07/04/2011 [DMFA #1208] - Tutoring the basics

Started by Madd the Sane, April 08, 2011, 12:57:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anker Steadfast

How about the 80's fashion faeries ?
Will they still be around ?
What do would they look like ?

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

nevwyn

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on April 09, 2011, 04:27:31 PM
How about the 80's fashion faeries ?
Will they still be around ?
What do would they look like ?

Still be around? heck they will likely be back in power again by that point.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 09, 2011, 08:56:15 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on April 08, 2011, 08:26:47 PM
Bet you a drawing that it's Facebook (or the furrae equivalent)  >:3

Oh, that would certainly rock.  I just don't see Cyra being quite that up-to-date.

Cyra: "Com...pu...ter?" :mowwink
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

lilpuppy23

Quote from: AmigaDragon on April 09, 2011, 06:06:09 PM

Oh, that would certainly rock.  I just don't see Cyra being quite that up-to-date.

I'm sure Destania keeps Cyra up to date on the state of the world.
After all, Cyra needs to know when she can stop hiding.

Which reminds me, where is Destania? Seems like she just kinda disappeared...

joshofspam

Quote from: lilpuppy23 on April 09, 2011, 11:59:49 PM
Quote from: AmigaDragon on April 09, 2011, 06:06:09 PM

I'm sure Destania keeps Cyra up to date on the state of the world.
After all, Cyra needs to know when she can stop hiding.

I think that in http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1002.php that its been some time since she has talked to any descendant. Which might indicate that Cyra has limited access to the outside would.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Dorkifyme!

it's so weird to have to wait for the comic now! i just started reading DMFA a week or two ago and i plowed through it all like a book and now i'm waiting. waiting to see just how Dan's going back to Academy will go :o
he'll probably learn more about Destania. and become actual friends with Abel? ahh thats probably wishful thinking. haha.

manchac

Dan has been advised to wear a shirt to show respect.  I believe he will see Cyra in person (or an equivalent experience).  Cyra is certain to know about SAIA (her daughter was a department chair there) and will likely warp Dan there, where he will have to face Aaryanna.  The randiness that took place in Kria's presence, I think, is just the kind of item that's right up Aaryanna's alley.  She will jealously insist on teaching Dan how to out-randy a demon.  I hope she doesn't make his amygdala explode.

MT Hazard

Quote from: lilpuppy23 on April 09, 2011, 11:59:49 PM

Dest was last seen conspiring with Biggs.

You have to wonder how much she cares about Dan, leaving him alone at a pivotal moment in his life, not educating him about about his cubi heritage, not enrolling him in SAIA, punching him in the face disguised as ferret. Considering her age (7026) her perception of time might be a little different to others.

"I only left him alone for a year, what's the worst that can happen? " Two near death experiences that's what.

Considering he may represent the future of Cyra clan you would have though she would make sure he was prepared for the possible threats (Dragons etc) to him and his friends.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Alondro

It's CYRA time, bee-yatch! 

*bright, sparkly transformation sequence ensues?*  ;3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: AxiLarin on April 09, 2011, 10:29:12 AM
That's a long time to consider.  Any beings like Jyraas, Merlitz, Wildy, Biggs, Alexsi, and Edward would all be long gone.

I'm just wondering. How do you know Wildy is a being, and not, say, an Amazon?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Anker Steadfast

Well, we know she is a Shaman ... she might transcend into a ghostly ancestor Obi Wan Kenobi style, and advice/stalk her children forever. 

Sounds like something wildy would definately do.

:D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

LordViking

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 11, 2011, 03:01:10 PMI'm just wondering. How do you know Wildy is a being, and not, say, an Amazon?
Being an Amazon can still mean Wildy is a being as Amazons aren't so much a race as they are a group. The Amazons we saw in the flashback were from three different races for starters. And though we don't know too much about Wildy's past, it doesn't seem to hint to her being an Amazon.
Off course it is still possible Wildly is a creature of sorts in disguise.

Joe3210

Quote from: LordViking on April 12, 2011, 05:32:18 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 11, 2011, 03:01:10 PMI'm just wondering. How do you know Wildy is a being, and not, say, an Amazon?
Being an Amazon can still mean Wildy is a being as Amazons aren't so much a race as they are a group. The Amazons we saw in the flashback were from three different races for starters. And though we don't know too much about Wildy's past, it doesn't seem to hint to her being an Amazon.
I'm more inclined to think Biggs and Wildy are both weres.

Biggs has his own territory of 'twinks'.  Wildy has her own spellcasting abilities.
"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl

joshofspam

Quote from: Joe3210 on April 12, 2011, 08:52:33 PM
I'm more inclined to think Biggs and Wildy are both weres.

Biggs has his own territory of 'twinks'.  Wildy has her own spellcasting abilities.

Eh, I've been more inclined to think one of their parents was an angel. From what is explained about the angel race their scheming nature fits well with Bigg's and Wildy's nature.

Might even fit in with Wildy's wing fetish. ;)
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Darnit. I was thinking "Were" and typing "Amazon" - my bad. :-/

Drayco84

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 13, 2011, 12:26:03 PM
Cubi, check. Being, check (x2 or 3). Demon, check. Dragon, check. Mythos, check. Fae, oh HECK yes...
So, with a Were, the gang's missing a Phoenix B, Angel, Undead, and Gryphon. (Most likely type A...)
Unless Merlitz is/was a Phoenix B, which explains the fire-magic... (And the wings...)
However, it depends on how a shaman's magic is acquired. If it's innate, then it's totally possible. If it's divine/some other source...

However, one could argue that ALL their magic comes from Amber via the art and storytelling...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Undead. That would be Delboy, otherwise known as Devin.

I believe Aliyka (see strip 117 etc) is Gryphon.

The other two, I'm a bit more vague on.

Maark30

Quote from: Drayco84 on April 13, 2011, 01:15:35 PM
Cubi, check. Being, check (x2 or 3). Demon, check. Dragon, check. Mythos, check. Fae, oh HECK yes...
So, with a Were, the gang's missing a Phoenix B, Angel, Undead, and Gryphon. (Most likely type A...)
Unless Merlitz is/was a Phoenix B, which explains the fire-magic... (And the wings...)
However, it depends on how a shaman's magic is acquired. If it's innate, then it's totally possible. If it's divine/some other source...

However, one could argue that ALL their magic comes from Amber via the art and storytelling...

Huh???  When did Merlitz have wings???
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Barhandar

Quote from: Maark30 on April 14, 2011, 02:24:06 AM
Huh???  When did Merlitz have wings???
When he's angry, he gets flame wings. Check his page.

Kirishala

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 13, 2011, 03:55:46 PMI believe Aliyka (see strip 117 etc) is Gryphon.
She is a Pheonix(B), the feline alternate form (shown in strip907) is a give away and she was listed as a Pheonix/Feline when she has a cast page (Wayback Machine archive of said cast page)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Kirishala on April 18, 2011, 06:46:09 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 13, 2011, 03:55:46 PMI believe Aliyka (see strip 117 etc) is Gryphon.
She is a Pheonix(B), the feline alternate form (shown in strip907) is a give away and she was listed as a Pheonix/Feline when she has a cast page (Wayback Machine archive of said cast page)

Ah, darnit. I knew I'd have to get something wrong somewhere. :-/ Thanks for correcting me.

... still means we have Phoenix B instead of Gryph, though, so my list stands. *cough* if not quite as I wanted it to. *grin*

LordViking

Yeah, I thought as much already but wasn't completely sure. I'm a supporter of Wildy being a Were as well btw. It would fit with the cast slowly filling up the slots for all the races.