10/01/2011 [DMFA# 1186] - Drinking WAY too much

Started by Captain, January 10, 2011, 05:42:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain

When I heard alcohol and coffee affected creatures this was not what I was thinking of. Then considering what amber likes to do it shouldn't really be a surprise.

Well at least when he gets back to seeing Dan he's got an apology coming.

I think Dan may be getting nicer but then he never was that mean, he's just kinda ignorant and paranoid based on being an adventurer. It's still a major improvement over what he originally thought of Abel.
If you want to visit me:
Download this: http://shoddybattle.com/downloads
then go to Captain's Modded Server and look for captaiN

Tapewolf

Yeah, nice to see Dan all apologetic.  In other news, Lorenda's expression of horror cracks me up.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Naldru

If it's over one hundred proof, could it be igniting on the way up.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Jarr

Is it just me, or does Dan's face seem even more human-like in this one?

Starcat5

Quote from: Jarr on January 10, 2011, 08:12:39 AM
Is it just me, or does Dan's face seem even more human-like in this one?
It isn't just you. I'm not sure WHY Amber wants to make his jawline less cat-like, but if she WANTS to make Dan's chin pointy, she has the right.

*Frowns*

I just thought of something. Dan was based off of someone else's Fursona. Perhaps the original Dan is pushing for the longer chin. I thought I saw him on these forums within the last few months, so maybe he can shed some light on this subject.
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

MT Hazard

Quote from: Captain on January 10, 2011, 05:42:46 AM
I think Dan may be getting nicer but then he never was that mean, he's just kinda ignorant and paranoid based on being an adventurer. It's still a major improvement over what he originally thought of Abel.

It will be interesting to see Dan with Cubi his own age, considering others may think of him as a child (Like Arry), that and the entire race is somewhat emotionally unbalanced.

He may also have some issues with other students because of who his mother is. If Arry is ever his teacher (quite likely) she may be quite disappointed in his lack of interest in terror, torture and mayhem. Don't think it will bother the headmistress though.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tangent

Poor boy. I think he's taken Dan's place as the buttmonkey of the comic. ^^;;
Robert A. Howard, Tangents Reviews
http://www.tangents.us

lilpuppy23

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: lilpuppy23 on January 10, 2011, 05:44:02 PM
What wine is 50% alcohol I wonder...

:B

Whatever it was, it wasn't wine. ;-]

Maybe Jy-Jy grabbed the wrong bottle?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Turnsky

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 10, 2011, 06:34:29 PM

Whatever it was, it wasn't wine. ;-]

Maybe Jy-Jy grabbed the wrong bottle?

fortified, perhaps?

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

That_wolf

Genetic tampering?

He's capable of making BUBBLE GUM sentinent(and more awsome than thought possible), don't you think he could make hyper-wine?
Abel needs a hug...

SpottedKitty

Hmm... I wouldn't say Abel's having a throwing-up problem. He seems to be doing it very well indeed, with no problems at all.   ;)
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

iceick

Stig Hemmer

This has a time for Abel to meet his past.  In my opinion, this would be a good moment for Mink to reappear and make everything right again. :hug
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

Hariman

My reaction to Dan's pointier chin was "Does Ambaaargh mean to make him that girly/bishounen?"

And I stand by my opinion that Abel's reaction stems from the realization that Fa'lina knew that this would happen.

Or, you know, just having one too many system shocks hit him at one time.

Quote from: That_wolf on January 10, 2011, 08:14:22 PM
Genetic tampering?

He's capable of making BUBBLE GUM sentient(and more awesome than thought possible), don't you think he could make hyper-wine?

Hyper-wine: All the class of wine but the power of whiskey. Clearly the world weeps for it's absence.

Although, some of the people that I've met don't need Hyper-wine, let alone regular wine.
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!

Tangent

Ice wine. You freeze the wine, skim off the ice, and the rest is significantly higher in alcohol content.

