14/01/2011 [DMFA# 1187] - Cubi Wardrobe Malfunction

Started by Icalasari, January 14, 2011, 04:32:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D'ymkarra

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on January 14, 2011, 10:17:38 PM
Or what Abel said here http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_621.php  Dan's first lesson

PBH

That's what I was thinking of...Abel had mentioned somewhere in that arc about basic shifting ('minor aesthetics') working on a subconcious level...apparently when the subconcious goes bye-bye, so does what's been changed.
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Maark30

Quote from: 127.0.0.2 on January 15, 2011, 07:05:37 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on January 15, 2011, 04:43:16 AM
i guess technically Abel wore his birthday suit to Jy's house.   :P
... which, if we assume that Jyrras realized that too, puts the follow up comic into quite a different perspective... :P

IT DID.    :mowmeep :mowcookie
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Hariman

Quote from: Maark30 on January 15, 2011, 07:56:39 PM
Quote from: 127.0.0.2 on January 15, 2011, 07:05:37 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on January 15, 2011, 04:43:16 AM
i guess technically Abel wore his birthday suit to Jy's house.   :P
... which, if we assume that Jyrras realized that too, puts the follow up comic into quite a different perspective... :P

IT DID.    :mowmeep :mowcookie

Poor Jyrras. Poor poor Jyrras.
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!

AmberCross

Quote from: Spooks on January 15, 2011, 12:38:46 AM
Quote from: AmberCross on January 14, 2011, 10:54:13 PM
What happened to Abel's actual clothes?

He dropped his remaining clothes on the ground and shapeshifted new pants by shrinking his wings.
huh... didn't notice his wings being smaller, OR her saying that. Guess that makes me wonder how much cubi have to follow the laws of conservation. Seems they can quite easily make mass go away (unless they stay the same weight when their clothes disappear) but obtaining extra mass is harder for some reason?

Naldru

There is another possibility that nobody seems to have mentioned.  Take a look at this page entry from Google and http://psychology.wikia.com/wiki/Pseudocyesis.  As stated pseudocyesis is a condition where women will show the outward signs of pregnancy but are not pregnant.  The external appearances are maintained during sleep but go away under anaesthetic.  So perhaps Abel's clothes vanished because of his drinking but would not have vanished if he had simply gone to sleep.

Of course, an attempt to apply actual psychological conditions to an imaginary species doing shape changing in a comic strip may be overthinking it a little.

Edit:

Okay, I made most of the URL invisible to the viewer.  I probably should have done that before.  However, that was the URL that appeared at the top of the page.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears