Hi from a new member, and a question!

Started by Beeks, May 23, 2012, 09:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beeks

:eager

You guys are awesome. I heard of DMFA in the past, but never read it until Sunday. Then, i read the WHOLE thing. Love it.

I'll elaborate on that if asked, but i had a question of my own:

Is it possible to get a matching front and side view of Pip? I'm an engineer and i'm trying to practice a bit more with surfacing in Solidworks, and Pip looks fun to make in 3d. A top view would be helpful too, but i bet that might be a little difficult. Believe it or not, i'm terrible at artwork... which is why i let 7,000 dollar computer programs do the work for me.

I was going to glean what i could from the comics themselves, but it turns out that even browsing comics at work could get me a little bit... fired.

If those drawings aren't available and it's too much work, no problem. I still love the comic. I'm a 31 year old guy, and i'd totally go gay for Jyrras. I wouldn't go gay for Jesus, k? But Jyrras? Aww yeah.

Ignuus66

Welcome! As for Pip, I'm guessing he looks like a snake with wings from the top.

(credit: Gabi)

Beeks

Indeed! I may have enough to build his head from the profile pics, and by going with your suggestion for the top. Maybe i can cobble him together, lol.

What'd be great is to convert him into a pattern, buy some yellow fabric and make a plushie, lol. I'll bet it wouldn't be horribly hard...

Ignuus66

Don't forget too add a steel frame, and make it play techno with 1 hundred decibles.  :3

(credit: Gabi)

Beeks

Well, if i built it 1:1, that'd be entirely possible, TBH. I was hoping to build a baby one, lol. I always say "build", regardless of whether that's the correct verb or not... but really, a plushie with a 6061 aluminum frame would be pretty badass. Posable an stuff. Also, if Pip's made of soft aluminum, he's nonmagnetic and is easily subdued should he get me confused with Dan.