Cogidubnus

Genetic tampering?

He's capable of making BUBBLE GUM sentinent(and more awsome than thought possible), don't you think he could make hyper-wine?

If you mean higher proof wine, I think they call that brandy. Basically distilled wine, from what I gather.

Why do I know this. :c

AmigaDragon

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Tangent

Quote from: Cogidubnus on January 10, 2011, 09:31:32 PM
Genetic tampering?

If you mean higher proof wine, I think they call that brandy. Basically distilled wine, from what I gather.

Why do I know this. :c

Brandy is distilled wine.

BTW, I was wrong about ice wine. That's when the grapes freeze on the vines and are then used to make a dessert wine (using the unfrozen elements). Other alcoholic beverages do use freeze-distilling to increase the alcohol content, however.

LionHeart

Abel probably has only very limited experience with alcohol. He has, after all, spent the last 350-odd years in an environment where people can get high off each other's emotional output.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Les

Long live Space Race, Long live... Molvania!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tangent on January 10, 2011, 10:04:28 PM
BTW, I was wrong about ice wine. That's when the grapes freeze on the vines and are then used to make a dessert wine (using the unfrozen elements). Other alcoholic beverages do use freeze-distilling to increase the alcohol content, however.

I was going to say, it didn't seem all that strong to me. Very very sweet, though, which indicates that the sugars haven't been metabolised into ethyl alcohol yet.

Or so I gather - I'm not completely au fait with the precise chemical and biological manouverings that go into your average alcoholisation process, whilst being vaguely aware of the details...

Tangent

Many dessert wines are only a little above 28 proof, but the extra level of sugars in the ice wines means that if someone wanted to, they could make a more alcoholic wine.

Given that wine gives me a hangover while I'm still drinking it, I prefer a nice Scotch instead. ^^;;

Alondro

*Jyrras*  Oh yeah, I forgot about the brandy I'd distilled as a child.

*Lorenda*  You distilled alcohol when you were a child? 

*Jyrras nods*  I started drinking very early...  :<

*Lorenda erms*  And why was that?

*Jyrras sighs*  My sisters used to dress me up in doll's clothes and call me their Pretty Princess Pufflelumps.   :<

*Lorenda... thinking*  That explains certain... things...  :erk
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Maark30

Quote from: Alondro on January 11, 2011, 09:10:38 AM
*Jyrras*  Oh yeah, I forgot about the brandy I'd distilled as a child.

*Lorenda*  You distilled alcohol when you were a child?  

*Jyrras nods*  I started drinking very early...  :<

*Lorenda erms*  And why was that?

*Jyrras sighs*  My sisters used to dress me up in doll's clothes and call me their Pretty Princess Pufflelumps.   :<

*Lorenda... thinking*  That explains certain... things...  :erk

What scares me here is that this one works. 
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Maark30 on January 11, 2011, 11:20:31 AM
What scares me here is that this one works. 

Not really. It's very un-Jyrras-like. It's also vaguely un-Lorenda-like, albeit not as egregiously.

Of course, that's just my opinion, and Amber may well feel differently about how Lorenda and Jyrras would behave. And she'd be right. *grin*

MT Hazard

Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Naldru

A drink that is 50 percent alcohol by volume is actually 100 proof. The reason that you can't get wine or beer with that much alcohol is that the alcohol poisons the fermentation process long before it reaches that concentration.  You can increase the concentration by distillation. Distilled wine becomes brandy, and distilled beer becomes whiskey.  (I went over the comments again and some of this was explained before.)

You can actually get naturally occurring wine when some fruit that stays on the trees starts fermenting after a while.  This can result in inebriated moose and elk in the winter because they eat almost anything they can find.  Believe me when I say that a drunk moose is not a pretty sight.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

That_wolf

Abel needs a hug...

Lego3400

I'm going to go with Either Amber or Jy don't know their alcohol and leave it at that.