05/27/2011 [DMFA #1222] - The More You Know

Started by RandomMetaphysics, May 27, 2011, 01:34:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mao

As I've said in previous threads, if folks wish to discuss Project Future, there is an appropriate forum for it.  I've no doubt you're familiar with it.  I know it's kind of tricky because PF is essentially a fan-fiction of DMFA and, as such, happenings in DMFA can cause shockwaves in PF.. but those are best covered (and hopefully thoroughly explored) in PF's forums.  This will allow for the discussion of both comics to proceed in a far more focused manner. :)

AmberCross

I guess my question boils down to whether or not this cubi-transfer can follow bloodlinks in ways other than child to non-cubi parent. To use a scenario we KNOW happens: what about cases where the child just turns out to be not a cubi at all? Would it be possible to follow link from parent to child?

Anker Steadfast

Hah, Amber answers one question and then gets a whole slew of new questions.

This is why we can't have nice things, right ?

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

nevwyn

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on May 27, 2011, 06:22:30 PM

I always figured we couldn't have nice things because mow's and warp-aci kept eating them. *shakes fist* You ate my good socks mow!

Maark30

Quote from: nevwyn on May 27, 2011, 07:43:32 PM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on May 27, 2011, 06:22:30 PM

I always figured we couldn't have nice things because mow's and warp-aci kept eating them. *shakes fist* You ate my good socks mow!

At leat shen the Warp Aci eat your socks they can be found on the Island of Lost Crap. Just ask Wildy (from a safe distance) where it is.  :mowmeep
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Anker Steadfast

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Maark30

Socks are for everyone who wants them.  Sock freedom for all the oppressed pretty ponies.  :mowmeep

Arcblade

Quote from: AmberCross on May 27, 2011, 05:48:36 PM
I guess my question boils down to whether or not this cubi-transfer can follow bloodlinks in ways other than child to non-cubi parent. To use a scenario we KNOW happens: what about cases where the child just turns out to be not a cubi at all? Would it be possible to follow link from parent to child?

I would assume that because the kid doesn't have a connection to the clan leader, the non-cubi parent can't be reached.  Although such an occurrence would be rare, since Cubi with clan leaders have access to their power. 

My question is, can the Being still be converted to a clan without a clan leader?

Maark30

Quote from: Arcblade on May 29, 2011, 12:27:53 PM
Quote from: AmberCross on May 27, 2011, 05:48:36 PM

I would assume that because the kid doesn't have a connection to the clan leader, the non-cubi parent can't be reached.  Although such an occurrence would be rare, since Cubi with clan leaders have access to their power.  

My question is, can the Being still be converted to a clan without a clan leader?

The extended question is there a difference if the Clan Leader is a Tri-Wing or not?  :mowsmile
Have we ever gotten confirmation about clan leaders needing to be Tri-Wings or not????  :mowdizzy

Mao

While I'm not positive nor do I have a link to back this up at the moment (though I'm sure with some effort I could find one),  I believe that no, one does not need to be a tri-wing to be a clan leader.

LoneHowler

I'm wondering if the being had to be willing? I could see some cubi making forced changes to their spouse because they don't want to see them grow old and die
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

VAE

Quote from: LoneHowler on May 30, 2011, 01:52:40 AM
I'm wondering if the being had to be willing? I could see some cubi making forced changes to their spouse because they don't want to see them grow old and die
I can't quite imagine someone unwilling in that situation. Except for Dan, but the situation was somewhat different, and he's Dan.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth