Why Oh Why

Started by Balu, January 09, 2012, 01:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balu

That is really sad news that after issue 4 Cut Loose will be Out of Order  :mowsad
any more infos ?? DidnĀ“t it go good ??

Gyr

Cut Loose is ending for 2 reasons, one artistic, and one business.

Actually, the business reason Cut Loose did neutral. 

It's inflow just almost matched it's outflow (slight loss).  While in a hobby, this is great, but as a business RCSI Publishing needs to make an income.  And when the artist's paychecks are running about 102% of the intake for the comic, it's not a good investment.

The other reason.  Dagny's asked to end the her run on Cut Loose so she can pursue other art and interests.  We looked around for another artist briefly, but in reality, Dagny's art is what made Donna and Frankie who and what they are, and while another artist could conceivably fill her shoes, it wouldn't be the same.  (In that vein, finding another artist who's capable of pulling off the quality that's currently on the site plus being someone whom the comic can afford...  Well, most of those are already involved in their own projects)

We do have a good bit of time before the end.  Chapter 4 is the longest of all the chapters.  Plus we've got some nice bonuses planned for the end of the run.

Code Name: Hunter
Adventure, Magic and Hounds with Guns.

Balu

*nods* the business reason I can relate to and about Dagny that was my guess
Sad but I will stay a fan to the end ^^

Raneko

I suddenly feel real. Bad about subscribing to the comic once every two months just so I could enjoy larger helpings. Hearing that this is going to be the last chapter makes me feel. Like I never supported the comic like I should have..

But I'm a optimist maybe some day it will comeback. After all stranger things have happened.

Balu

and so it ends
It was a great ride which I enjoyed extremly
and it looks like Donna and Frankie are some sort of couple now.  Cute
But somehow I have the feeling that something is missing like a Group picture of all the Furs who where in the comic as some sort of closing for it.

Gyr

I tried to talk her into a cast picture for the end, but it hasn't happened yet, unfortunately.

It'd be nice tho, and lots of people to showcase. 
Code Name: Hunter
Adventure, Magic and Hounds with Guns.