15/09/2011 [DMFA #1245] - Needs more proofreading

Started by Tapewolf, September 15, 2011, 05:29:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Well, if he will leave them hanging out of his pocket like that...  I can see that in SAIA it would be a good idea to lock your terminal and make sure your office is warded.

I'd say that the other difference is that that kind of upbringing is going to leave you more sympathetic to Beings.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sofox

Ha, great strip.

It's great to see you there Tape.

I'm kinda having fun figuring out how Amber mixed the real you and your creations with the cameo in the DMFAverse (I'm assuming you didn't have much say in what your character's role would be). The pamphlet is reminding me of that Clan Daryil pamphlet and the documentary is reminding me of that parody Morrowind YouTube documentary. Then there's the interesting beings unexpectedly finding out they were Cubi and as well as the whole proactive approach in creating stuff. It all seems to work very well together.

Wanderer

justacritic

So when in doubt blame your parents?
It sounds like something newly adult cubi would do like
teenagers.
"I can't believe you got together you guys RUINED my LIFE"
:mowsad

Ghostwish

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 15, 2011, 05:29:51 AM
Well, if he will leave them hanging out of his pocket like that...  I can see that in SAIA it would be a good idea to lock your terminal and make sure your office is warded.

I'd say that the other difference is that that kind of upbringing is going to leave you more sympathetic to Beings.

And I'd say it seems your character has some very interesting editors. :P

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sofox on September 15, 2011, 05:58:58 AM
I'm kinda having fun figuring out how Amber mixed the real you and your creations with the cameo in the DMFAverse (I'm assuming you didn't have much say in what your character's role would be).

It's really difficult to talk about things like that without running the risk of treading on Amber's toes or making it sound like I'm trying to steer the plot somehow.  I did give her a prĂ©cis of Jakob's life, attitudes and so on but how closely she adheres to that is up to her.

QuoteThe pamphlet is reminding me of that Clan Daryil pamphlet and the documentary is reminding me of that parody Morrowind YouTube documentary. Then there's the interesting beings unexpectedly finding out they were Cubi and as well as the whole proactive approach in creating stuff. It all seems to work very well together.

In the original Chronicles series, Jakob's activities in this time period largely revolved around documentaries and filming.  During the height of Dan's career, Jakob was hoping to interview him as an example of a Creature Adventurer, figuring he was probably an Angel or something (and no, they didn't meet).
Though again, while Jakob was originally designed to be able to fit into DMFA fairly seamlessly as if he were a background character, I can only speak for 'Chronicles' canon - not DMFA.

Stig Hemmer

Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

joshofspam

Because most early life crisis's should have a pamphlet. >:3

Jacob's personality here makes me think he might have been raised as a Being too.

Though on a side note of things that I'm wondering what might come. I wonder if Dan is going to get a whole lot of love and hate letters, taped on his back, thrown at, passes by hand, stuffed in pockets, hidden in his books, placed in an area that he'll notice it?

Pamphlets seem like another way for some clans to say why their great as well. I wonder how many Dan will be given before his first day at school ends?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Quote from: joshofspam on September 15, 2011, 11:06:32 AM
Pamphlets seem like another way for some clans to say why their great as well. I wonder how many Dan will be given before his first day at school ends?
Hard to say.  It's not like he can easily join them, and with what amounts to a bounty on all the members of Cyra, any alliance is going to be a bit one-sided.

Attic Rat

A life lesson for us all: If you're going to hand out pamphlets, take a glance at it yourself before you show it off.

It'd be fun to see more of Dimanika, and how they interact. this is the only in-story mention I've seen of them besides Abel looking like one. Very mysterious clan...
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Attic Rat on September 15, 2011, 01:33:43 PM
A life lesson for us all: If you're going to hand out pamphlets, take a glance at it yourself before you show it off.

Indeed. Although, as Stig said, I think I also prefer the edited version. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

OminousShadow

Quote from: Attic Rat on September 15, 2011, 01:33:43 PM

It'd be fun to see more of Dimanika, and how they interact. this is the only in-story mention I've seen of them besides Abel looking like one. Very mysterious clan...

Abel looks like one of Quoar's Clan, not one of Dimanika's.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Sicill

Not sure about the edited version myself. I think people would tend to take offense to pamphlets that take shots at your parents.

joshofspam

Quote from: Sicill on September 15, 2011, 08:03:11 PM
Not sure about the edited version myself. I think people would tend to take offense to pamphlets that take shots at your parents.

Unless you consider Abel's dad of coarse. ;)

Though Abel would probably sharpen his claws on the person that talked about his mom like that. :erk
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Viking ZX

Somewhere, someone in SAIA must have a pretty good racket going as a "paper protector." After all, who want's their term paper modified behind their back?
I'm an author! Check out my site!

Lurkie

This strip had me laughing out loud for several minutes.  It's the expressions that do it for me (though the dialog is funny, too).  Amber is getting better with expressions all the time.  Jakob's in the second panel is just so... eager.  He looks like a new-on-the-job used-car salescubi.  Then there's Dan's befuddled look as he reads the pamphlet, and Mink's obliviously happy expression.  Not to mention Jakob's reaction.  (Okay, I mentioned it.  Nobody said that English-language idioms made sense.)

I can just imagine the, um, interesting month that Dan is going to have at SAIA, what with a clan full of tricksters attending.
|  Space   ||   Space  ||  It's Hard  ||  A Place  ||  Burma  |
|  is Big  ||  is Dark ||   to Find   ||  to Park  ||  Shave  |

Anker Steadfast

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Naldru

Quote from: Viking ZX on September 15, 2011, 09:11:58 PM
Somewhere, someone in SAIA must have a pretty good racket going as a "paper protector." After all, who want's their term paper modified behind their back?

The teachers would probably view the ability to stop their paper from being modified as an integral part of the grade like spelling and grammar.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Valynth

Quote from: Naldru on September 16, 2011, 05:42:55 PM
Quote from: Viking ZX on September 15, 2011, 09:11:58 PM

The teachers would probably view the ability to stop their paper from being modified as an integral part of the grade like spelling and grammar.

And conversely there could be class where modifying a student's paper without them knowing till the hand-in is a part of the grading.  Two birds one big stone.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)