[Writing] Cubi Clans of my own invention.

Started by Ryy Lazurus, May 03, 2011, 04:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryy Lazurus

While working on this story that I'm writing, I started getting these ideas. I have created two clans of cubi. I have plans for them that I will not be sharing at this stage, but I wrote them down in the style of the Clan's from Mink's report.

Please enjoy, and let me know your thoughts.

--------------------------------------------------------

Creideamh
Clan of Secrets
Affinity: Curiosity
Clan Strength 28

Creideamh is a secretive, almost cult-like clan. They rarely socialize with others, and don't use the academy. The Clan base is hidden inside a mountain and is a small town called Ankara. Ankara is populated with scholars, serfs and prisoners. The Clan hoards knowledge and treasures, and are keepers of a great library. They will grant anyone deserving the right to live there, however that person must swear never to leave, and obey Creideamh laws. There is a temple in Ankara that is open only the Cubi. Anyone else who tries to enter is killed.

They have very careful relations with  the Insectis. There is no friendship or alliance between the two, but they remain polite neighbors and trading partners. The Insectis have an embassy on the edge of the town.

Creideamh himself has been missing for over 4,000 years. His daughter and adopted son lead the clan in his stead. His clan are not worried about him in the slightest, and believe him alive and well.

Clan Quirk
All members of Creideamh have completely black eyes. When they use magic, the darkness seems to fluidly expand.

Clan Status
The low numbers of the Creideamh are by design. They avoided the war, but offered discreet aid to certain Cubi, in exchange for later favors. They have maintained their secrets for as long as they existed, and that doesn't seem likely to change. They often send out members into the world for some mission or an other. A few who have met them and not joined the their town believe that the Creideamh are planing something, or are working for some goal. But those who know of them view them as harmless eccentrics. Very few creatures or beings know of the Creideamh's existence. Most mistakenly think them extinct.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kil'Kranki
The Lost Clan of Wonder
Affinity: Wonder/Fascination
Clan Strength: 1

Various facts
Kil'Kranki were a great inspiration to all. They where artists, muses, entertainers, architects, social engineers and other admirable tradesmen and women. The Clan was small, but very well regarded and respected. 

Kil'Kranki sought an alliance with Piflak believing that together, the two clans would be capable of unheard of greatness. Piflak agreed completely. It was common for cubi from both clans to train and work as teams.

Things created by the Kil'Kranki are incredibly valuable. Their beauty and mysterious nature are seen as timeless. Many collectors and historians mourn the loss of the Kil'Kranki.

Clan Quirk
Members of the Kil'Kranki appeared to have no noticeable quirk. However, creatures who worked with them often commented on their obsessive nature. When a Kil'Kranki turned her mind to something, she thought of little else but that subject.

Current Status
Wiped out during the Dragon/Cubi war. The Dragons don't celebrate this victory though. It is believed that someone sold the clan out. Who ever that person may be, he made a lot of enemies. Still, many cubi find this theory horrific beyond reason. The Dragons didn't kill all Kil'Kranki. Seven who survived the massacre were each murdered by an unknown assassin. They are greatly missed by many. There is no clue or hint as to who murdered the Kil'Kranki.

Sienna Maiu - M T

More comments later, for now: "nitpicking".
You say that the "kill cranky" have a clan strength of one.  That means that the clan can still become revived, so long as there is one member who has not ascended to Triwing level.
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

Ryy Lazurus

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on May 03, 2011, 06:24:59 PM
More comments later, for now: "nitpicking".
You say that the "kill cranky" have a clan strength of one.  That means that the clan can still become revived, so long as there is one member who has not ascended to Triwing level.

He's keeping a low profile. He has other plans.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

Ryy Lazurus

Maybe. Or maybe he did something else. No one knows the details and the dragons aren't talking. Levitt doesn't talk about his past. He's more interested in the future.

Sienna Maiu - M T

oh h'oh.  This is sounding pseodo-main character now... :.
my art thread

Ryy Lazurus

I've said to much. Good day.
*walks away whistling*

Sienna Maiu - M T

my art thread

Ryy Lazurus

Intrigued?
I am curious as to what you and everyone else thinks, so go ahead and pelt me with your scorn!

