[Art Game] The Word Game

Started by Nyil, April 06, 2012, 04:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nyil

Hey all! The Tower of Art seems to be a little on the dead side lately, so I thought I'd come up with a little game to get more participation and activity in this desolate place. And what better way to do that than with a game?

The game:
I will start things by posting a word and a picture of that word. The next participant will take that word, put another word after it, and draw their combination. The next person will drop the last word (the original word) and add their own word, and draw the new combination, and so on and so forth. The drawings and concepts can be as simple or complex as the artist wants, and as silly or serious, etc. Just have fun with it!

Example:
Face
Horse face
Horse hair
Curly hair
Curly fries
Cheese fries
Rotten cheese
Rotten zombie
Zombie hamster
Etc.

The Rules:
This is just a game to encourage participation within the Tower of Art. I would like people of all sorts to post and play, including people who generally don't consider themselves to be artists. Thus, the first rule will be this:
1.) No critique or criticism. Let's keep this as a fun and friendly game for artists of all levels!
This includes sending a person an unwanted critique in a private message.
2.) Keep it PG-13
3.) Be sure to post your word combination above or below your picture, so that we know what's being drawn.
4.) Post as frequently or as infrequently as you desire

Things to keep in mind:
Many words and combinations can have more than one meaning! For example, a tank could be a large container or a big mechanical armored vehicle with a giant gun coming out of it, and a flaming star could be the sun, Paris Hilton on fire, or Elton John.

So, without further ado, I'll kick us off!

http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae343/Nyil_Hegedu/appleexercize-1.jpg
The word: Apple
A drop of water shall be returned with a burst of spring.

Interested in high fantasy and art nouveau? Check out my art page! http://www.furaffinity.net/user/nyil/

Turnsky

"Apple Tree"  >:3

have fun with that one, folks.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Merlin

..."Fruit tree"

with apologies to Tapewolf! SOMETIMES I JUST NEED TO DRAW DARYIL OK, I'M AWARE OF MY PROBLEM.

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ignuus66

Fail spacescape

(made with gimp)
Good luck  :mwaha

(credit: Gabi)

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Merlin

Nyil

A drop of water shall be returned with a burst of spring.

Interested in high fantasy and art nouveau? Check out my art page! http://www.furaffinity.net/user/nyil/

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ignuus66

(credit: Gabi)

Lore

WhiteFox

Bird Bath

Sorry for the poor image quality, H2 pencils don't scan very well.

...Let me know if you see them.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Merlin

Quote from: WhiteFox on April 12, 2012, 08:30:03 PM
...Let me know if you see them.

I can see 'em fine :3

Next one:

"Blood bath"