Pedaling Paws 2011 is coming soon!

Started by Alondro, September 04, 2011, 11:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

I'm going to get the website updated for this year's bike-a-thon. Pretty much all the same as 2010, just the dates are slightly different. Next year I'll have new T-shirt designs which will be permanently available.

I'd appreciate people spreading the word! It's a month and a half until the ride. I only need 40 people to donate $10 to make it to $1000, and therefore 100 miles! (every $10 donated adds 1 mile to my route) But every donation adds to it, every dollar pushes me a little further along.

www.unitedpawsstudios.org

Paypal is unitedpa[at]unitedpawsstudios.org

Those filling out a Paypal donation don't need to fill out the paper form, just give me their name and address in the note along with the donation if they'd like a receipt for tax purposes. Since UPA is a 501©3, the donations are tax-deductible.

We'll be creating new concept work this year, a full-color from Hibbary and another by a new addition to the crew, King Cabbage. Also, I expect to have enough funds for perhaps a full set of storyboards for one of the animation shorts!

And since half of the donations go directly to public television (WHYY in Philadelphia now that NJN is no longer around), your donation is very helpful as public television needs public support more than ever before! The states and federal government used up too much money, and cut science and PBS heavily rather than touch projects that generate votes for them. :P That's politics for ya. Anyway, it's up to all of us now, and public television has given us so many wonderful shows over the years: Sesame Street, Mr. Roger's Neighborhood, Reading Rainbow, NOVA, National Geographic, Nature, Wild America. Not to mention, it was the only place I could watch Doctor Who, Carl Sagan's "Cosmos" series, and many other shows I might never have heard of otherwise, including a favorite special of mine, "Alone in the Wilderness", which is a fantastic documentary about a man who moved to Alaska to see if he could live more or less on his own out there. His strength, determination, simple wisdom and kind nature was inspirational.

I owe much to public television. Let us all help as we can!
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Alondro on September 04, 2011, 11:33:41 PM
I'd appreciate people spreading the word! It's a month and a half until the ride. I only need 40 people to donate $10 to make it to $1000, and therefore 100 miles!

Maybe it's just me, maybe I'm missing something, but I think your math is a little off, there. Or is there already a chunk donated?

Edit:
Also, your link is incorrect...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Alondro

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 06, 2011, 12:26:24 PM
Quote from: Alondro on September 04, 2011, 11:33:41 PM
I'd appreciate people spreading the word! It's a month and a half until the ride. I only need 40 people to donate $10 to make it to $1000, and therefore 100 miles!

Maybe it's just me, maybe I'm missing something, but I think your math is a little off, there. Or is there already a chunk donated?

Edit:
Also, your link is incorrect...

Yes, I'm already up to about $600.  :3

Link fixed. 
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Alondro on September 07, 2011, 02:00:26 PM
Yes, I'm already up to about $600.  :3

Ah, that would explain it. Grats on getting that far, and good luck with the remainder. I'd chip in myself, but I'm already doing a half marathon fundraising thing on the 9th October...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Alondro

Less than one month left!

I'm up to 73.5 miles now!  Nearly 3/4 of the way to the goal!

Just a little more!  $10 from 27 people will put me over the top!  :D

Sofox

You know, your website is still listing 2010 as the year for Pedaling Paws.

On top of that, if I click the link of "PayPal" link on your Donate page, I just get sent back to the Donate page. In fact, I don't think your website contains any way to donate by PayPal, just the snail mail methods.

Just letting you know.

Sofox

One other thing, it's unclear when sending through PayPal, whether to mark it as Personal/Business and respectively Gift/Payment Owed/Services/etc. There doesn't seem to be a Charity option.

Alondro

Quote from: Sofox on September 27, 2011, 04:33:37 AM
You know, your website is still listing 2010 as the year for Pedaling Paws.

On top of that, if I click the link of "PayPal" link on your Donate page, I just get sent back to the Donate page. In fact, I don't think your website contains any way to donate by PayPal, just the snail mail methods.

Just letting you know.

Yes, I have to bug Dmoon to update! 

Alondro

I did 44 miles yesterday as my 'warm-up' portion, stayed over at my aunt's house, and then today biked the longest stretch: 109 miles in 12 hours! 

And oddly it wasn't nearly as agonizing as I expected!  I can still stand up!  :D

Tomorrow is the last bit, about 60 miles or so, whatever it takes, to get to the Jersey Shore and back.

Sofox

Awesome! All the best, we're all rooting for you!

Alondro

I did it!  I went all the way to the shore and back today, which ended up making the trip actually 220 miles total, but what the heck is 10 more miles at that distance anyway, right?

So then... I died...  :grave

Charline was pleased...  :dancinggrave

But then, Twilight Sparkle appeared and raised me back to LIFE by replacing my Spark!!   :cvsoul

*insane smile, eyes point in different directions*  ANDNOWEREGONNAGETMARRIEDANDHAVEBABIES!!!   :superlick

*is hit with a dart and falls over... then is dragged out by his characters*  Don't worry, Charles is just ODing from his massive adrenaline rush.  He'll be fine after the sedat... uhm... after he gets his needed sleep.

Sofox

Contratulations Alondro. Great cycling!

That's quite a lot of cycling. Hope great things come to United Paws in the future! You've got a great commitment to it!