Tony Jay R.I.P.

Started by Netami, August 17, 2006, 05:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Netami

"While some may not know his face, there's plenty of gamers who know and love the voice of Tony Jay.

Having portrayed such characters as MegaByte from Reboot, the Elder God from the Legacy of Kain and Soul Reaver titles, as well as having a smattering of other roles in games such as World of Warcraft, Fallout, and The Bard's Tale. Tony Jay also voiced in such Disney films as The Hunchback from Notre Dame and Treasure Planet, as well as providing the voice for Shere-Kahn in later updates of The Jungle Book. He passed away at the age of 73 due to complications from tumor surgery."

:tired

llearch n'n'daCorna

It must be a day for it. The Maori Queen passed away today as well. Or possibly yesterday, it's tricky to tell, since she was on the other side of the world.

*sigh* "They shall be missed", eh?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Blazehawk

But I needs my Elder God... *sniffle*

He will be dearly missed.    :[

Lysander

Yes..."complications."
I remember the Elder God voice most from the others. He did some great works. :januscat
TytajLucheek

topher chee

Aridas

topher, could you quit it with your short, meaningless replies? they're unnecessary, and in this case, kinda disrespectful. "poor d00d"? That's like laughing during the funeral... It makes you sound like you don't care. I'm not saying that's what you're doing, but at least this once your post could have a little more value, couldn't it? We're talking about someone important (in a sentimental way) to us and you can only find two words to say?

Zedd

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Damnit there was gonna be a 5th or 6th LOK game soon!