Just an update

Started by SquirrelWizard, June 28, 2011, 11:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SquirrelWizard

I thought of putting this up earlier, but didn't think this would be something I should post here and decided against it. Rethinking it, this will be easier to let people know what happened, rather than copy/paste it into each and every thread that would be applicable.

Last week, my Grandfather died. His health had been declining, and the only thing we could do was be there and try and ease his pain as best as we could. The week following his death, we held a funeral service for him, and we had the wake at my house. I have had been helping my family set this up, and coping with his loss, and I have been too distracted as of late to make any real post in the various threads that I'm part of. Like I said, this is a heads up, not an apology.

I'm doing alright, as I feel he is in a better place. But, right now I'm trying to get back into the groove of visiting the forums more purposefully and pick up my RP plotting.
Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'm sorry to hear that your grandfather has passed on, but glad to hear you're coping with it okay.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Damaris

I'm so sorry for your loss. :(  It's never easy, losing a loved one.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Paladin Sheppard

Sorry to hear that Squirrel...

I'm glad you are coping with his loss.

bradypodidae

I hope all of your Grandfather's family and friends are coping with his loss. I hope that his memory causes smiles and not tears, and that his legacy lives on in his children, his grandchildren, and all that follow.

May his memory and legacy give you strength as you accept the role as the Pillar for your family during this time.
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC