04/03/2011 [DMFA# 1199] - Attack of the Mega Wibbles!

Started by Draken, March 04, 2011, 01:31:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talis Mahn

Quote from: Scow2 on March 05, 2011, 03:26:37 PM
Sorry Amber.... but next year, February is planning to emerge triumphant, bringing forth a twenty-NINTH[/b] day to bear against the efforts of your anti-February campaign.

Sorry February, but buying enhancement pills shall not save you!  Muahahahahaha!

Anker Steadfast

The Dragon/Cubi war has nothing on the Amber/February war !!   :U

Next thing you know, February looses all it's Mondays !

:D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Turnsky

you know that after 2012, all months will be Februaries.

hey, just a thought, should furrae have its own calendar?

that way ambargh can have her own little world without February... or any other month that offends her.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Attic Rat

Quote from: Turnsky on March 06, 2011, 06:43:00 AM

that way ambargh can have her own little world without February... or any other month that offends her.

Furrae could go metric and have years 100 days long with ten 10-day months! Of course, then it would take about three and a half years to get from one summer to the next. Dratted physical universe!

But then, I'm still mad about Daylight Saving Time, when noon is at 1:00 PM. How do you really know for sure just when to meet someone for lunch?
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

VAE

Quote from: Attic Rat on March 06, 2011, 07:59:39 PM

Furrae could go metric and have years 100 days long with ten 10-day months! Of course, then it would take about three and a half years to get from one summer to the next. Dratted physical universe!

But then, I'm still mad about Daylight Saving Time, when noon is at 1:00 PM. How do you really know for sure just when to meet someone for lunch?

Why so? Define metric days (changing the def. of hour), metric months, and then stuff as much of them into a year as needed.
Every month being the same length would be that much better even if there isn't a  (x % 10 == 0) amount of them
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Maark30

Of course if Furrea's orbit is different than our worlds then the whole point of metric days is moot because the entire calendar is already different from ours. :mowmeep
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

VAE

Quote from: Maark30 on March 06, 2011, 11:11:26 PM
Of course if Furrea's orbit is different than our worlds then the whole point of metric days is moot because the entire calendar is already different from ours. :mowmeep

Why? they could have a metric callendary tuned to Furrea....
They might even use different base units, as their magnitude tends to be arbitrary
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Turnsky

or it could be as simple as having different names. or a different month order, or something like that.

Tapewolf

DMFA seems to have Thursdays.  'Course, it might have been translated into Earth terms for familiarity and the real name is something else.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

VAE

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 07, 2011, 03:01:43 AM
DMFA seems to have Thursdays.  'Course, it might have been translated into Earth terms for familiarity and the real name is something else.
Even with that, it'd suggest a compatible week with at least four days XD
Saphroneth

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: VAE on March 07, 2011, 01:19:38 PM
Even with that, it'd suggest a compatible week with at least four days XD

... And now I have this mental thought of a week with somewhere between four and eleven days, depending on which week it is...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Turnsky

Tapewolf

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on March 06, 2011, 04:19:47 AM

This alarms me, since it can only mean that Amber will be sending out death squads to take down everyone born under Aquarius or Pisces.  Just to be sure.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

VAE

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 08, 2011, 07:21:26 AM

This alarms me, since it can only mean that Amber will be sending out death squads to take down everyone born under Aquarius or Pisces.  Just to be sure.

Hmm, under the horoscope updated to reflect current position of the heavenly bodies *i'm* Pisces....
Better get prepared.
Saphroneth

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: VAE on March 09, 2011, 07:59:52 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on March 08, 2011, 07:21:26 AM

Hmm, under the horoscope updated to reflect current position of the heavenly bodies *i'm* Pisces....
Better get prepared.

*whew*

Thank god I'm born under the Virgo sign then.
I totally dodged that one. 

:D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

AmigaDragon

Better get prepared.
And when did they suddenly move?  :mowwink
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Maark30

Quote from: AmigaDragon on March 18, 2011, 03:56:47 AM
Better get prepared.
And when did they suddenly move?  :mowwink

Ah the joy of orbital mechanics and such.  Since the stars move in space as does the solar system, the position of the stars changes all the time but in very small increments so the living do not notice it.  But wait over the span of millennium and the changes are noticeable. So one day Virgo will where Orion's belt. :mowcookie
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

AmigaDragon

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Attic Rat

Quote from: VAE on March 06, 2011, 08:24:18 PM
Quote from: Attic Rat on March 06, 2011, 07:59:39 PM

Why so? Define metric days (changing the def. of hour), metric months, and then stuff as much of them into a year as needed.
Every month being the same length would be that much better even if there isn't a  (x % 10 == 0) amount of them

Shall we remove the concept of a day being a period of light and darkness, or a year being one orbit around the sun? There are approximately 365.25 days in a year. It isn't easy to divide 365.25 into any sort of equal parts, especially 10. If we had ten months, each would be 36.525 days long. If we had 100 months, each would be 3.6525 days long. If we got rid of months entirely, we'd still have a quarter of a day at the end of each year. Nobody listened to my suggestion for a 6-hour party (off the clock!) every year, so we're stuck with leap-years.

Why do you think all of humanity's calendar systems are complicated messes? We live in the SOL system.
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?