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

I shall not pelt you with scorn....but I will pelt you with praise. :3 For that I'd like to share that I too, have created Cubi Clans for one of my story ideas, as well. The story is still a work in process at some plot points, so I'm not going to elaborate on that.

But what I find interesting is that we both thought of Cubi Clans with Curiosity as their main emotional affinity and that both begin with the letter "C". Although, I will say that my founder is dead and that there are under 50 members that remain alive. It also intrigues me that we both took different takes on the emotional affinity to an extent; excluding the fact that both appreciate knowledge and contain scholars.

I do have another Cubi Clan that has Curiosity as part of their emotional affinity; but they also have another emotion that they feed on as well, so I didn't want to elaborate on that one. It's also not completely finished either...... :sweatdrop

Overall, I will say I enjoyed reading about your clans. I think you executed them very well and wish you the best of luck on your story!  :mowwink

VAE

Heh, i'm your evil counterpart then, since one of my clans feeds on Boredom
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Sienna Maiu - M T

Boredom, eh? Well that sounds interesting.
Must be involved in the documentary industry, eh?
my art thread

VAE

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on May 05, 2011, 01:41:25 AM
Boredom, eh? Well that sounds interesting.
Must be involved in the documentary industry, eh?
Heh... actually more like  officials, or factory foremen... they feed on the boredom of the workers behind the assembly line, relieving them a bit and so increasing productivity.
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: VAE on May 06, 2011, 01:01:18 PM
Heh... actually more like  officials, or factory foremen... they feed on the boredom of the workers behind the assembly line, relieving them a bit and so increasing productivity.

Well that's absolutely brilliant. Becoming a casual observer with positive side-effects, rather than causing and contributing to the desired boredom.

Mind you, if they're a university professor who choose to have a three-hour long lecture...  :.
my art thread

VAE

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on May 06, 2011, 07:34:04 PM
Quote from: VAE on May 06, 2011, 01:01:18 PM

Well that's absolutely brilliant. Becoming a casual observer with positive side-effects, rather than causing and contributing to the desired boredom.

Mind you, if they're a university professor who choose to have a three-hour long lecture...  :.
You know, post creature-being war economy... this was one of the clans that made it really big because they weren't really obvious.. just bureaucrats who lived for ages and similar. Building a stable, regular, boring society, one form at a time - their motto is "A simple stone outlasts any fire".
Oh, the most important reason why they didn't buy much into SAIA?
Lack of food there... students messing with stuff, partying... i mean it has to be the least boring place in Furrae's solar system at least.

Of course , perhaps the most important reason 
Saphroneth

Ryy Lazurus

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on May 04, 2011, 09:21:43 PM
But what I find interesting is that we both thought of Cubi Clans with Curiosity as their main emotional affinity and that both begin with the letter "C".

How . . . . . . . . . . . . . Curious.

Fun fact,; Creideamh is a Gaelic word that means faith.
I'm interested in seeing these other fan clans.

Thanks for the kind words folks. My inner masochist is pissed, but I'm rather pleased. My own fan-fic is about the Incubi character I created, and the two clans I created both play a part in the wee series I have planned. I'm planning on having a bit of fun with Ryy. The first arc is called Purgation.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Affinities really mostly indicate a preference and probably the most efficient energy source.
Every young Cubi is taught that a balanced diet of all the emotional spectrum is important for optimal health and growth.

Quote from: VAE on May 06, 2011, 08:13:54 PM
*snrk* Ooh~ Mysterious~ :P
my art thread

VAE

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on May 07, 2011, 05:01:52 AM
Affinities really mostly indicate a preference and probably the most efficient energy source.
Every young Cubi is taught that a balanced diet of all the emotional spectrum is important for optimal health and growth.
Makes me wonder if it would. After all, energy is interchangeable, and it's not like the cubi are getting nutrients from there.

Quote from: VAE on May 06, 2011, 08:13:54 PM
*snrk* Ooh~ Mysterious~ :P

You saw nothing. >>
<<
Saphroneth