The Stooges!

Started by joshofspam, March 18, 2012, 01:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshofspam

I don't know what to take from the commercials thus far.

But it seems like Hollywood is resurrecting another fond memory from my childhood. :zombiekun2

I will say this, if the movie industry screws this movie up, then they deserve to die out like the dinosaurs.

You can't mess up the Stooges...Can you?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Kafzeil

Well, might not be so bad, I mean who's directing--Oh The Farrelly Brothers.

Well, crap.

WHile one can debate the quality of the Brothers' films (I say they peaked at Me, Myself, and & Irene before paragilding over the shark) I feel that the Farrelly's comic antics wouldn't match well with the Stooges. Or at least fail to emulate them.

And let's face it, using nostalgia to get people might not pay off. Especially using icons as well regarded and as generation transcending as the Stooges. People of all ages hold the Stooges to a very high degree.  Nostalgia will get people in seats Opening day, but if poor word of mouth from pissed off fans is harsh enough, that turn out will drop like a stone.

Well, I suppose I should thank God its not being made by Happy Madison at least.
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

Alondro

I can see it now:

The Three Stooges Meet The Transformers, directed by Michael Bay

It would have to be seen just for the shock value.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

joshofspam

Quote from: Alondro on March 19, 2012, 10:37:15 AM
I can see it now:

The Three Stooges Meet The Transformers, directed by Michael Bay

It would have to be seen just for the shock value.

Why not?

We had them on Scooby Doo.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.