Shadow of Destiny?

Started by Xuzaf D, September 06, 2005, 12:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xuzaf D

Anyone else play this early PS2 game? It has to do with getting your charactor stabbed a lot, time travel, and a shemale.

Darkmoon

Wow, my interest is piqued, certainly.

Xuzaf D

The story of the game is this: You have just died, and now an odd voice says it will bring you back and give you a time machine (digipad) to help prevent your demise. So you get back and have to find out just who it is who's trying to kill you, but since your charactor isn't smart enough to look for the murderer and instead goes for a "travel a hundred years to the past = quick fix" method of solving the problem. This leads to your character (name of Ike Kusch or something like that) being murdered at the beginning of every chapter.

Anyway, the gameplay isn't going to thrill anyone here. Classic PC style game where you walk up people and things just for the chance to walk up to more people and things and try using every item in your bottomless pocket to get some sort of reaction. The only things that keeps the game from going stale are the multiple plot paths (with 5 to 7 endings depending on how you count it) and the sense of urgency created by the fact that someone wants to stab you or drop fine china on your head.

The story was really something special. After playing through the game and getting all five regular endings there is an extra ending that becomes available. It's kind of short, but an interesting addition.

Mageknight Locke

you means shadow of memories? that game is funny as hell at points, *points mobile phone at medival peasants* 'do what i say or ill trap you in this magic box'  :mwaha

Xuzaf D

Yes, that's the other title of the game. Destiny actual has the original gameshow trailers and shows its original title in one of them. Can't say I know the reason for the name change.

Damaris

I think my brothers might actually have the game, although I'm not sure.  I seem to remember they thought game play went rather quickly.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber