06/06/11 [10-14] Binded and protected by word and trust.

Started by joshofspam, June 06, 2011, 10:56:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshofspam

So the queens protection works it's best when they believe in it?

Well that's far simpler then one having to clap ones hands I suppose.

Though this might also complicate that meeting they were talking about just a few pages back. Though it doesn't quite fit the actual use of the saying, "Getting caught with your pants down", It seems to fit just as well though.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

llearch n'n'daCorna

No, no.

The Queen is saying, if you go into the field, you are safest if you know enough about the situation you're about to get dropped into. She is saying, YOU have been there, you KNOW how important that is. She is also saying that the agents should be able to trust their commander. They should trust their commander to tell them the darn truth about what meat grinder they're about to shove their head into, on HIS orders, and on HIS behalf.

And she's reminding him that he has not been worthy of the trust his agents have been giving him. And she's giving him a good solid clout around the ear about it, verbally.

It's what's known as a "dressing down" - tearing him to pieces without putting a finger to him. And what's more, she's darned well right. And worst, he knows it.

It will be interesting to see the commander's reaction in the next strip. Oh, yes, indeedy.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

joshofspam

Aw. I see, thanks Learch.

Theirs more then one way to defend oneself, of course. Being fore warned is of course being fore armed. To simply rely on the protection of the queen would be a grieves error. You have to use your brains as well.

Heck they almost lost Ruby to the guy that thought more of her bloodline as breeding stock and it seems against the promise to Ruby's mom.

Trust and being informed of a situation would be absolutely vital to a teams survival if something came up that needed them working the entire agency.

Of course, I'm waiting to see where this Dressing down leads too. I have a feeling this conversation is far from over.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I could also point out that the Queen called Ruby and Max into the commander's office expressly to watch him being told off. That makes it... an interesting dynamic. She's demonstrating that not only is she telling him he's wrong, he's really really annoyed her, this time. Only, as Queen, she's not allowed to let her emotions control things - hence calling in his subordinates to watch him get slapped down.

It's a very effective message, there, on many levels. At least some of which he - and she, for that matter - may not be aware of.

... and I'm putting _way_ too much thought into this. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears