03/02/2011 [DMFA# 1194] - This thread is relavent to my interests.

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, February 03, 2011, 03:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maark30

Quote from: Akisohida on February 03, 2011, 06:47:34 PM
Quote from: Kayriel on February 03, 2011, 11:17:08 AM
You kind of wonder. How is Abel going to feel when he learns that his father was killed by Dan's sister's mother?

he already knows.

1) He mauled Ink when Ink said Dan was a Ti'Fona, so he knew the name.

2) he knew his father was dead.

So I conclude that, when she killed his father, he followed her awhile, perhaps plotting revenge for taking the chance from him, and saw her marry Edward, or otherwise learned of it, so he knew her last name was now Ti'Fona, and that she killed his father.

Points 1 & 2 are correct but the conclusion is off base.  Alexsi's mother died either from injuries of the battle or just before Edward finished it off.  Abel never left SAIA until he was sent to help Dan adjust.  

But you are correct that Abel knew he was dead. Abel even mentioned once that for his birthday he planed to kill his father but it was a moot point, so he knew Aniz was dead so that should end the Aniz is anybody else plotters.(Yea right :mowignore)

Also. Amber thank you for showing us a pic of Alexsi's mom.  That is a nice piece of clean wholesome fan-service. :mowcookie
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Hariman

Quote from: Brunhidden on February 03, 2011, 01:21:33 PM
Quote from: Ted Schiller on February 03, 2011, 11:46:36 AM
Quote from: Kayriel on February 03, 2011, 11:17:08 AM
You kind of wonder. How is Abel going to feel when he learns that his father was killed by Dan's sister's mother?

Abel will feel like sending flowers and candy to Alexsi with a thank you note.   :batman

With regards,
Ted

killstealing rarely gets flowers, but then killstealing is rarely hereditary either
Quote from: Alondro on February 03, 2011, 01:43:47 PM
If Quintinga had been Destania, she would have had to hide her clan symbol very carefully, as it cannot be shifted away.  Edward would have found out the first time they were... uhm... boingy boingy.   ;)

It does not remove the possibility of an elaborate ruse, for Aniz often disguised himself as an adventurer, and I believe Destania was said to have been injured by a party of adventurers.  It just means Ed would have known the truth from a very early point.

Hmm, I can't think of anything to completely prove or disprove that theory at the moment.  So unless someone can point out a fact that dispells it, it's in the realm of plausibility.

It's possible for two blond parents to have a brown haired child and vice versa, but I still don't think that Destania was Quintinga either.

I think Aniz tried to take Ed's place and was caught in the act. Although it's possible that Aniz succeeded and then faked his death using Ed's body after killing both Ed and Quintinga.

Either way, I think Abel will take flowers to Quintinga's grave and thank her. And then berate her because he wanted to kill Aniz.

Oh, and I personally think that Aniz is dead. There has to be a lot that we're missing in the past surrounding Aniz, Quintinga, Ed and Abel.
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!

Madmann135

Quote from: MT Hazard on February 03, 2011, 09:23:31 AM
Search: Sharpspear

Detail: SHARPSPEAR, one of several adventuring Amazon tribes, favours the spear or polearm.

See also STABSWORD, BLUNTCLUB and WHIPCRACK

Lets not forget tribe "308 caliber flaming sword of justice with a telescopic sight."  (if you get that then 10 nerd points to you)

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

terrycloth

Ugh. x.x Right.

'Last surviving member of his adventuring party' is Aniz's SOP. Abel and Dan are totally brothers. :3

Madd the Sane

A thought: The reason why the soul stone didn't react to Abel is because it was Aniz's soul stone.  If Kria did something similar to Edward and it went off...
Kria: "Well hello." *kills*

In other news: Aniz is dead.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Anker Steadfast

Pffft .. no wai !!  :U

.. Aniz is obviously moonlighting as Fa'Lina, and enjoys wearing dresses. :D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Nino

QuoteIt's possible for two blond parents to have a brown haired child and vice versa, but I still don't think that Destania was Quintinga either.

Assuming human genetic patterns (as you are referring to), blonde is recessive to brown. Thus, two brown haired parents could have a blonde child but not vice-versa.

We already know Edward is a carrier of the blonde gene no matter WHO the mother is (as if he were homozygous brown this would have been passed down and expressed in Alexsi), and it seems like genes from the creature parent in Furrae that determine physical appearance for some reason are almost all recessive, so whether Quintiga or Destania was Alexsi's real birthmother, Alexsi could definitey be a blonde.

Chart (B = Brown, b = blonde, c = recessive creature genes):

Edward T'Fiona: Bb crossed with either Quintiga (bb) or Destania (ostensibly cc, since her phenotype is a very recessive creature color):
Offspring:
Daniel: Bc = brown hair
Alexsi: bb (Quintiga parentage) = blonde hair OR bc (Destania parentage) = ALSO blonde hair.

Edit: this assumes that even if Alexsi is the offspring of Destania (and thus most likely a Cubi) that she is still presenting her true hair color. If Destania is truely the mother this opens up a whole can of worms: it could be inferred that Alexsi may not actually be blonde at all but rather changed her appearance to match with her consequently fictional mother Quintiga (Cubi are shapeshifters, yada yada yada). Thus this is the only situation where Edward would not have to have a recessive blonde allele (actual genotype would be B, unknown) as the blonde hair was never there to begin with on either Quintiga (Destania) or Alexsi. My opinion is that this is not the case, but it is worth mentioning if we're talking about Destania parentage.

edit edit: nevermind, even if Alexsi was Destania's child she couldn't be a 'cubi if Edward wasn't one, as clan cyra definitely only has two members in DMFA present, verified by Cyra herself and the mini-arc. And I doubt a being/cubi pairing would produce a being, so I think it's safe to say Quintiga was a real being... at least this is what I'm going with :p

Tapewolf

Quote from: Madd the Sane on February 04, 2011, 01:32:00 AM
A thought: The reason why the soul stone didn't react to Abel is because it was Aniz's soul stone.  If Kria did something similar to Edward and it went off...
Kria: "Well hello." *kills*

In other news: Aniz is dead.

Well, Kria seemed to be concerned not only with Aniz, but also that some third party might impersonate Abel and swipe the inheritance.  On that basis it would be far more sensible to use Abel's stone for an initial test, and then Aniz' afterwards if he was a fake.

However, this does bring up the interesting question of whether you would able to verify a corpse using a faeta gem.  It may very well only work on the living since it uses the soul and if the soul is no longer in the body...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Anker Steadfast

It's nice to see someone else figured out the soulstone connection though. :)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

terrycloth

Kria and Dan never met until recently. I don't see why Kria and Edward would ever have met to do some soulstone test?

I know! Aniz and Miss Sharpspear ran off together because of TRUE LOVE and Edward said they were both dead to cover for them because he was still carrying a torch. Then when he found out Destania was Aniz's ex, REVENGE! >:3

AmigaDragon

Quote from: iceick on February 03, 2011, 03:34:26 AMIt's too bad that Macy had to cut off that part of the search before it told where Edward was though.

I think it might have shown his current location as "UNKNOWN" or "MISSING". However, it looks like we now know Destania's alias going into marriage, Desiree Star.

Quote from: Hariman on February 03, 2011, 08:32:32 AMWhat gets me is that Destania and Biggs were talking about Ed and they mentioned him being in the hands of the Dragons, in stasis. This happened during "The Return of Dark Pegasus", after Destania had sent Dan off to stop DPs resurrection.

Just because they know doesn't mean his location is officially known.

I still wonder why Abel would care that Dan is Edward's son when it was recorded that Quintinga made the kill.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Hariman

Quote from: terrycloth on February 04, 2011, 12:55:12 AM
Ugh. x.x Right.

'Last surviving member of his adventuring party' is Aniz's SOP. Abel and Dan are totally brothers. :3

The thought of Destania and Aniz making up still makes my brain go Squoosh out of my ear.

As for hair color? Oops. My bad. I was thinking two brown haired parents with multiple blond children.
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!

Congo Jack

Quote from: AmigaDragon on February 04, 2011, 06:12:03 PM

I still wonder why Abel would care that Dan is Edward's son when it was recorded that Quintinga made the kill.

And Kria wasn't there when border post fell...

Remember, Macy reads official information, which often isn't how it was.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Congo Jack on February 06, 2011, 03:14:28 PM
Remember, Macy reads official information, which often isn't how it was.

I think you have mistaken "official" for "is on the internet"; the two are significantly different, and often at odds. If not downright misleading...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

terrycloth

Quote from: Hariman on February 05, 2011, 12:07:24 AM
The thought of Destania and Aniz making up still makes my brain go Squoosh out of my ear.

What, you think she'd go to a being adventurer when she was weak and desperate? "Hi, Aniz. I know you're probably going to kill me while I'm vulnerable but I have no choice but to ask for your help." "Nah, let's kiss and make up." "But I swore vengeance! By the laws of my people I have to kill you!" "They're more... guidelines, really."

Maark30

Terrycloth, I have a feeling that the "By the laws of my people" is a gimmick line like the other one she tried to teach to her students  aka the"Special Incantation" Ploy   http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_568.php
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club