set of rules and regulations because there is so many various factors and organizations present.  So things tend to be handled on a case by case basis at best.

:tmyk
And now we understand why Demons consider lawyers evil

Sofox

Quote from: justacritic on July 19, 2012, 10:20:48 AM

How the heck do lawyers even operate in a place where the law changes if you take ten steps from your current location?

LionHeart

Quote from: Sofox on July 19, 2012, 12:04:35 PM

How the heck do lawyers even operate in a place where the law changes if you take ten steps from your current location?
I'd imagine that that is precisely the kind of place that would keep lawyers very busy indeed...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Drakkenmensch

The thought  occurs that Mab's masterplan has already saved the life of one of her friends just now.

Imagine for a second that the adventurers had walked into the inn, looking for a cubi but being unsure which one... and Pyroduck had been there chatting with Alexsi.

Creature with wings + not too bright kill-happy mercs = dead Pyroduck, faster than Abel could have reacted.

Mab saw it coming, of course.

MT Hazard

Quote from: Drakkenmensch on July 19, 2012, 02:39:36 PM
The thought  occurs that Mab's masterplan has already saved the life of one of her friends just now.

Imagine for a second that the adventurers had walked into the inn, looking for a cubi but being unsure which one... and Pyroduck had been there chatting with Alexsi.

Creature with wings + not too bright kill-happy mercs = dead Pyroduck, faster than Abel could have reacted.

Pyroduck? The dragon? The creature closest in power to the fey? Killed by being adventures? More likely Mab's plan was to save the adventures lives.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Sofox

Quote from: LionHeart on July 19, 2012, 12:17:42 PM
Quote from: Sofox on July 19, 2012, 12:04:35 PM

I'd imagine that that is precisely the kind of place that would keep lawyers very busy indeed...

You've got a good point there...

AmigaDragon

Quote from: MT Hazard on July 19, 2012, 06:38:47 PM
Quote from: Drakkenmensch on July 19, 2012, 02:39:36 PM

Pyroduck? The dragon? The creature closest in power to the fey? Killed by being adventures? More likely Mab's plan was to save the adventures lives.

But how powerful is a dragon of Ducky's age (whatever that is)? Surely they're not born with their full power.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Lurkie

Quote from: AmigaDragon on July 20, 2012, 04:10:15 PM
Quote from: MT Hazard on July 19, 2012, 06:38:47 PM

But how powerful is a dragon of Ducky's age (whatever that is)? Surely they're not born with their full power.

I'm sure that in comparison to other dragons, Pyroduck isn't very powerful.  According to the Dragon entry in Demonology 101, dragons build power as they age.  The dragon Balorie is mentioned there as being almost 58,000 years old, and is considered to be very young and not very powerful.  In contrast, Pyroduck was an infant during the Dragon-Cubi Wars, which began roughly 7,000 years ago.

How strong is he compared to the Blunt Object Brigade?  Only Amber knows for sure...
|  Space   ||   Space  ||  It's Hard  ||  A Place  ||  Burma  |
|  is Big  ||  is Dark ||   to Find   ||  to Park  ||  Shave  |