CVRPG Year One: Heroes Unite

Started by Destina Faroda, August 01, 2006, 09:09:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destina Faroda

It's interesting to see the early days of Darkmoon and Alec, especially when interspersed with OotD episodes of Fridays.  We get to see the progression in his character from evil to good, while at the same time seeing how the character hasn't changed all that much.
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

I had intended for D to be more tough guy like... but somewhere along the way the character changed for me. I dunno that he'll ever really be a hero now. ;)

It is nice getting to focus on the two of them. We never really did that in the comic, what with jumping right into intro'ing Princess, and then immediately dealing with Dracula...

Nikki

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Gabi

Yes, I rarely like prequels, but this one's getting interesting. And it also serves as a reminder of what a <insert correct slang word because I can't think of the right one> Alex was at the beginning.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Darkmoon

Noob? ;)

The main reason for this prequel is to retell the adventure from the RPG. There was a lot of chaarcter development and so forth that I was privy to that readers weren't. Since the RPG is no more (literally eaten in a forum crash), this was the best thing I could come up with.

Gabi

Ah! That will be interesting to learn about. :)

Destina Faroda

I'm going to wonder how you're going to plot the current arc and Out of the Darkness so that one doesn't spoil the other one too badly.  Right now it seems like their overlapping and intertwining, which is good...but how long can you keep it up so that one doesn't "ruin" the other?

I loved the punchline, as CVRPG made me forget all about Alucard.
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

Well that would be the trick then, wouldn't it. I won't deny that there could be issues if I don't balance it right.

Destina Faroda

Okay, Raye is trying to get Darkmoon to come back to Drac, but the events of the Vampire Party imply that she's on her own.  Does this mean that the plan she has in mind is not connected Drac's actions at the beginning of the comic (stealing Katrina's travel journal or wondering where the heroes are)?   Or is this more closely related to the cryptic conversation in which she seems to not carry the whole woman scorned scthick Darkmoon?

Speculation...hmm...could Raye have gotten a soul of her own by fighting for it a la Spike from Buffy?

I'm rambling...ignore. ;)
Sig coming...whenever...

Gabi

As long as he doesn't just follow her to the castle to find out how she's planning to get him there... :tongue

Darkmoon

Oh no, nothing of the sort, Gabi.

Gabi

Interesting tactic. It makes sense.