06/08/2011 [DMFA# 1235] Packing light

Started by Anker Steadfast, August 06, 2011, 07:04:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anker Steadfast

Seems that Dan's old adventuring days may have some use in real life too.
for all we know, it's a bag of holding, and he's bringing his entire closet of clothes.  :D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

MT Hazard

If you think about it he would find most things he needs as SAIA, even clothes. Not needing to eat or sleep cuts the list down further. Plus I imagine there is at least one shop there, you could probably arrive with nothing but the clothes on your back and a wallet and be okay.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on August 06, 2011, 07:04:47 AM
for all we know, it's a bag of holding, and he's bringing his entire closet of clothes.  :D

That's a nice idea, especially since his girlfriend makes them.  That said, the situation with Dan's clothes is a little confused, in that he expected to have some but for some reason they didn't exist and were replaced with Abel's clothes.
It's not clear to me whether Dan actually succeeded in buying replacements - he may only have the robes and some pants.

Incidentally, if anyone else was wondering quite where they are at the moment (e.g. whether it's the SAIA reception) it looks like it's just outside Dan's room in the basement.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sicill

Hopefully Dan is not not one of those people who goes to school and forgets that there is a little thing you need to take care of called hygiene.
With SAIA though and its long existence there is likely some other cubi that thought they could go a few hundred years without cleaning. There could be some mechanisms in place to deal with such problems. In the worst case there is probably a pool cubi that are too stinky can be thrown into.

joshofspam

Well....Being an adventurer probably means he also knows how to travel light.

Having a bag of holding probably means he wouldn't use it to it's full capacity. Well...Except holding all his swag he would acquire on an adventure.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

e_voyager

i thought Dan's current outfit (and innumerable pairs or undergarments) were his entire closet of daily clothes.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Stig Hemmer

Dan is bringing more for his month than Abel did for his first fifty or so years.
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

Sicill

Quote from: e_voyager on August 06, 2011, 10:57:57 AM

i thought Dan's current outfit (and innumerable pairs or undergarments) were his entire closet of daily clothes.

That and all the clothes he took from Abel.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

I find it amusing that Dan packs how I pack. :3

Every time I travel I always end up bringing home more stuff, then what I brought to begin with.

Anker Steadfast

Well, considering he only has to stay one month, and they probably have a washing facility available, all he really need is a couple of robes, pants, and basic bathing utensils (toothbrush and such), and some money - that doesn't take much space at all.

e_voyager

Quote from: Sicill on August 06, 2011, 11:05:22 AM

That and all the clothes he took from Abel.

i think he gave those back. he wasn't paying attention and just took some cloths from his closet without looking and wondered how he wound up wearing what he was wearing see comic 1108 and forward
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Dragon_FoxTS

I've come across some minimalists ultralight backpackers like that on youtube.
Bush craft On Fire, and The Pathfinder School LLC. They go over stuff like the 5/10 piece kit and 10 Cs of survival. I'm not really a camper, but having a small kit and practicing some of the skill would be handy if you ever needed them in an emergency. I but together a small get home bag for my car in case I get stuck in the some where (including ramen and granola bars). Some of the things I've seen in my area is heavy snow, flooded streets, down trees, over banks, car troubles,  evacuation because of gas main leaks, etc. Sorry I got side tracked there.

LionHeart

Quote from: Stig Hemmer on August 06, 2011, 11:04:13 AM
Dan is bringing more for his month than Abel did for his first fifty or so years.
To be fair, Abel didn't exactly get a chance to pack...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Sicill

Quote from: LionHeart on August 07, 2011, 12:43:29 AM
To be fair, Abel didn't exactly get a chance to pack...

Neither did Dan when Fa'Lina first met him, knocked him out and teleported him to SAIA.
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_493.php

Granted the situation was a bit different in Dan's case from what Abel went through.

Alondro

I would have thought Dan would at least pack some of his weapons... ;3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Naldru

Quote from: Alondro on August 07, 2011, 01:46:42 PM
Why?  He's promised not to fight cubi.  In addition, the cubi's most dangerous weapon would seem to be themselves.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Maark30

Quote from: Naldru on August 07, 2011, 05:06:56 PM
Quote from: Alondro on August 07, 2011, 01:46:42 PM
Why?  He's promised not to fight cubi.  In addition, the cubi's most dangerous weapon would seem to be themselves.

Very true.  Just give Able a few boxes of paper clips and he can make you a small arsenal of stabby weapons.
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Lurkie

Heck, they don't even need weapons.  Just remember what Dan was able to do to the inside of Kria's home when he was chasing Regina.  Yikes.  Most swords couldn't do that.
|  Space   ||   Space  ||  It's Hard  ||  A Place  ||  Burma  |
|  is Big  ||  is Dark ||   to Find   ||  to Park  ||  Shave  |

Anker Steadfast

Well ... if it really is a bag of holding, there could easily be a couple of wepons in there as well !

Besides, it's amazing what you can hide in a robe. :)

Maark30

Quote from: Lurkie on August 13, 2011, 01:09:13 PM
Heck, they don't even need weapons.  Just remember what Dan was able to do to the inside of Kria's home when he was chasing Regina.  Yikes.  Most swords couldn't do that.

Thanks, I needed a good laugh today and the last frame had me laughing so hard. It gave me a new tag line that has stuck with me for a long while.  "OK, new plan, piddle self, run"  Comedy gold.
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club