[Art] Kumiko's Artwork (UPDATED 7/16/12) The Two Are Friends

Started by KumikoTsumi, November 25, 2011, 05:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kipiru

Again, I can't stop smirking when I look at this. You art reminds me that it's not all about smooth anatomy or straight lines, but about feeling. And your pictures so far have tons of it! I love the context you put in, I can't wait to see if you will get my poor Kipiru into any more crazy situations :)

VAE

Quote from: Kipiru on December 27, 2011, 03:52:39 PM
Again, I can't stop smirking when I look at this. You art reminds me that it's not all about smooth anatomy or straight lines, but about feeling. And your pictures so far have tons of it! I love the context you put in, I can't wait to see if you will get my poor Kipiru into any more crazy situations :)

Bloody bulgarian! How can you say the same sort of thing I thought that much better than myself managed to! Unfair!  :mowhappy
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Kipiru

Quote from: VAE on December 27, 2011, 04:40:01 PM
Quote from: Kipiru on December 27, 2011, 03:52:39 PM

Bloody bulgarian! How can you say the same sort of thing I thought that much better than myself managed to! Unfair!  :mowhappy

AAAHAHAHAHAHHAHA....draws breath...AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That made my day- you're OK VAE!  :mowwink

KumikoTsumi

Aww, thanks :D When I first started drawing I only drew faces and kept practicing facial expressions, guess it just comes naturally to me ^_^ Well, I'm off to draw MORE pictures!
As E is saying in the drawing....I feel....FESTIVE! :D

e_voyager

Indeed i do. i seem to have a bit of a robot blush going on in this pic. nicely done
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

KumikoTsumi

KumikoTsumi

Hoo,boy...I've been away from this site for a long time...and my anatomy didn't get better but oh well, just keep on practicing... anyway here's my newest artwork for African American month.... "Steal Me Away" Reading teacher....Y U influence my work? :D

Kipiru

This actually shows great improvement. I love the dynamic pose and the effects on the hair. You are definitely getting better at coloring and inking  :mowhappy

KumikoTsumi

Thank you!  >:3 It's amazing what tutorials can do for me... I still think I might've made her too thin and too muscle-y at the same times...and it sort of looks like she might get knocked over by a leaf...the hair was fun to color though...

Inumo

I wouldn't worry too much about her proportions and overall size. I know plenty of people who are very skinny with a lot of tone to their muscles, so it looks fine to me. Interesting that African American month inspired you to draw her; she looks quite pale. The offset positioning of the drawing as a whole is interesting, though the way her shoulders are facing make it look more like she's hanging from something during a windy day instead of being pulled off screen (assuming that was your intention).  On a side note, because of that, when I saw her hair my first thought was "I mustache you a question". ^^; The pose overall seems kind of awkward, albeit possible, since her back and shoulders seem to point towards her right (our left) while her hips (and thus legs) seem to face the "camera" due to the fact that you can see a fairly large portion of her left leg. However, the eyes are very expressive, and I like the fact that you denoted the collar bone. Hope this all helps!

e_voyager

It's good to see you back Kumiko. also what's steal me away? i've not see that.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

KumikoTsumi

Thank you Inumo! I'll be sure to take more notice in the future. And e_Voyager, Steal Me Away isn't actually a movie..hehe..african slaves used to sing a song called "Steal Away" that indicated they were about to run away...or that's what my reading teacher told me... :mowwink

KumikoTsumi

Reo Khan!
Shinigami!
"If you want to die, step forward"
Meh, it was actually a sketch at first, but I decided to color it.
HE HAS TEH LIGHTNING POWAHS!!! :mwaha

KumikoTsumi

So, it's been WAY too long. School's almost over...and I have two new artworks...but they're for contests. Anyway, here's a quick look at them.
Winry Rockbell and the Ishvalan War from Fullmetal Alchemist!!!

For United Nations...there is this contest about nukes, so here's mother nature...?

Oh, and the description for this one...

Her hair clashes with fire and water. Her eyes are like the sun. As she holds Earth deed in her arms like a mother, she glares at the history of the nukes. The death it has caused and the pain. But deep inside, she knows. She knows the Nukes will be destroyed, and will wait for the day it will.

Ignuus66

But I digress, nukes can be used for good too! (think space exploration, a relatively clean energy source if we can contain it.. ect...) Humans just have a tendency to make the worst out of a good thing.
(also they stopped a world war 3 from breaking out, but that's debatable)

But about the art, your use of colors is very vibrant and imaginative, and you are REALLY good at drawing hair. (you earned yourself a new fan  :boogie)

(credit: Gabi)

VAE

Ignuus - not nukes as such, you are thinking nuclear energy.

However, the soviets have used nukes for mining and digging before, as I have read, and now that is bloody awesome.

Kumiko, I like the stuff as well, and second what was said about the colours. One thing - the earth seems to have a little too much, and differently organised continents - didn't recognise it at first.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

KumikoTsumi

Thank you! Hair has always been my strong suit...? I just realized my art teacher told me to fix the Earth but I forgot...shoot, thanks for reminding me. I shall go fix it now!!!

Ignuus66

Quote from: VAE on April 29, 2012, 08:29:50 PM
Ignuus - not nukes as such, you are thinking nuclear energy.

However, the soviets have used nukes for mining and digging before, as I have read, and now that is bloody awesome.
Have you ever heard of the (original) orion project? (also known as nuclear pulse propulsion) It (basically) consisted of throwing nuclear bombs behind the spacecraft every second, (it was proven to work using a mock model, the craft would NOT have exploded) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3Lxx2VAYi8

Now, a trial design of this spacecraft could have been crewed by 200 people, and been several thousand tons, and could have gone to mars and BACK in 4 weeks. (current FASTEST rockets would be 12 months, and substantially smaller)

However, it would be capable of so much more. Using materials available in the 1960-s, you could build a spacecraft that weighs 800 million tons, and has a carry capacity exceeding the massive carrier ships in water. IT would also be capable to accelerate to6-10% the speed of light.
At that speed we could reach a star WITHIN a human lifetime, and keep in mind this is with materials available in 1960....  This is known as the ONLY method of interstellar travel available to us (currently)

The only main problem with this is that it would need to use nukes to get off the ground too... Which would (hypothetically if launched in the middle of a massive uninhabited area) still cause enough radiation to kill 3 people.... But Overall there are things we use everyday that kill way more.

Also the fact that the nuclear test ban treaty does not allow the detonation of nukes above ground and in space might  be a problem, not to mention the fact that any sattalite in it's way would be toast, and it may cause large emp  to nearby sattelites too.

Anyhow this would be a very..... Human way of travel  :U

Back to the drawing: I don't think the earth really needs to look like earth, it just needs to symbolize it, as the entire drawing is already full of symbols..

(credit: Gabi)

justacritic

Anyway sis nice use of a film reel in her hand depicting human history, that's not an easy effect to bring out.

KumikoTsumi

OTL The arms are too short. QAQ

I thought maybe I'd ask for more anatomy advice before I made this a full artwork. Anyone wanna critique this blinding sketch? D:

KumikoTsumi

For my roleplay group...I think I did okay on the wolf, seeing how I never drew one or studied one before... hehe... :mowmeep

Tapewolf

The muzzle is a bit short, but that's the only thing which really strikes me as being off.  Ears could be longer.  I do love the fluffy look, though.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

KumikoTsumi

KumikoTsumi