What Song Are You Listening To?

Started by xHaZxMaTx, August 25, 2006, 01:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill

Hmm. I never really got into Court. There's plenty of magic moments there, like, for instance, all of Schizoid, and Epitaph, but the album just doesn't give me the same amazing feeling that Red does. I won't use the dreaded "O" word, since it's one of the albums of all time. But, I've always been of the opinion that their true masterpiece was Red.

Leafar

bill

King Crimson - Larks' Tongues In Aspic - The Talking Drum

Every track but Exiles owns on this album. Fun stuff.

xHaZxMaTx

Muse / Black Holes and Revelations / Soldier's Poem

There is no justice in the world, and there never was.

bill

King Crimson - The Power To Believe - Level Five

This has the distinction of being the first KC song I listened to. And what a song it is.

xHaZxMaTx

Radiohead / Amnesiac / Like Spinning Plates

My brother says this is the beat from another of their songs (2+2=5, I think) played backwards, but I don't hear it.

Kasarn

Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on October 04, 2006, 05:01:32 PM
Radiohead / Amnesiac / Like Spinning Plates

My brother says this is the beat from another of their songs (2+2=5, I think) played backwards, but I don't hear it.

It's I Will and it's playing a lot faster.

xHaZxMaTx

Oh, ok, that makes more sense. :)

The White Stripes / White Blood Cells / We're Going to Be Friends

Supercheese

Tapewolf

Quote from: BillBuckner on October 04, 2006, 04:19:41 PM
Hmm. I never really got into Court. There's plenty of magic moments there, like, for instance, all of Schizoid, and Epitaph, but the album just doesn't give me the same amazing feeling that Red does. I won't use the dreaded "O" word, since it's one of the albums of all time. But, I've always been of the opinion that their true masterpiece was Red.
I'll have to try Red.  I'll agree that Court has its weak spots, like 'Talk to the Wind' which is a bit dull, and 'Moonchild' which is, frankly, shit.  Listening to about 8 minutes of random plink-plonk sounds is not quite what I'm into.  If they'd cut it at 3 minutes before it disintegrated it would be okay.  But 3 excellent tracks out of 5 isn't too bad :P

'The Camera Eye' - Rush
(I don't understand why they ditched the Oberheim OBX for an Xa after that album - it sounds much nicer.)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

King Of Hearts

BREAK OUT

by JAM project. The OP for Suoer Robot Wars OG: Divine Wars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSjkQom55Ek

Kasarn

Princess One Point Five - Closer Than This

Tapewolf

Octavarium (the whole album) - Dream Theatre

It was £4 at Music Zone, so I figured 'why not?'

Jim Halisstrad

Mindless Self Indulgence / You'll Rebel to anything / Shut me up

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

bill

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 05, 2006, 10:04:01 AM
Octavarium (the whole album) - Dream Theatre

It was £4 at Music Zone, so I figured 'why not?'

Hmm, the title track's good, but the rest is rather forgettable, IMO.

By the way, I think Dream Theater is a clear leader for "Most often misspelled band".

Neil Peart - R30 - Der Trommler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIPAXNGq7HE

Tapewolf

Quote from: BillBuckner on October 05, 2006, 03:22:04 PM
Hmm, the title track [of Octavarium] is good, but the rest is rather forgettable, IMO.

So far I'm rather fond of 'Root of All Evil', 'Panic Attack' and 'Never Enough'.  'Octavarium' is kind of patchy, I think the best bit is 'Intervals' which is about 5 minutes before the end.

As for the spelling, yeah, that's a pain.  Like 'Vapor Trails' and 'Color of Space' - I keep trying to spell them 'properly'.

'Never Enough' - Dream Theater

bill

"Full Circle" was my favorite section, just for the silly word-chain vocals.

"Jack the Ripper Owens Wilson Phillips and my Supper's Ready"

If you really want a good DT album, try Six Degrees. Damn pricy, though, but it's one of the few albums to pull off that oh-so-hard feat of having no weak tracks. And it's a double album, for chrissakes. Even Quadrophenia had it's weak points (Oddly, these were all in disc 1, which breaks every double-concept album tradition known to man), and as for The Wall... Shoulda been 1 album. The concept just didn't gel enough, especially at the opening. Though the film was excellent. (And here I go off topic) Anyways, Six Degrees is oddly underrated by DT fans, because it follows their supposed "masterpiece", "Scenes from a Memory", which is one of my least favorite concept albums ever. It makes the storyline of "The Wall" seem cohesive. But I digress (again).

xHaZxMaTx

Radiohead / Knives Out [US CD] / Life in a Glass House [Full Length Version]

And wouldn't you know it, the next song is:

Radiohead / Amnesiac / Life in a Glass House

:rolleyes

Kasarn

Triple J radio playing Placebo from 2004 at the Hordern Pavilion, Sydney
http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/livemusic/line_up.htm

xHaZxMaTx

Muse / Absolution / Ruled by Secrecy

komissarmakarov

Miaka

"the Vicious Cabaret"!

"They say than there's a broken light for every heart of broadway, they say that life's a game and then take board away, they give you masks and costumes and an outline of the story, then tell us all to improvise this vicious cabaret!"

Kasarn

Powderfinger - Forum Theatre, Melbourne, 2000 - These Days

Toric

Yap by Silver.

vulpesweasel

Tsnuami Bomb-The Invasion from Within (great song, so overlooked)

xHaZxMaTx

Rammstein / Reise Reise[Digipak] [UK] / Reise Reise

Kickass. :cool

Suwako

Ill nino - How can I live

all it doesn't mean, all it doesn't mean, how can I life without you?

xHaZxMaTx

Muse / Absolution / Blackout

The piano part's crazy! :O

Suwako

Ill nino - If you still hate me

The feelings you are breaking, Are feelings I was faking. My eyes begin to shut, my life's a bitch